Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Outage! - 05/19/06 06:52 PM
All,
Not sure what caused the outage. Lots of services on the system were acting up. A reboot seems to have fixed it.

-Andy
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 07:02 PM
Since Yesterday I noticed that the site was moving very slow or not responding at all sometimes.
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 07:04 PM
i was wondering what was going on...

glad its better now.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 07:13 PM
It's still misbehaving.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 07:23 PM
Working good for me now
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
It's still misbehaving.

What's wrong Jim?

Don't be surprised if it's slow as the DB is getting larger and our mid day usage is about on par with the performance of the box we have.

-Andy
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 08:09 PM
It's still uber slow to load pages...if at all

every now & then it'll load normal & then when I try again it's poopin out...it took me a while to post this

ok...the reply page came up...clicked preview post (happened pretty quick)...clicked "continue" to post(slooooow)

The main page will come up fast, if I hit my "back" button the last page will come up fast, but if I try to get into the individual threads, it's slooooow
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
if I hit my "back" button the last page will come up fast, but if I try to get into the individual threads, it's slooooow

I'm pretty sure hitting back loads the page from your hard drive cache, hence the speed.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 11:00 PM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:

The main page will come up fast, if I hit my "back" button the last page will come up fast, but if I try to get into the individual threads, it's slooooow

same problem I'm having.

Also trying to sign-in and access PM's is very very slow
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Outage! - 05/19/06 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Working good for me now

I posted this, but then realized it's not working right. Posts are sometimes slow as well as accesing some threads.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 01:00 AM
Still having problems. Time to try another reboot? I just posted a new topic in Pics, and it posted SIX times!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 01:03 AM
Still having problems. Time to try another reboot? I just posted a new topic in Pics, and it posted SEVEN times!
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Originally posted by Big Jim:
It's still misbehaving.

What's wrong Jim?

Don't be surprised if it's slow as the DB is getting larger and our mid day usage is about on par with the performance of the box we have.

-Andy

It is very slow. It is especially slow to complete a post.
Posted By: rouar Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 06:52 AM
I'm having problems with slowness as well. Sometimes extremely quick, sometimes slower than dialup to open a page. Happens with anything: viewing forums, viewing topics, making posts, etc.

At least it's better than the mad SQL errors earlier today, but it's the same as it was for the past two days for me.
Posted By: Mustang Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 07:14 AM
Probably a bad router. I was having connection issues with a few other sites as well.
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 08:18 PM
Still issues today... restart corrected it, but I have no confidence about it staying up.

I think we're hitting a mysql database limit with our configuration.

-Lance
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 08:26 PM
Lance, what needs to be done to correct the problem? If we need to start a money collection to fix or update our site I'm in.
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 08:42 PM
I just did some mysqld tuning... the database server config was stock. That's definitely not what we wanted. Hopefully that should solve it.

-Lance
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 08:51 PM
Finally it's back up. I just got back on here after a few hours, I tried getting on and gave up. At first when I got on it was real slow and its ubber fast now.
Posted By: rouar Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
I just did some mysqld tuning... the database server config was stock. That's definitely not what we wanted. Hopefully that should solve it.

Yup, definitely. It's nice and fast again.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/20/06 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Rouar:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:

Yup, definitely. It's nice and fast again.

Yeah, I was having problems with it being incredibly slow over the last week or so, or something not even loading. Now it is lightening fast!!!
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: Outage! - 05/21/06 02:43 AM
Well, the tuning helped.

But, the real problem is that someone was abusing the mail server on the box. It looks like some spammer figured out how to use it as a relay even though it isn't configured that way. It might be an exploit. I'm still trying to figure it out, but there were literally hundreds of inbound mail connections during the problem times. I have sendmail turned off until I figure it out.

-Lance
Posted By: Tisby Outage! ...again? - 05/26/06 04:31 PM
Is it slowing down again, or is it just me?
© CEG Archives