Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pole120 Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/29/06 04:43 AM
Classifeds post for floor mats by "Frank McGov" seems fishy...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/29/06 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Pole120:

i should send him a paki package
Posted By: Airforce Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/29/06 03:35 PM
ask him where to send a money order too and get his address. If he says a PO box tell him you only send to resedential or buisness address. See where that goes.

Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/29/06 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Airforce:
ask him where to send a money order too and get his address. If he says a PO box tell him you only send to resedential or buisness address. See where that goes.

damn it, I knew this was a scam, I got one too he was going to buy my SVT wheels...
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/30/06 03:44 PM
Its a PA phone number... Last time I checked he didn't live in PA.

Posted By: Tourige Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/30/06 05:20 PM
my rule of thumb is this, dont buy antyhing from anyone unless they have like 250+ posts and is well known around here.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/30/06 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
my rule of thumb is this, dont buy antyhing from anyone unless they have like 250+ posts and is well known around here.

Even that can't be safe. Look at powdercoatingman.
Posted By: SVT3391 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/30/06 06:55 PM
Can any one fill me in?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/30/06 06:56 PM
powdercrookman... LOL
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/31/06 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Look at powdercoatingman.

Warned you all.....noone listened...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/31/06 02:31 PM

Hell, even Frank McCrook himself has a LOT of posts. He changes his screen name often enough that people just think he's some regular CEG'er that likes to changes his name, like a LOT of other CEG'ers do.

I've got an idea, how about everyone keeps their screen name, and when someone DOES decide to change their's, they have no reason to complain when people think they're suspicious!

Name changes are for the guilty.

Mark
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/31/06 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Name changes are for the gaseous.

fixt
Posted By: Tourige Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 05/31/06 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Hell, even Frank McCrook himself has a LOT of posts. He changes his screen name often enough that people just think he's some regular CEG'er that likes to changes his name, like a LOT of other CEG'ers do.

I've got an idea, how about everyone keeps their screen name, and when someone DOES decide to change their's, they have no reason to complain when people think they're suspicious!

Name changes are for the guilty.

Mark

Yea, i usually reference the names with some people on the board, like Rickson was gonna sell his Mirko to me and i didnt know who he was, so i asked stazi if he knew him, and he did. All the little things keep you safe.
Posted By: SVT3391 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 03:26 AM

You guys ...
I just picked up some good parts from him today. His last name is McGovern, and he lives in north Phily, PA. He has nothing to do with Frank McCoy. He is a merchanic at a Merc/Lincoln dealership. Very stand up type guy. I not only saw one but two Frank McGovern today. His dad also named Frank. Both very good guys.

He has a low miles 99 SVT for sale too. I believe it's only 53K miles. Looks sharp.
Posted By: svt490 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 04:01 AM
Frank is most definetly at it again. He won an auction of mine and sent me an email about how he was going to send me some money and come pick them up in july. I told him no deal and he wont reply back. Im going to report him to ebay
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 04:17 AM

Yea, i usually reference the names with some people on the board, like Rickson was gonna sell his Mirko to me and i didnt know who he was, so i asked stazi if he knew him, and he did. All the little things keep you safe.

yep, that's exactly what i did when i first made a purchase here from someone i didnt know. everything worked out great.

yeah, the powdercoatmoron was just plain bad. and there have been a few others too if im not mistaken. if i was going to send anything to him for powdercoating, i would have waited to see what many people's experiences were. didnt some people actually (in the beginning) have good work done? it can be tricky... then again, why would i send car parts all the way across the friggin country to be powdercoated when there's a powdercoating shop every few feet out here i dunno about Smalltown, USA....but are powdercoating shops that scarce?
Posted By: rouar Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 04:37 AM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
then again, why would i send car parts all the way across the friggin country to be powdercoated when there's a powdercoating shop every few feet out here

He was offering at a severely discounted rate, and claimed to be the friend of a CEGer IIRC.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Rouar:
then again, why would i send car parts all the way across the friggin country to be powdercoated when there's a powdercoating shop every few feet out here

He was offering at a severely discounted rate, and claimed to be the friend of a CEGer IIRC.

Not sure who he claimed, but I met him in Atlanta for a meet. "Was" a real nice down to earth guy, smart as hell. He had loads of repsect for almost anything, hell, I fixxed his broken shifter linkage and removed a seized oil plug from his car in a driveway at the meet in the 100 degree Atlanta sun, just after personally knowing him for 3 hours. And he still has my parts after over a year.

Side note: Frank has purchased a few items fromme WAY in the past, never had issues.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 05:46 PM
Originally posted by CoupeofG6:

Not sure who he claimed, but I met him in Atlanta for a meet. "Was" a real nice down to earth guy, smart as hell. He had loads of repsect for almost anything, hell, I fixxed his broken shifter linkage and removed a seized oil plug from his car in a driveway at the meet in the 100 degree Atlanta sun, just after personally knowing him for 3 hours. And he still has my parts after over a year.

Side note: Frank has purchased a few items fromme WAY in the past, never had issues.

Awesome one habitual liar saying another liar is a stand-up guy! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SVT3391:

You guys ...
I just picked up some good parts from him today. His last name is McGovern, and he lives in north Phily, PA. He has nothing to do with Frank McCoy. He is a merchanic at a Merc/Lincoln dealership. Very stand up type guy. I not only saw one but two Frank McGovern today. His dad also named Frank. Both very good guys.

He has a low miles 99 SVT for sale too. I believe it's only 53K miles. Looks sharp.

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/04/06 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Awesome one habitual liar saying another liar is a stand-up guy! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!

lmfao!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/05/06 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

lmfao!

Jason you totally deserved that post! Funniest damn thing I have read on this site!
Posted By: rouar Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/05/06 04:24 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:

Jason you totally deserved that post! Funniest damn thing I have read on this site!

Who's Jason?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Frank McCoy at it again? - 06/05/06 01:43 PM
Guy who made that post.
© CEG Archives