Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kasey923 Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 07:50 PM
Ok, I'm NOT the seller on this car. Found it last night, and decided since I couldn't afford it, that I wanted a CEG'er to have it.
Located just north of Phily, PA. I'll let you read the details.

I called the dealership lst night before anyone had bid on it. The windshield sticker says 10,500 and the ebay reserve is 9,500.
PLEASE let this get picked up by a CEG'er.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-Ford-Contour-SVT-RARE-1of207-5-spd-super-low-miles_W0QQitemZ4630732247QQcategoryZ31832QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 08:01 PM
Both previous owners were over 50...and were into indiglos & trendy F&F pedal covers (granted they're momo's, but still).
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 08:20 PM
Those look like stock gauges to me. Wood shift knob. Has to be a 50 yr old. 0-60 7.6?! Try 6.9 bish!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 08:26 PM
$9500 Reserve? I'd hope it did 0-60 in 4.9 seconds to spend that much.

Mark
Posted By: Kasey923 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 08:38 PM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
Both previous owners were over 50...and were into indiglos & trendy F&F pedal covers (granted they're momo's, but still).

FWIW, the dealer rep I talked to on the phone was ready to read me a complete maintanence history...
I know that 9500 is a high reserve, seeing as how it was too high for me.
But... it also looks to be in immaculate condition, and it IS at a dealership, go figure
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Kasey923:

FWIW, the dealer rep I talked to on the phone was ready to read me a complete maintanence history...
I know that 9500 is a high reserve, seeing as how it was too high for me.
But... it also looks to be in immaculate condition, and it IS at a dealership, go figure

Doesn't matter if no one thinks it's worth that. $7k maybe.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 09:10 PM
the engine bay looks good though.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 09:31 PM
That thing looks pretty nice and tempting... A bit far, however! Ugh!

Greg
Posted By: weargle Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/13/06 11:43 PM
It has the original brake pads on it. Which means that I'd expect that the routine maintenance hasn't been performed or it was stupidly done at the dealer.
Posted By: Kasey923 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 12:01 AM
Originally posted by weargle:
It has the original brake pads on it. Which means that I'd expect that the routine maintenance hasn't been performed or it was stupidly done at the dealer.

We had a Dodge Intrepid with 63k miles on it when we traded, original brake pads...
Posted By: FavoriteMystaque Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 12:37 AM
Looked like NEW brake pads with a FoMoco logo? Brake pad life is about 30K miles. If I were to buy an SVT that one would be on my list .
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 12:48 AM
Originally posted by weargle:

Not necessarily... I had 48K on the original pads (and
still a little less than half left on the pads)when I
sold mine. I just didn't drive the car hard. All of my
maintenance was up-to-date and done on time.
Posted By: Bella Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 01:12 AM

That is, no doubt my PERFECT car...

Too bad I have no money
Posted By: 00 SVEET Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 01:42 AM
So, are you saying "both owners were over 50" is a bad thing? There might be more that age than you think around here....
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 02:08 AM
Oh man... If I had not just bought a 2000 SVT - I would right now own this one! Rotten timing.

I really should own TWO low mileage tropic green SVTs, one hot rodded to the max, the other dead stock.

I'm having incredible buyer's regret.

The hell with it, I'm going to buy the damn thing. I'll have my own SVT Contour car show going on here. Whole year's car hobby budget already exceeded by April - not the first time for me!

Just got to figure out how to hide it from the wife - "No Dearest, thats not two identical cars, its just a mirror I installed in the shop!"

I'm completely getting out of 60's Fords as a hobby anyway.

Posted By: Lou3 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 02:17 AM
Hi, everybody. This is my first post.

I'd love to upgrade from my '99 2.0L to that SVT. I live just outside of Philly and would go to the dealer and negotiate - if I was in a position to do so right now.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 02:34 AM
Its nice...but too much $$$$

Go onto Autotrader.com, and you'll find over 30 SVT's on there, and yes, some with almost as low mileage as that one. And actually...that one is on there too...
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 02:39 AM
Holy Crap, JIM!

DOWN BOY!

Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Ray:
Holy Crap, JIM!

DOWN BOY!

OK. The price is too high and I frankly hate to buy anything from a dealer. Still it would be tremendous fun to have two of these cars so completely similar in condition and appearance.

Show up at a car show in the turbo SVT to give a demonstration of zero to sixty abruptnesses - then switch it with the identical looking dead stock SVT with hood up. â??Yeah, Ford doesnâ??t make these anymore, dumped SVT altogetherâ?¦â?

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 03:08 AM
BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.. THAT would surprise a few people! LOL

Can you imagine the look on their faces when they see "2.5 Duratec" on the Cam cover, and a N/A engine in there? LOLOL!!!!

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 03:14 AM
Two identical looking svt's and show up with one at the races that is stock, get some bets, then put in trailer and come out with the turbo one.
Posted By: TBoomer Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 06:49 AM
That price is pretty damn high. I bought my 2000 SVT with 36k on the clock in January for $6800...I'd wait until nobody bought this on E-bay, then try to lowball them.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 12:17 PM
It's at Bethlehem Ford, about 5 miles from my house.
Anyone need me to go see it, drive it, get more pictures, etc., let me know and I'm there.

WTH, I'm going there right now to see what's up.

Bethlehem Ford usually isn't to bad to deal with when negotiating prices. I've had some first hand experience with them.

EDIT: If anyone from out of state decides to "go fo it" I can pick you up at Lehigh Valley International Airport.
Posted By: jtour Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TheFordGuy:
That thing looks pretty nice and tempting... A bit far, however! Ugh!

Greg

x2
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 02:52 PM
I'm back.

Here are some pictures:

Dirty tip and scrape:

Needs touch up under the pass. side mirror:

Driver's side seat:

Steering wheel:

Dash warp fix:

Front end, some chips:

There is a scratch on the passenger side front quarter panel, and door. Looks like it could be buffed out though, it's not deep. A few scuff marks here and there but again they prbably can be buffed out.
It has the typical scrapes on the bottom of the front bumper.
I have a few more pictures that I am uploading to an album so you can see them. I'll post the link when I'm done.

Posted By: ElKy Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 03:04 PM
super sleuth LUCA!!!
hehe
Posted By: Frosty Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 03:13 PM
Damn PA emissions stickers in the window. Mines got em too
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 04:52 PM
Here are a few more:
SVT at Bethlehem Ford

It's the fifth album down on the left.

I forgot, there is a small ding in the back door on the driver's side. I also tried to get a better picture of the scratch down the front quarter panel/door but the car was wet.

There may be more that I missed, it had been raining and with the car all wet it was hard to see some of the scratches, etc. If I get a chance tomorrow or Sunday I will run over again when it's dry.

Overall, it's not in bad shape but it could use some TLC on the exterior. The few scratches and scuffs could probably be compounded/buffed out. The tips are in dire need of cleaning as you can see from the pictures. I don't think I've ever seen tips in that bad of a condition.

The interior is pretty much spotless except for the mark on the steering wheel.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 04:56 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
the engine bay looks good though.

Silicone spray makes dookie sparkle.
Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/14/06 08:57 PM
Haha!

Overall pretty clean car. Thanks for checking it out for us Those little kinks here and there seem relatively minor. It even has one of those fancy mirrors!

Greg
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/15/06 12:05 AM
Once again , Christine is da queen & steps up .

Doesn't look all that bad , albeit a little bit road worn . Certainly not too terrible . WTF is up with that shift knob ??
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/15/06 01:22 AM
Funny, I didn't read the post the first few times I saw it. I figured it was just another SVT on Ebay. When I clicked the link this morning I recognized the building in the background and then saw the location.

I agree with you on the shift knob.

BTW, someone on the CEG needs to buy this SVT. I took my SVT out in the rain this morning to get those pictures. She was all clean and shiny.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/16/06 01:58 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
I took my SVT out in the rain this morning to get those pictures. She was all clean and shiny.

Took one for the team !
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/19/06 08:55 PM
Itâ??s sitting at $9,000 with an hour or so left. That price is demonstrably too high. I recently paid $8,300 for an original owner, near identical 99 SVT with only 28,000 miles. I truly think mine is in better shape in every way.

The current high bidder has 0 feedbacks. If that guy wins, I may call the dealership this weekend to see what happened. I have a cash price in mind, but the bidding is already way the hell over it.

Worthless post, I know.
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/19/06 09:22 PM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Itâ??s sitting at $9,000 with an hour or so left. That price is demonstrably too high. I recently paid $8,300 for an original owner, near identical 99 SVT with only 28,000 miles. I truly think mine is in better shape in every way.

The current high bidder has 0 feedbacks. If that guy wins, I may call the dealership this weekend to see what happened. I have a cash price in mind, but the bidding is already way the hell over it.

Worthless post, I know.

WHY do you want another SVT?

you have 2 already... and some of the lowest mileage i've seen.

i mean... they're awesome cars but 3? AND a LX?
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/19/06 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:

WHY do you want another SVT?

you have 2 already... and some of the lowest mileage i've seen.

i mean... they're awesome cars but 3? AND a LX?

Yeah, You do have a point - I don't need THAT many SVTs and would sell the black SVT eventually. I'm more interested in having two near identical tropic green/tan cars. Its real appealing to me to have one dead stock and one highly modified.

Rant on:
By the way, the body and mechanics of the black SVT are in good shape - but the interior was a real damn mess. I have it stripped to the sheet metal in my garage repairing the damage. IMHO, RobSVT, the guy I bought it from, should NEVER EVER work on his own cars. Thank god he did not imagine himself to be a mechanic.

What the hell was with the household electrical cord speaker wiring and gorilla glue all over the dash? Every damn interior access panel looks like it was pried off - with no attempt to remove the screws first! The car was just plain filthy when I picked it up, inside and out. The guy made ridiculously amateurish and random electrical â??mods." I had fuses blowing out on me on my way home when I tried to open the sunroof and later when I turned on the "radio."

Well, itâ??s starting to look good now. I've been using my green SVT for interior parts and panels and such to replace the damaged ones (same interior colors), which means I'll have to order new ones. I've replaced the aftermarket stereo and all the speakers, installed a CD changer. Iâ??ve removed the seats/carpets and pressure washed and scrubbed a dozen spilled cokes and fast food out of them. And on and on.

Too much work. I paid top dollar for an adult owned SVT, not some rotten teenager's project car. I have to leave Ebay feedback on this yet and am not sure what I'm going to say. From me, he had full payment in less than three days - which is about as good as it gets, but I may take the risk of a retaliatory negative to give an honest feedback on this guy.

I had to rush out there to pick it up because he told me in no uncertain terms that he was going to continue to use it for daily transportation in Baltimore until I did so! No kidding about that, said he didnâ??t have another car! He backed off when I made walking noises, but still...

Rant off:

I guess Iâ??m just angry because with even a little care the man could have avoided doing so damn much interior damage â??? he describes himself as an engineer. I can only hope he is not an electrical engineer!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/20/06 01:15 AM
Jed, if you do decide to call Bethlehem Ford ask for Anthony (Jayetileke). I spoke with him when I went to get the pictures. He's a nice guy.

Tell him that Christine with the Silver SVT spoke with him about the car (remind him that I was there to take pictures).

If you do decide to go for this one, if you need anything just let me know. I will be glad to help you in any way that I can.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/20/06 02:27 AM
LUCA, thank you!

It's hard to say what will happen here. The zero feedback ebayer may well pan out for them. If he bails (all to common), I'll make them a fair offer.

I wish I had not bought that black SVT. The NEXT owner will get the car as it should have been for me.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/20/06 04:04 AM
I hope it works out well for you JED. It would be awesome to have two identical cars.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/20/06 12:21 PM
Well , the CSVT sold for $9,000 . Personally , I'm glad as heck that it sold that high . It's what the CSVT's DESERVE to sell at , IMHO . I see too many of them being pizzed away needlessly . Bravo to Bethlehem Ford for selling a car for what it's really worth !
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/20/06 07:39 PM
Sorry Jed, I forgot to give you the phone number.
Dealership number: 610-867-8641 or 1-800-NEW-FORD.
Now you won't have to look it up.

It is kinda nice that it sold for that much.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/20/06 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
Sorry Jed, I forgot to give you the phone number.
Dealership number: 610-867-8641 or 1-800-NEW-FORD.
Now you won't have to look it up.

It is kinda nice that it sold for that much.

Ha ha ha! Ok LUCA. Thanks.

I'll call them this weekend, but it's almost certainly sold. My max was only $8,500 anyway and I notice that he had two other bidders that were over that - in addition to the zero feedback winner.

Its really not a big deal to me anyway. Now that I've fixed the wiring in my 2000 SVT, cleaned it up, and replaced the damaged interior pieces, I'm starting to like the car. I won't mind keeping it for a while until I find a lower mileage tropic green SVT.

Gives me something to keep checking Ebay for!

I'm going to find out if we can still order interior trim pieces from Ford. Otherwise I'll be placing some "parts wanted" ads of my own.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/20/06 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Well , the CSVT sold for $9,000 . Personally , I'm glad as heck that it sold that high . It's what the CSVT's DESERVE to sell at , IMHO . I see too many of them being pizzed away needlessly . Bravo to Bethlehem Ford for selling a car for what it's really worth !

Or do you blast the buyer for overpaying?
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Contour SVT for sale - 04/21/06 01:07 AM
No blasting needed - I'm happy it sold that high . The buyer paid what it was really worth (IMHO , of course ) .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 05/03/06 11:22 PM
Just thought I'd give you all an update on this SVT.
I went to Bethlehem Ford today for a part and asked the salesperson about the car. I asked if the guy took posession of the SVT, he did. He was from Alabama. Apparently he had it for a week and rolled it.
Thankfully, no injuries were reported.

Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Contour SVT for sale - 05/04/06 01:42 AM
oh wow... how terrible! that was such low mileage too...
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Contour SVT for sale - 05/04/06 03:35 AM
Some people shouldn't be allowed to own cars....or reproduce for that matter. I wonder what percentage of people shouldn't be allowed both?
© CEG Archives