Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Do you remember your first mod that got you started? When I first got my tour and joined the boards there wasn't much out there yet for our cars.

The first thing I did was the dual exhaust mod for my se. I got the exhaust hanger for the pasenger side and two dynomax mufflers put on, I went cheap 1st to see how it would come out, later on I put the svt kit on and then went for a better set up. Now I have the stainless sho y, magnaflow high flo cat, magnaflow res and mufflers with borla tips.

so post your first ever mod!!!
if you look at my registry I list everything I have done in order ...

so first up was the fog lamp mod, then I followed that with a DMD and the Steeda short shifter, been down hill since then
mystique instrument cluster
Originally posted by BrApple:
if you look at my registry I list everything I have done in order ...

so first up was the fog lamp mod, then I followed that with a DMD and the Steeda short shifter, been down hill since then

Ya know I haven't done that mod yet .I'll have to get of my ars and do it. It's pretty cool thinking back to what started the mod bug .
Either gutter gaurd or the fog light mod
I'm pretty sure Mike's first mod was also the foglight mod.
Either that or it was the KKM intake (which has since been replaced).

First mod on the GL was Mike's old SVT rims.
First mod on my Cougar was clear side markers with amber bulbs instead of the stock amber side markers.
My SE: Clear Corners thanks to P.R.T.
My SVT: Pre-98 Sails thanks to P.R.T.
BAT european Handling kit. I think I was backward, cuz the K&N was my most recent mod, LOL.
Replacing the stock resonator with a bigger one (since replaced); the cupholder upgrade; and a drop-in K&N (since replaced).
Spoiler.
SHO Shop CAI.....worst decision ever!
The previous owner had SVT badges over the sidemarkers and a Mondeo badge on the back, I took them all off the car.
Next came new wheels/tires for summer.
radio/speakers if thats really a mod lol

but other then that i think my koni kit w/ camber kit and upgraded camber plates was the first REAL mod.

On my first SVT Contour - KKM Intake
On my second SVT Contour - SVT Focus Wheels follwed by Eibach Springs & SPAX Struts.
for mods was tinting the window and putting my HD/amp bypass.
first performance mods was the intake setup
first mod on the SE was the foglight mod.

First mod on the SVT was ru-1785 short ram, been downhill ever since..
KKM intake was my first. Then knauberizing.
Removal of the silencer cone.
First mod on the SE:

Debadged

Forst mod on the SVT:

Gutting the car and re-builing it 30 miles after buying it
First mod on Contour 1: Superchip
Second mod: TH fix

First mod on the Mystique: ST200 wheels & tires from first car. Followed same day with intake.

First mod on the Zetec 'Tour: Power antenna.
Second mod: Header.
Posted By: TGO Re: what was the first mod you did to your car.. - 05/23/06 09:07 PM
i dunno...either knauberize, or the fog light mod...wait, actually no it was replace the HU and door speakers since i was having problems with the stock one.
My '95 it was to add foglights
The 'stique was a drop-in K&N air filter
The SVT was the fog's on with remote entry mod.
First mod was CD player/speakers/subwoofer...but that doesn't really count.

First unique mod that i can remember was the aluminum gutter guard grille a long time ago...
KKM intake
my first mod was painting stuff...but that doesnt count. so my real first mod optimized throttle body.
DMD
well, when I bought it there was an extra set of aftermarket rims so I didn't need that. Soooooo, I thought it would need a little more areodynamics to the hood and more deer fur. So hit hit a deer at 70 mph. After that major mod it was a SVT exhaust and a intake (same type that Lance has)
I saw a B&M short shifter for sale really cheap at a local speed shop. I swore this would be the only mod. It was quickly followed by a KKM intake that I found on the CEG classifieds.
Head unit, 2 days after getting it. I wished I had joined CEG when I got the car; I waited a year before joining. (got the car 6/03)
When I first got the car home from the 250 mile drive it took from the dealer, it was a debadging and knauberization.

Later, on with the cone air filter... and 11 other intake setups I had. and exhaust (true Catback)
Hmmm ... first mods - It's been a while since I've thought about it .

On my '95 , I'd have to say the first mods were a front-end bra & Ford Motorsport splashguards , then maybe the KKM intake , debadging & SVT exhaust shortly thereafter .

As for the SVT , on day 2 , the car got the Highs-in-Lows mod , A6 side repeaters and the DRL install . Then very shortly after , it got Gen.1 sail panels , a modified exhaust , an SVT KKM setup & some Mondy-bits . More mods came later .
First mod on my Tour was Tinted windows. The car only had 500 miles on it. My second mod was new rims and tires. The car only had 650 miles on it when I did those mods.

Drop-in K&N about 1 week after I bought my car (seven years ago this past Mother's day ). Since then mods have been few until recently when I have done: Koni Kit, 17" wheels/tires, SFCs, modified Y-pipe, B&M, Stazi mesh. I definately have the itch to do some more.
My first mods...Debadging, gutter gaurd grill, painted oval, rear chrome strip, and sail panels. I was very happy with the way those painted pieces made the car look. Time to refinish them and put in that elky mesh soon!
Cross drilled sloted rotors and green stuff brake pads
i think my first mod was tint.
then the vent visors.
first mod was a CAI
SVT exhaust, KKM, fog light mod and upgrade cupholder in that order.
either a set of 18z or shmo shop cai. cant remember
i think it was the rims..
Mod

1st. Short throw shifter.
TruBendz exhaust. Besides the Koni kit it has been my favorite mod.
I'm actually unsure if it was having my rear reflector painted body color or it was changing my sail panels to pre-98's.

I'm pretty sure I was the first to paint my rear-reflector. Had it done in Summer of 2000.
To my blue '99 Zetec, I don't remember. To my '00 Duratec, Knaberized and 'fixed' the grill.

Only a week old (to me)

Knauberized
prolly fog light mod, then ru3530 intake then tint, then BAT, B&M then Spec Clutch, Hella fogs, then newly painted bumper, HIDs, CF-Hood, Mirko off the GB, Rims, Tires, Projector headlights, projector fogs..

Originally posted by Stinky Brown Paki!:
prolly fog light mod, then ru3530 intake then tint, then BAT, B&M then Spec Clutch, Hella fogs, then newly painted bumper, HIDs, CF-Hood, Mirko off the GB, Rims, Tires, Projector headlights, projector fogs..

whats nex projector brake lights?
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:

Projector reverse lights!

My first mod - wheels....And it was all downhill from there.
Removed the POS resonator.
Originally posted by GT-Slow Pete:

Projector reverse lights!

haha naw actually next will be projector morettes, this time usuing a stanley (TSX/S2000) projector
Knauberized

Word.
© CEG Archives