Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: KnighterSE Best Year - 04/26/06 12:31 AM
Hey all...i was out cruising around and saw a couple of contiques. I am curious now, what the general consensus is for the best years of contiques and the pros and cons. I've only ever owned a 96GL and a 95Se. I'd like to see which year comes out on top.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 12:39 AM
95 SE is the best in terms of fit and finish and quality.

99 is the best SVT year
Posted By: MLuko Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 12:41 AM
98 SVT didnt have to worry about dash warp and had a dash clock..
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

yea well... your calipers are the SE brakes..
Posted By: KnighterSE Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:
95 SE is the best in terms of fit and finish and quality.

my thoughts excatly...but i'm bias ...and have never been in an SVT. I was happy with my zetec untill i drove in mb41's (mark's) 95se 5 speed...thats what got me into mine.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 12:59 AM

Personally id rather have SE brakes, then have to see a nasty ass warping dash... how embarising.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 01:30 AM
well i had a 95 se and upgraded to my 99 svt...would much rather have my 95 back. it was a better car and it was actually faster then my svt

Wesley
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 01:54 AM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:
well i had a 95 se and upgraded to my 99 svt...would much rather have my 95 back. it was a better car and it was actually faster then my svt

Wesley

I own both Fastdad. The '95 SE MTX is my dd, I really enjoy driving it, and I think in many ways it is a better car. HOWEVER ... there is no f'n way it is quicker than either of the two SVT's I've owned, not even close.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 02:31 AM

...your wrong the 98.5-00 had the smaller se calip. the early svt had the larger caliper....
and the 96 is the best year,no chrome bumper pieces,imrc instead of a vac. operated secondaries

99-00 svt contours suck,soooooooooo decontented,dash warp,small calp,
Posted By: elraido Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 02:39 AM
yeah, 95's have vac operated irmc's....means we don't need to change broken ones like 3 times a year. I like the chrome on mine...you can always see a 95 in a crowd because of it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 02:42 AM
As far as regular contours... 95 SE - rod shifter

SVTs ... probably early 99 ... little extra power, return fuel system though early 98s with horizontal lcas (cost more, but are better design), the calipers (not really a big deal), less decontented
Posted By: elraido Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 02:43 AM
why did they go from a rod shifter to a cable one?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 03:09 AM
96 SE baby

all the features, none of the gremlins
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 03:35 AM
Originally posted by elraido:
why did they go from a rod shifter to a cable one?

Cuz ford is stupid
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 03:51 AM
Originally posted by troll96se:
99-00 svt contours suck,soooooooooo decontented,dash warp,small calp,

Darn, I got my dash fixed for FREE, I don't have an ugly ass clock, and I have SLIGHTLY smaller calipers. I should have bought one of the 98's with the narrower, less sporty tires, non-revised piston rings, and I believe non-revised shift forks. Which ones sound more important?

Mark
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:02 AM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
96 SE baby

You better believe it. Who needs an SVT anyways?

Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Marky:

Wesley

I own both Fastdad. The '95 SE MTX is my dd, I really enjoy driving it, and I think in many ways it is a better car. HOWEVER ... there is no f'n way it is quicker than either of the two SVT's I've owned, not even close.

i seriouslt think my old 95 was possesed cuz it wasnt "faster" but in a "race" my svt could not pull on it one bit...dead heat. dont beleve me pm NVS SVT he will tell you...

Wesley
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Marky:

Wesley

i seriouslt think my old 95 was possesed cuz it wasnt "faster" but in a "race" my svt could not pull on it one bit...dead heat. dont beleve me pm NVS SVT he will tell you...

Wesley

My SE was in dead heat with local SVTs. Before the 3L...now it's like not fair.
Posted By: elraido Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:45 AM
thought of another reason for a 95. no 3rd gear grind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:47 AM
98.5 svt, t-red with midnight blue
Posted By: m!key Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:57 AM
95 SE
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:
96 SE baby

You better believe it.

I agree to this point, I had me 96 SE and that thing only gave me one problem which was the water pump. Unlike the 99 SVT which had the clutch replaced before I bought it, 3rd gear synchro's are going out, broken upper tranny mount (twice) imrc went out, and no matter how much stuff I replace I cannot get the damn CEL to go out. Don't get me wrong thou I love my 99 SVT but my 96 SE was the first love.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 05:28 AM
I'll chime in here and give a vote for the 98.0 SE. No dash warp, not completely decontented, and I like the 98+ front end better than the pre 98.
Posted By: rouar Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 05:50 AM
Best year? Hard to say. I have two:

96 SE - same reasons as rkneeshaw! (I love his car too!)
E0 SVT - I think I've mentioned enough on here how much I want one. Dash warp / lack thereof, clock, and the rims are a few reasons.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 06:35 AM
Originally posted by m!key:
95 SE

Yea, i agree. I mean, if you've ever sat in a 95 SE's seats. OMG they are AMAZING, They are the best seats ive ever sat in, better than AMG or SVT or STI, nothing beats them, ive sat in race seats that are worse than those seats.

Also, you have all the little things, the light under the hood, light in the glovebox, the glovebox handle thingy, Lights on the outside door locks, Lights on the inside door handels, Pre-98 Center Console and Interior , The best non-SVT suspension that came with the car. The Car is a blast, if i could take the engine and looks from the SVT and drop them in a 95, the car would be AMAZING.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 06:54 AM
'97 Mystique owns you.
Posted By: Augi Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 07:08 AM
I don't know really what is better, the '96 GL is nice ( I wish I had an SE) quiet on the interstate at even 90 mph, before the muffler. I like the body and suspension of the SVT, I like the body of the pre-98, also the console... Kind of wish I had a post 97 console tho... I don't like the cupholders... anyone wanna trade? And I like the trunklids on the pre 98.The only reason I'd own an SVT is because of the name with what everyone is telling me about the speed and powerv though I'd rather own an SE.
Posted By: KnighterSE Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 08:47 AM
did the 96 SE have the same seat bolsters? I guess if it had a lot of the same ideas as the 95 it would be an amazing year as well, not to mention much easier with the 3L upgrade. 95SE = OBD1
Posted By: 96_98_SE Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 11:08 AM
I prefer my 96SE over my wife's 98.5 SE. The earlier fit-and-finish is very noticeable. The leather seats in my 96SE are awesome -- big side bolsters!

I even like the earlier SE trunk lip spoiler over the later elevated spoilers.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 11:37 AM
I like my SE, but I also like the options the SVT has (dash clock, better window switches imo)
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 11:46 AM
96 SE baby

+1

I'd love to have a 96 SE.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 01:09 PM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
I'll chime in here and give a vote for the 98.0 SE. No dash warp, not completely decontented, and I like the 98+ front end better than the pre 98.

I'm with you. 98 LX V6, no dash problem, 4 wheel disc brakes, and I WAYYYYY prefer the 98+ looks, especially front end!

I did own a 98 Sport (Zetec) for a short while, and the only thing I miss from that car is the driver's seat.
Posted By: jtour Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 01:35 PM
I got you all beat 99 LX contour 4 cylinder!

just playing!
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 01:50 PM
Originally posted by dpa43:
96 SE baby

You better believe it.

I agree to this point, I had me 96 SE and that thing only gave me one problem which was the water pump. Unlike the 99 SVT which had the clutch replaced before I bought it, 3rd gear synchro's are going out, broken upper tranny mount (twice) imrc went out, and no matter how much stuff I replace I cannot get the damn CEL to go out. Don't get me wrong thou I love my 99 SVT but my 96 SE was the first love.

The 97 SE is as nice as the 96, and as far as I can tell, the only feature that they decontented from 96->97 was the remote fuel release, which always stuck on my 95. I did put E1 rims on my 97, though, and I'll be putting an SVT exhaust on it soon.
Posted By: spgoode_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 02:13 PM
Originally posted by elraido:
yeah, 95's have vac operated irmc's....means we don't need to change broken ones like 3 times a year. I like the chrome on mine...you can always see a 95 in a crowd because of it.

I like the chrome stripe too, especially on my dark blue car.
I like my car so much I'm going to be depressed when it becomes impractical to keep it. I used to think my next car would be a Mazda6, but my 11 year-old car is way more tossable and has better steering feel than my wife's Mazda6 wagon. Maybe the lighter sedan is better.
Posted By: KyleH Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
96 SE baby

You better believe it.

The 97 SE is as nice as the 96, and as far as I can tell, the only feature that they decontented from 96->97 was the remote fuel release, which always stuck on my 95. I did put E1 rims on my 97, though, and I'll be putting an SVT exhaust on it soon.

97's also didn't have as large seat bolstering as the 95/96's. There's a lot more that was de-contented in the '97 model year, go look at the FAQ's on the main site.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 03:31 PM
Originally posted by KyleH:

97's also didn't have as large seat bolstering as the 95/96's. There's a lot more that was de-contented in the '97 model year, go look at the FAQ's on the main site.

T/C & heated mirrors, seat bolsters, fuel release...that's it. But I got tilt steering!
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:41 PM

T/C & heated mirrors, seat bolsters, fuel release...that's it. But I got tilt steering!

I'm biased toward the 96 SE. Electronic IMRC control, OBDII, rod shifter, improved rear seat room (over the 95), locking fuel filler door (more important now that gas is going up again), ABS/TC, better looking w/o the 'bright metal' on the bumpers (IMHO), better build quality than the 98+ cars (No dash warp, etc.), best looking (IMHO) stock 15" wheels (easy to change, though), etc.

Tilt steering is the glaring omission, here.

I also wouldn't mind the 25-30 extra ponies of the SVT.
Posted By: rouar Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
I like my SE, but I also like the options the SVT has (dash clock, better window switches imo)

That was for the 98 year only, and all 98 Contours had them. I forgot about the window switches, my SE had the raised ones as well and I loved them.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 05:34 PM
95 SE had the most Gadgets and "features" to bad it is OBD-I
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 06:51 PM
I am biased to the ones I own. I agree that the 96 SE is better than the 95, because of not having the fugly chrome strip. And the 98.5-00 SVT's got an extra 5 ponies. I'd rather have that than a clock. Although I do like the 98 door-ding guards better.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 10:54 PM
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
And the 98.5-00 SVT's got an extra 5 ponies.

99 and 00 had 5 extra, 98.5 did not
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 11:02 PM
how about my 98 built in 96? eh
Posted By: ChiliSVT Re: Best Year - 04/26/06 11:54 PM
DEEP DOWN EVERYONE WANTS A SVT!! don't lie.. you know it's true.... 99 all the way.

Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 12:08 AM
Originally posted by ChiliSVT:
DEEP DOWN EVERYONE WANTS A SVT!! don't lie.. you know it's true.... 99 all the way.

absolutely!

99 SVT is the best SVT, but to make it better i'd add dash clock and pre-98 console... those two things combined with the 99 svt would be perfect.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 01:08 AM
i'd only take a 99 if it had the e0 wheels...i cant stand the e1's
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Knighter:
did the 96 SE have the same seat bolsters? I guess if it had a lot of the same ideas as the 95 it would be an amazing year as well, not to mention much easier with the 3L upgrade. 95SE = OBD1

Yup, same seat bolsters. And precisely, easier 3L upgrade because of OBDII
Posted By: HenryVIIIIAM Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 03:16 AM
Easy - the '96 - back when an SE was really an SE. Lacks the tacky chrome strip of the '95. Has the t/c which was deleted for '97. Better exterior styling and more supportive seats than the 2nd generation Contours. More reliable and requires less maintenance upkeep and repair than an SVT.
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 04:45 AM
Originally posted by HenryVIIIIAM:
Easy - the '96 - back when an SE was really an SE. Lacks the tacky chrome strip of the '95. Has the t/c which was deleted for '97. Better exterior styling and more supportive seats than the 2nd generation Contours. More reliable and requires less maintenance upkeep and repair than an SVT.

How is it any more reliable than an SVT? I own both, and I can tell you my 96 SE required/still requires a lot more maintenance than my SVT.

-And the E1 wheels are waaay better than the EO's.
Posted By: rouar Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 05:50 AM
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
-And the E1 wheels are waaay better than the EO's.

Depends on personal opinion. I for one hate them. (and I dislike silver SVTs too )
Posted By: Reebs Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 06:19 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
96 SE baby

+1

I'd love to have a 96 SE.

Really?!?! I feel a trade in my near future!
Posted By: KnighterSE Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 06:08 PM
so i guess the crowd is leaning twords the early se. I was kinda figuring that from what i've read in this site. So i'm guessing that if the early 95's didn't have the chrome strip, and was fully loaded with OBDII that woul've been the best year? Which would basicly make it a 96 se without the light package. (and minus the cable speedo...thats my pet peve)
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Knighter:
so i guess the crowd is leaning twords the early se. I was kinda figuring that from what i've read in this site. So i'm guessing that if the early 95's didn't have the chrome strip, and was fully loaded with OBDII that woul've been the best year? Which would basicly make it a 96 se without the light package. (and minus the cable speedo...thats my pet peve)

And the seats. Gotta have the front and rear seats from a 96+ to get the improved legroom.

Oh, and if you got the tilt-steering from a 97, and then an SVT engine...
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 10:46 PM
Basically this is what you want: 95 SE, SVT powertrain and Suspension and crap, Different PCM and all new wiring from an SVT. SVT Exterior Looks. Non-Cable Driven Speedo, some other misc things like TC and Tilt Steering. Then you have the Ultimate Contour.
Posted By: KyleH Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 10:54 PM
Doesn't the 95 SE have a better suspension than the SVT?
Posted By: KnighterSE Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 11:29 PM
Basically this is what you want: 95 SE, SVT powertrain and Suspension and crap, Different PCM and all new wiring from an SVT. SVT Exterior Looks. Non-Cable Driven Speedo, some other misc things like TC and Tilt Steering. Then you have the Ultimate Contour.

That would be quite the project!

Are we talking pre98 front end as well?
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:

absolutely!

99 SVT is the best SVT, but to make it better i'd add dash clock and pre-98 console... those two things combined with the 99 svt would be perfect.

Don't forget to color match the headliner, sunroof motor cover and oh-sh!t handles plus 1 on the drivers side. Now mine is just perfect.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Best Year - 04/27/06 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:

absolutely!

Don't forget to color match the headliner, sunroof motor cover and oh-sh!t handles plus 1 on the drivers side. Now mine is just perfect.

Yeah, that plus the mismatched carpet. 98 ownz joo
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 01:22 AM

So like, take a 96 and add the light package, and you've saved yourself like half those steps
Posted By: G Stone Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Bicycle commuter :

I'm with you. 98 LX V6, no dash problem, 4 wheel disc brakes, and I WAYYYYY prefer the 98+ looks, especially front end!

I did own a 98 Sport (Zetec) for a short while, and the only thing I miss from that car is the driver's seat.

I have to STRONGLY disagree with you two. I think the 95 body looks 100 times better than the 98+'s. It looks more sharp, the body flows better, etc. The 98's got that ugly crease in the back bumper and the front doesn't look as good (could be cause I love the chrome strip). Thats just me though. I got the 4 wheel disc brakes as well. I also have power locks and windows but thats where the options stop on my luzury sedan.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 05:13 PM

So like, take a 96 and add the light package, and you've saved yourself like half those steps

What's in the "light package?" I can't think what else I'd light up in my car. I've got lights at my feet, flood and map lights on the ceiling, and lights in the door handles.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 05:18 PM
Doesn't the 95 SE have a better suspension than the SVT?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the early LCAs are definitely a superior design.

However, as far as tuning and balance goes, the SVT performs a little better. The early SE front springs and swaybar are stiffer than the ones on the SVT, but that's only because for the SVT, they softened the front end a bit to reduce understeer. I'm not sure how the struts compare. Probably similar overall, but some have said the SVT struts are actually firmer than the early SE struts.

A few early SVTs had the early-type LCAs.
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 05:26 PM
I do love the way my 96 SE handles. But I definately wouldn't say it handles better than my SVT.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 05:29 PM
Originally posted by RogerB:

I think all of 1998 models is more than a few?
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 05:42 PM
The 95SE has a bigger swaybar than the SVT dosent it? Or the same on. Also i think the springs are Comparable to the SVT. The SVT just seems lighter to me than my old 95 was, something about how stiff the car was made it feel heavy.

Even the gas was heavy on that car, someone has to know what im talking about on this one, the gas pedal is just NUTS, so much resistance, i LOVE it.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:19 PM
The 95SE has a bigger swaybar than the SVT dosent it? Or the same on. Also i think the springs are Comparable to the SVT. The SVT just seems lighter to me than my old 95 was, something about how stiff the car was made it feel heavy.

Even the gas was heavy on that car, someone has to know what im talking about on this one, the gas pedal is just NUTS, so much resistance, i LOVE it.

Early SE front bar is 20mm like everyone else. SVT front is 19mm. Rears are identical.

Springs are as I've already described.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:21 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

I think all of 1998 models is more than a few?

Was it all of the 98s? I thought it was only the early production run, until the old LCAs got used up.

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:26 PM
I thought it was just early ones as well.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:33 PM
I thought it was only the early production run, until the old LCAs got used up.

Those are the 4-bolt, right?
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:36 PM

Yup.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:41 PM

Yup.

thought so. Isn't the rear sway-bar on the 95 larger than the one on the 98's? SE, not SVT.

I think my 98 would like an older sister, so I've started poking around looking for 96 V6 MTXs....hard to find.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:51 PM

Yup.

Well I'm almost positive my friends 98.5 SVT (Built May 98) has 4 bolt.

My car, which is a 98 (Built April 97) has the 4 bolt for sure.

Someone else can maybe confirm when Ford made the switch. As pricey as the 4 bolt LCA's are, everything I read on here says the 4 bolt is a superior design to the 2 bolt.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 06:58 PM

did it have TC? if it did the throttle cable runs around just about the whole outside of the endin compartment as the TC motor was behind the passanger head light, also if you want to keep a 95 moving you need to keep your foot on the gas ... it might have also been an issue with the throttle cable as there was a recall on it for sticking gas pedals
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 07:00 PM

What's in the "light package?" I can't think what else I'd light up in my car. I've got lights at my feet, flood and map lights on the ceiling, and lights in the door handles.

the light package included the door handle lights and the key lock lights, also I believe it included the glove box light too, it also included the window switches
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:

the light package included the door handle lights and the key lock lights, also I believe it included the glove box light too, it also included the window switches

I have all that, too, except for the keyhole lights. I think this has been discussed on here, before, and we figured out the only thing decontented in 96 was the keyhole light!
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 08:08 PM

Yup.

thought so. Isn't the rear sway-bar on the 95 larger than the one on the 98's? SE, not SVT.

I think my 98 would like an older sister, so I've started poking around looking for 96 V6 MTXs....hard to find.

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=specs
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Best Year - 04/28/06 08:27 PM

Yup.

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=specs

Man, it's been so long since I've browsed the regular site I didn't even think to look there! Thanks!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/29/06 12:48 AM

did it have TC? if it did the throttle cable runs around just about the whole outside of the endin compartment as the TC motor was behind the passanger head light, also if you want to keep a 95 moving you need to keep your foot on the gas ... it might have also been an issue with the throttle cable as there was a recall on it for sticking gas pedals

No, no TC for me, Just the gas is REALLY heavy, heavier than ANY car ive ever driven, its crazy.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 04/29/06 12:49 AM

Yup.

Yea im pretty sure the rear sway bar was equal or bigger than the SVT rear one (20mm or so)
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Best Year - 04/29/06 03:39 AM

I have all that, too, except for the keyhole lights. I think this has been discussed on here, before, and we figured out the only thing decontented in 96 was the keyhole light!

I beleive that is correct
Posted By: elraido Re: Best Year - 04/29/06 03:55 AM

i have a keyhole light?
Posted By: Augi Re: Best Year - 04/29/06 05:31 AM
I have a '96 and I have the keyhole lights... I also have the door handle lights, My back ones are out though....(Danol people slamming doors...
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Best Year - 04/29/06 05:07 PM

Y'all forgetting about the underhood light

My friend's 95 Contour GL with only ATX and power locks as an option had the door lock "halo" lights and an underhood light.

My 96 Contour GL with ATX, PW/PL, 15" aluminum rims, and possibly the "sport" package did not have either!
Posted By: KyleH Re: Best Year - 05/01/06 01:23 AM
96's came with the underhood light. Our Mystique had one.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Best Year - 05/01/06 02:01 AM

96 Contour LX did not. I have the light package but no underhood nor keyhole light.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Best Year - 05/01/06 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Tony2005:

96 Contour LX did not. I have the light package but no underhood nor keyhole light.

Maybe an SE exclusive item? Mine had one. No keyhole lights though, which I thought was a 95 exclusive item.
Posted By: Augi Re: Best Year - 05/01/06 04:48 AM

Maybe an SE exclusive item? Mine had one. No keyhole lights though, which I thought was a 95 exclusive item.

again, GL has all of the lights... didn't originally come with fogs tho
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Best Year - 05/01/06 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Y'all forgetting about the underhood light

Got it!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Best Year - 05/01/06 05:41 PM
Ealy 98's with better build quality and 95 & 96 SE's for all the features. See sig.
Posted By: spgoode_dup1 Re: Best Year - 05/01/06 09:32 PM

My '95 SE(made in September '95) doesn't have a keyhole light. However, with keyless entry I have never used the key to open the door.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Best Year - 05/02/06 04:11 AM

sounds pretty much what i did
--took a 96 se mtx,svt engine,stock tranny(better built than the cable shift)svt struts and springs,e0svt front brakes,front svt sway bar,complete midnight blue interior from the dash to the rear window tray,svt body kit,svt wheels,post98 front end conversion,svt trunklid(post98)
which meant that i kept the light package of the early se's too
take this

plus this

get this

man do i cry when i see these pics
Posted By: Tourige Re: Best Year - 05/02/06 04:25 AM
Thats amazing.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Best Year - 05/02/06 01:51 PM
Originally posted by troll96se:

WTF happened to that one?!?!
Posted By: rouar Re: Best Year - 05/02/06 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
WTF happened to that one?!?!

Used to be SVT's. Idiot that bought it after he got his Miata rolled it.
Link

Posted By: realslimshaver Re: Best Year - 05/11/06 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Rouar:

That was for the 98 year only, and all 98 Contours had them. I forgot about the window switches, my SE had the raised ones as well and I loved them.

what improvements were made to the power window switches?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Best Year - 05/11/06 01:37 AM
Originally posted by realslimshaver:
Originally posted by Rouar:

what improvements were made to the power window switches?

The buttons were raised up much higher. Alot easier to push. Nice and smooth. I hate the other years.

Wierd how only 98 had them.
Posted By: rouar Re: Best Year - 05/11/06 03:15 AM
Raised window switches

Much higer ane easier to push as CSVY said
© CEG Archives