Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mod-deth Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 02:27 PM
O-k...this shizzz has gone on long enough. Its time for my side of the story here, so just read and keep an open mind:

All this crap started more than a year ago when I listed my used BAT spring/strut combo in the classifieds. I accurately described them as used, with aprox 40,000 miles on them. As I believe that struts have a lifespan of 60,000 miles, and they were already 2/3rds the way gone, I listed them for $200 plus shipping (as new BAT parts go for $595 plus shipping, 1/3 =$200).

They were not blown. They worked fine. I regularly made trips up to Michigan City in IN (600 miles each way) with my girls, and the car rode fine.

Well, GehyZ contacted me, and bought the struts. As they were still on my car (as I told him they were), I took a little longer than I thought to take them off. Its a 2 day job for me, as I'm not as mechanically inclined as some of you.

After he recieved them, he was all huffy and upset that they weren't new looking. Gee, really...40,000 miles and 1 winter in MI. But they worked fine. He next said that one of them was "blown". No pics offered...no second opinion...just his word. When I shipped them, I had to compress all the struts to make them fit into the box, and they were all the same.

Well GehyZ threw a fit. Started bashing me on here, bashing PMs and bashing emails. Bashing phone messages. He demanded that I buy him one new strut. A real nutcase. He bought used goods that were accurately desribed and fairly priced. I mean $200 for the kit as I said above was a fair price.

Near the end of all this, Pole120 mentioned in a post that he was looking for an exhaust flange for a project. I had one. He paypal'd me $12 for it. When I went to look for it, I couldn't find it. Seems that in my move down south, it had gotten thrown away. So I went down to a not so local junkyard and cut one off a contour that ws in the yard, then shipped it to him. He wasn't too happy that it took me a while, but I tried to go the extra mile and get him his flange.

O-k...now...that is it. There are no other pieces that I sold during this time. Period. Nada. I have no idea where all these other "yeah, he tried to sell me this...or that" came from. If any of these people can reproduce any conversations that we had...I'd love to see them, cause there aren't any.

But better yet...someone contact pudmunkie, and ask him about the wheels he just bought from me 3 weeks ago. Contact conner7, who'm I met this past Monday and bought his front bumper cover and some other bits.

And contact the bros that bought my E0s, my Kosei's, my FSVT wheels, my exhaust, my sho-shop intake and Y-pipe, the headers, the Koni/GC's I sold before this episode with GehyZ. Everyone of them a happy camper.

You have a bunch of people jumping on the bandwagon who have never even conversed with me, who are focusing their anger from other people onto me. Its total crap.

And when people, like mapotazifosho , send me PMs threatening to find my girls and hurt them...how cool is that? Is that an appropriate response?

The bottom line is...goods were offeres. Money was exchanged...goods were recieved. Its not like I didn't send hime what he had purchased. He recieved the goods. They were just as described.

WHich is the opposite of my dealings with troll96SE. I sent hime $240 8 weeks ago for some E0's...and they were never sent.

So..have at him. Tear him up. Send him all the PMs, emails, and what not full of threats and malice. Or is it o-k for him to scam..and not even send the merchandise? He was on even longer than me...more posts than me...but hey, its probably o-k for him.

Hey...maybe I should post his address and phone number...that would be real cool...huh? Maybe he has kids...we can all start sending them threats as well.

Yeah...CEG!!

BTW...I do not have anything for sale...and have no idea who this Frank dude is with the floor mats, tho I could use a pair myself.

Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 02:34 PM
so what, are you frank mccoy? im so confused

~Andrew
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Mid Life Crisis:

And when people, like mapotazifosho , send me PMs threatening to find my girls and hurt them...how cool is that? Is that an appropriate response?

do you have a copy of this for proof? thats a mighty big accusation, and if it's factual, pete has some explaining to do.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:02 PM

WHich is the opposite of my dealings with troll96SE. I sent hime $240 8 weeks ago for some E0's...and they were never sent.

He also stuck starjammir with the hotle bill at SZ because he said he was coming. There was also another post about him not shipping good as well. What a great CEGer.
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:05 PM
I'm with mxracer, this is a huge calling out, you better be able to prove this. threatning your kids is down right uncool, if someone on here is threatning kids, etc. with pm's they should be banned. if your lying about him threatning your kids and starting crap, that's down right evil and you should be banned.

You have opened up a big can here by calling mapotazifsho a child threatning thug. hope you can prove this, because your credability(sp?)isn't worth much right now.

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:06 PM
This still doesn't explain why your email address keeps popping up on scamming sites. I've heard far too many untrustworthy stories from numerous CEGers here to trust you, at least for right now. I would like to hear more about this though.

Edit: And yeah, I've had a few dealings with Chris where he promised stuff and then never deliverd... he is incredibly untrustworthy.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:08 PM
And Frank what do you expect when you search google for mcgainer@hotmail.com and get ton of scam info?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:09 PM
Originally posted by todras:

He also stuck starjammir with the hotle bill at SZ because he said he was coming. There was also another post about him not shipping good as well. What a great CEGer.

I've given him a deposit on parts, like 50% of the total price, and he turned around and sold them to someone else. Gave me a busted piece of junk center console and needs alot of work. I was originally supposed to get one that he was going to pull from the junkyard for me.

I wouldn't be suprised if those E0 wheels are my old wheels since we did a trade for parts.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:11 PM
I was supposed to buy im something from troll96SE, i paid for it and after keeping asking him when he's gonna send it, he was not replying .. and he finaly refound me (4$ less than what i paid) without any explication and never reply to any PM
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:12 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

do you have a copy of this for proof? thats a mighty big accusation, and if it's factual, pete has some explaining to do.

This is the only thing Pete said.
What is this guys last name. Years ago he mentioned he had a daughter at MSU to me. He was trying to sell me some [censored], and he was still living in Holland MI. If possible let's bring his family into this!

No mention of harm. He was refering to asking others in the family if they knew what Frank was up to.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:14 PM

What other people have sent you threatening PMs? (PM me names)

Go to those PMs, Ctrl+Alt+Print Screen and send me the screenshots. PM me for my email address.

Without proof, it's nothing more than he said-he said.

Edit:
This is a very valid point.
And Frank what do you expect when you search google for mcgainer@hotmail.com and get ton of scam info?

In addition, I personally had a problem with Frank McCoy a few years ago trying to buy a part and getting the run-around. A good friend and local CEGer also got a major run around from Frank McCoy a couple years ago and almost had to get authorities involved before getting a refund.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:14 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

This is the only thing Pete said.
What is this guys last name. Years ago he mentioned he had a daughter at MSU to me. He was trying to sell me some [censored], and he was still living in Holland MI. If possible let's bring his family into this!

No mention of harm. He was refering to asking others in the family if they knew what Frank was up to.

I disagree. But first we need to decide the validity of Frank's post.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:19 PM
Is GehyZ the same as SleeperZ? because I see no mention of SleeperZ in any of that.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:23 PM
This is why I stay the HELL out of these Bandwagon "lets get him posts". IMO if YOU don't have 1st hand experience with whats really going on - you need to keep your effin mouth shut!

FWIW - Frank's bought brakes off me and it went fine.

I seriously suggest people who have no legitimate reason to bash someone due to not having dealt with them personally - need to stay out of the drama.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:24 PM
i am so confused here. is the guy that started this thread Frank McCoy? and is Frank McCoy the same as powdercoatman?

~Andrew
Posted By: Stazi Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Princess Tong Po:
i am so confused here. is the guy that started this thread Frank McCoy? and is Frank McCoy the same as powdercoatman?

~Andrew

Andrew - chill out.

Mid Life Crisis IS Frank, and on Powdercoatman is Josh and from what I can tell he is a real douche.

I recommend you just stay out of this one, seeing as you can't even get your facts straight to start with - no offence.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:28 PM
Yes GheyZ is a reference to me!

Hey Frank, I have proof of how the struts arrived (one was broken) and have proof of how they were described to me (as being nealry new). So I can back up any and all claims I have made. Calling me a nut job and gay is just plain childish. And how am I the liar, afterall I got you fired from one job for the [censored] you pulled. I even have emails I've exchnaged with your current employer about your scams. Does the name Gail Ostrowski ring a bell? He works in the Office of Ethics and Business Conduct for your current employer. [censored], I'm not even the only person you've pulled this crap on, difference is I was just willing to do something about it. I don't play around, I get even.

Personally you can go [censored] yourself!

AND FOR THE MODS:
I cannot believe this dude (Frank McCoy aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer) is not banned.
You were supposed to be doing something about this guy, but I guess that was just a bunch of lies.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:29 PM
I never would have said anything but it's not like SleeperZ was the only one. A lot of people have had issue with Frank. A lot of ppl come and go and it should be known to newbies what some CEGers have done. I dunno if Frank thinks it's normal to take weeks and weeks to ship something but it's not cool. Maybe the issues got resolved but it seems not w/o a lot of conflict and threats. It's like he thinks ppl will send $ and forget about it. Get real.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by Princess Tong Po:

~Andrew

Andrew - chill out.

Mid Life Crisis IS Frank, and on Powdercoatman is Josh and from what I can tell he is a real douche.

I recommend you just stay out of this one, seeing as you can't even get your facts straight to start with - no offence.

oh i wasn't trying to get involved in anything at all. i just hate when drama starts and i can't figure out who is who. now that i know who everyone is, i shall sit back and watch quietly.

~Andrew
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:33 PM

That's because he bought them off of you. If it was the other away around he would off screwed you over like he's done to others.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, Frank, why was it that your house got reposessed anyways?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:37 PM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:

That's because he bought them off of you. If it was the other away around he would off screwed you over like he's done to others.

SleeperZ - I'm not telling you what to do - what I am trying to do is keep people from jumping on the bandwagon without being personally involved - if you have an issue with Frank, then that's your business and I wouldn't tell you how to conduct it - I'm purely trying to keep the flamebaiting from starting up, cos quite frankly I think ish like that is very annoying.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:43 PM
I hate Frank!
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:44 PM
Normally I agree that Flamebaiting = uncool. But if it brings more exposure to this [censored], I'm all for it.
If infact there is any truth to the threats to kids (which I highly doubt, afterall this guy lies for a living), I'm against that.
But frank shouldn't even be able to post in the first place. He should have been banned a long time ago.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:49 PM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:

Exactly, Stazi the ball was in your court not the other way around as all the complaints that are surfacing.

I only want to add that SleeperZ is probably one of the only generously helpful guys in the zetec performance forums as long as I've been here. He is always willing to answer any questions with the knowledge he has gained w/ the zetec. He is a good guy imo.

I DO NOT post an item for sale until it's packaged & ready to go to the shipper...I want to drop it off & be done w/ it.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 03:55 PM
isn't this the whole reason the sales rating thread was started?

Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 04:16 PM
â??D?©j?  vu all over again.â? The issue of this guyâ??s credibility and trustworthiness has been thoroughly hashed out in the past.

This guy is playing with CEG community as a whole with this post for whatever thrills he gets out of out. Sociopaths like this can be incredibly skillful and destructive with their lies. Half lies, half truth and the effort to sort it out is just not worth it.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 04:24 PM
I accurately described them as used, with aprox 40,000 miles on them.

Yes they were desribed as used, but in nearly new condition and working perfectly.

But they worked fine. He next said that one of them was "blown". No pics offered...no second opinion...just his word. When I shipped them, I had to compress all the struts to make them fit into the box, and they were all the same.

I did infact have pics, which I posted on CEG. You can see the pic here.
Oh, and if you compress the struts, should they stay compresesed by themselves? Of course not.

Bashing phone messages.

In a PM you sent to me you said you never got my phone message. And it was only 1 message to ensure it was active and the correct number.

But better yet...someone contact pudmunkie, and ask him about the wheels he just bought from me 3 weeks ago.

I traded PM's with him about how well it worked out. He wasn't pleased anout how you were jerking him around. Took what 3 weeks to ship. And in that time you completely ignored him.

Contact conner7, who'm I met this past Monday and bought his front bumper cover and some other bits.

The problem isn't with your buying, its with your taking of money.

Its not like I didn't send hime what he had purchased. He recieved the goods. They were just as described.

Actually NO, what I received was 3 moderately acceptable struts and 1 piece of crap. What I was told I was getting was a perfectly functioning set of 4. Did I expect new? Of course not. Did I expect 4 thta I could use? Yes.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 04:27 PM
This is why I do all of my selling through Ebay.

Not that it's perfect, but Ebay does offer a lot more protection and accountability for both buyer and seller, so we don't have to have these little forum squabbles.

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 05:31 PM
I didn't threaten your kids! I said I would find your daughter if in fact she did go to MSU and I would bring her into this!

I find it very ironic that you attempt to [censored] over college kids with a daughter in college.

And again you are a moron and borderline white trash! have a nice day!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Frank McCoy - 06/01/06 05:43 PM
have McGainer, Frank McCoy, SVTDood, MidLifeCrisis been simple name changes? or are these all seperate accounts? its kinda fishy that someone would be involved with so much controversy, actually be listed on scam artist warning websites, and then, to top it all off, have various aliases.....

just who is the real McCoy?!

and Stazi, i agree with you, to a point, but all the examples given, including "Frank's" own, were scenarious in which he was purchasing something. Frank's not being accused of bad payments but of poor shipping/sales practices. in fact, i wouldnt be suprised if he placed an ad somewhere to resell those Stazi breaks. which makes YOU an accessory stazi!

j/k
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Frank McCoy - 06/02/06 02:48 AM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
have McGainer, Frank McCoy, SVTDood, MidLifeCrisis been simple name changes? or are these all seperate accounts?

Different names and different accounts.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Frank McCoy - 06/02/06 04:24 AM
Ill toss my story into the mix and let peope derrive what they want form it.

I sent frank a few emails about a set of ATS complites, we agreed on 400 + 50 for shipping. He described these wheels as 100% perfect.

for a week and a half after getting the M.O he hadn't shipped the wheels yet. He said he was having trouble finding another box for the last wheel. Around this time I read a thread by SleeperZ and found out that Mid life crisis (the guy I was dealing with) was the same as mcgainer. I began to get worried that I was being scammed and got supper paranoid! Frank (midlife crisis) contacted me on a wednesday nearly two weeks after I sent the money order and told me not to pass judgement on him until I got my wheels.

The next thursday he produced 4 DHL tracking numbers which came up as valid numbers at 6pm. Friday morning at 11:40 am while I was working in the garage the DHL driver brought me 4 ATS complite wheels. Frank had shipped my wheels and they arrived in good conidition.

The only caveat is that one of the wheels has a flatspot on the outside from hitting a pothole, and one wheel was 100% brand new. The flatspot is only noticeable sometimes, but that defficiency and the brand new wheel was not communicated to me before I purchased the wheels.

I do not want to say anything else about Frank because I was not personally involved in his other transactions. All I can say is that from my perspective and my transaction with him, he did produce the goods, but his shipping time / ethics were not up to MY standards. I know when I ship items, I try to do it in a timley fashion and I keep my buyers informed!
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Frank McCoy - 07/18/06 10:47 PM
Just so everyone knows, it would seem as though Frank McCoy has again changed his screen name to Mod-deth.
© CEG Archives