Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 05:19 AM
I thought I posted this yesterday as I was running out the door to catch an airplane.

This article was on the email update from Auto News yesterday.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060322/REG/60322006/1003&refsect=

Posted By: TheFordGuy Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 05:26 AM
Read that over on another forum. Seems a bit iffy still. I would wait for an official release

Greg
Posted By: m!key Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Is SVT RIP?

sorry you had to hear it from a magazine, but, yeah svt is dead. they are combining it with ford racing or some crap. PM worldtour about it.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 05:37 AM
Posted By: 111R Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 07:00 AM
Originally posted by m!key:
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Is SVT RIP?

sorry you had to hear it from a magazine, but, yeah svt is dead. they are combining it with ford racing or some crap. PM worldtour about it.

damn i didn't know svt is dead either
Posted By: Tourige Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 07:12 AM
SVt is dead, ford decided to lose a HUGE fanbase, pretty much everyone ive known who has bought an SVT, has bought another, and said they would buy another..

Ford North America=Run by idiots.
Posted By: 111R Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Ford North America=Run by idiots.

AGREED!

JUST PLEASEEEE... if someone at ford would read this... JUST PLEASEEEE bring over the NEW FOCUS ST that i can buy in england right now! do something right for a change and get me something i acutally want!

-signed a dude who probably will never buy a ford product again
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 12:07 PM
Do you guys think they will still send me the Owners Certificate w/ the build number, or did I wait too long?
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 12:51 PM
You can still get it - call 1.800.FORD.SVT and have your VIN# handy .
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 111R:
JUST PLEASEEEE... if someone at ford would read this... JUST PLEASEEEE bring over the NEW FOCUS ST that i can buy in england right now! do something right for a change and get me something i acutally want!

-signed a dude who probably will never buy a ford product again

But they did! Haven't you seen the US "ST" sedans?

What a joke! They probly heard all kinds of people begging for a "Focus ST." Some person with good intentions probly thought it would be a good idea and sent it up to get approved since it's what people want.

So then it got to someone who decided to scrap the importing idea and create another basic trim level of the current car and figured people are stupid and will buy it just because of the "ST" badge

Of course, that's just my take on it! Now if they could get the Focus RS over, that would be even sweeter!
::hint hint nudge nudge FORD::
it could compete directly with the regular WRX... maybe taking part of it's market away

But no, if they did bring it over, it would probly cost more than an STi... or worse, they would just throw the looks on without the 212hp/229lb-ft turbo 2.0L Duratec 4 banger...
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 03:14 PM
I don't think it would be so bad if Ford went back to "SHO" type labeling. They will still have a high performance division no matter what it's called. Even if it does remind people of nascar. Personally I'd like the FPV label brought over from Austrailia along with their pissed off Rear drive sedans (keep the el fordino). But really it's just badging. As long as Ford keeps making high performance variants of "fleet" cars than what's the big deal?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 03:59 PM
Repost. LOL!

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=interests&Number=1182380&Forum=interests&Words=legend&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=1182380&Search=true#Post1182380
Posted By: MaverickMachineworks Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 04:02 PM
The big deal is, for me anyway, that when I started noticing cool cars and reading magazines and whatnot, I druled over Cobras and Lightnings. I could only afford a Contour when I was in the market but whatever, I still love it. Anyway, to me they represented the pinacle of modern Ford performance, and now that I will be able to afford something new I want my SVT!
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/24/06 07:07 PM
Will be interesting to see what actually happens as regards Ford performance vehicles.

Personally I always thought, when I read the SVT Concept Labs pages, that they should release design kits based on the concepts. For example, when I read the V6 Focus which used the 2.5l svt motor ... the R&D they put into that goes to waste as there's no production ... now if they released even the design info, they could hugely increase the interest in SVT (thus Ford too). Consider our little Tours ... how long did it take for us to figure out porting the 3l across. If SVT, for instance, had tried and tested that, they could release the design info for $$'s, generate even greater interest, and possibly even supply an entire kit of 'all you need' parts.

Oh well, I'll dream on.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/25/06 05:01 AM
Well plenty of people have put duratecs into focuses.

And FRPP sells stuff to do a v8 swap in a focus. That's better than a fwd v6 any day. Plus, if staying fwd, turboing the zetec is a better option for a focus, so preparing and releasing any design info on doing a v6 swap really wouldn't be a huge benefit to anyone. But since when does any manufacturer release information on how to build their concepts? Never will happen.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/25/06 06:32 AM
*Cough COUGH* Mopar *Cough COUGH*
Posted By: SVTGT350 Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/25/06 07:28 AM
Actually it is almost a good thing...... Eeeek don't shoot..... Now every Ford dealer is able to sell and service all Ford vehicles. With SVT the dealer had to be certified to be able to sell them = pain in the a$$ = higher prices. If SVT remained around you could expect to see the new GT500 with a price tag closer to 65k plus stealership mark up.

As long as Ford has a performance vehicle division I will be happy.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/25/06 08:06 AM
Originally posted by getsum111:
Do you guys think they will still send me the Owners Certificate w/ the build number, or did I wait too long?

Does that cost money?
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Is SVT RIP? - 03/25/06 03:42 PM
no, its free just call and you will have it within 3 week
© CEG Archives