Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GTO Pete Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 03:57 PM
How many friends have you made on CEG?

When I say "friends", I mean people you really consider to be friends, not just acquaintances. CEGers you see or talk to regularly, invite to your house for dinner, hang out with, go on vacations together, invite to your parties, etc.

How many friends have you made on CEG?
11 or more.
9-10
7-8
5-6
3-4
1-2
None

Interesting stories? Let's hear them.

As always, discussion is welcome.

All polls I conduct are added to the Sticky: Archive: Polls of the week
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 04:03 PM
I've made some VERY close aquaintences, and a couple of really good friends.

Chris (JaxChrisFla) with his pre-98 SVT.
Jon in Florida (SVT_Leo) is an awesome guy!

Then there is always John (Kokopellian) who is my brother from another mother.

The Hightowers, who are as cool as it gets...

And, recently, Warmonger (Tom) who's as down to earth and accomodating as anybody on this planet would ever desire.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 04:06 PM
I put down 1-2, as I met Jim(BeyondloadedSE) and Scott(LoadedSVT) through CEG. I've been friends with Ryan(Rtstabler51) and Ryan(CLASSVT) through pretty much meeting up on the street, all having had SVT's. Both Ryan's now live out of state, so only see them on occassion.

Mark
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 04:22 PM
I put down 11 or more as I've made a number of friends through this site and most of the don't even post on here anymore. I wouldn't hesitate to call most of them up at any time and definitely look forward to getting together whenever I can travel to their location or their passing through here. Unfortunately other than Brad Noon, pretty much all of them live out of state.

Rick
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 04:23 PM
The New England members tend to invite the entire group to personal parties/housewarmings/weddings/birthdays. We've helped each other move into new apartments/houses and towed each other when our cars aren't working properly, etc.
I'd say out of that whole group, I consider about 3-4 as real close friends, and the rest are just people that show up for the free food and leave

I think the distance is the biggest factor in all of that.
I'd like to think that if more of the members lived within a half hour/hour drive, I'd try to hang with them more regularly than just at meets.

Money is the second biggest factor. We work too damn much and too damn hard. It's hard to find the spare time to do things around the house, let alone arrange to hang out with each other more often.

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 04:23 PM
I have CEGer friends that I will happily visit & do things with, but by the definition of friends given by GTO Pete, I have no CEGer friends. They all live 1000 miles away!!
Posted By: jerseyca�10 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 04:47 PM
Only other person I ever knew to be from South Jersey on here was Cartman. Never met him though.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 04:50 PM
That's why this is so tough to answer. I'd say I've become friends with guys like Mikey Boy and Stazi, but both live 200 miles away, so it's tough to just drop by, or invite them over for dinner. They're definitely people that I would allow into my home, and wouldn't hesitate to call if I were in their neck of the woods. I know that they are good people, just unfortunately too far away to see on a regular basis. This is a large part of why I stress people coming to Spring Zing, as it's a great place to meet people you've talked to on here, and get together with people we haven't seen in a while.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 05:12 PM
Where do I start? I'd say being the best man at a CEGer's wedding and a groomsman at another CEGers wedding is a pretty good friend. LOL! I'd say quite a few. A few people I'd give the key to my house/garage to. Still waiting for someone to name a first born after me. Lots of ppl I'd like to hang out with more if they weren't so far away. The New Englanders rock!
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 05:14 PM
Tourdeforce lives about a mile from me. Pretty close.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 05:18 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
CEGers you see or talk to regularly, invite to your house for dinner, hang out with, go on vacations together, invite to your parties, etc.

These are just examples. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they aren't your friend. It's just that many people use the word "friend" very loosely.

I'll be inviting 5 CEGers to my wedding.
Posted By: jtour Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 05:21 PM
Never have visited any of my fellow CEGers houses. But I do chat up with them online. You never know when we may meet.

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 05:24 PM
I don't really live close enough to anyone to see them regularly, but I did hang out with SAV fairly often when I lived in Statesboro. And meet with the same people every year at the tail of the dragon. I also talk to a few CEGers regularly on AIM,through PM, or occasional phone call.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 05:34 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Still waiting for someone to name a first born after me.

i dont think anyone wants to name their kid "@sshole"
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 06:18 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:

Burn baby burn!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 06:38 PM
Hmm, I invite you knuckleheads over all the time, but you guys always seem to have something going on in your vaginas....
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 06:55 PM
I kinda blew it with meeting up with Owen in Iowa... other than that, I haven't lived near any CEGers.

Wein_Sean is the closest mainstream-CEGer I know (there's others, but they don't post often).
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 06:58 PM

Posted By: jtour Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 07:04 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Burn baby burn!

HAHHAH LOL!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 07:17 PM
BTW, jtour your Mustang is not a MTX and your jeep is not an ATX.....
Posted By: rouar Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 07:18 PM
I talk to two CEGers on AIM on a regular basis. That is enough for me to consider them friends, particularly since it's rare for me to keep in touch with people that I don't see on a regular basis (i.e. on campus). Otherwise, there's about half of NECEG that are pretty close as Kim said (particularly since several are of a similar age and going through similar life steps/changes like buying a house, marriage, baby, etc)
Posted By: Bailey Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 07:49 PM
The only one i've met is Chris (cawong11), was on msn with Aaron (nvsmystique) and Screetch (Bullet), and once in a while i call Darryl (the Davis) the only reason i never met him is because his dumbass lives in the desert
Posted By: ElKy Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 08:16 PM
The New Englanders rock!

hells yeah we do!!!
hahaha
as my fellow NE-CEGers have already stated we have a pretty good group up here.

at one point we even made weekly trips to the local roadhouse for food and booze with at least 6 of us at a time.

i miss those days...and Raven...
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

at one point we even made weekly trips to the local roadhouse for food and booze with at least 6 of us at a time.

i miss those days...and Raven...

Wow...now there's a flashback!!!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 10:32 PM
I talk to Owen and Haroon on MSN, but other than that, noone even lives close to me so its kinda crappy.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 11:10 PM
no real friends i guess, i've hung out with brett(bmonje) and andy,99mystiqueatx,henry,evotour...among others...i talk to brett and andy on aim whenever i see them on...i really dont live close enough to cegers..although i wish i did..
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 11:28 PM
I met a ton of people at SZ that Im sure if it was more than a weekend I would know a lot better. Though some have called me when passing thru my neck of the woods (Buckshot), and Im happy to meet up!

As far as people I see often, the only one is really just BlackwidowSVTT. Plato is a great guy too, he just isnt around much anymore.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 11:43 PM
I think the only person I can say I'm friends with is Haroon (Goonz).
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 11:46 PM
I put down 1-2 even though I prob consider more to be friends. I live far away from most of the people on here but on and off thru my time on the CEG I have talked to a large group of people via MSN or AIM. I've met a few CEGers and they have all been pertty cool. Even bought a SVT off one!
Posted By: Frosty Re: Poll: CEG friends - 01/31/06 11:49 PM
I put down 1-2. I have alot of friends that i joke around with on www.chicagoceg.com, but other than that i would have to say Pole and maybe Mikey Boy and Hetfield. Other than that, the rest live too far away to get together with all the time
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 12:35 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Plato just isnt around much anymore.

Ya, Ya! I had a great time when I was living down in Denver though. I'm just to far north to make the trips down there! I've met some great people on CEG. There was Mario(Dragonfly) who was a great guy and we helped eachother work on our cars more than once or twice, since he lived close. But he went and sold his tour and got himself banninated... There were a few others back when we had that great run in Pueblo 1 or 2 years ago that I saw more often, but it's mostly just been Kingpin and Blackwiddow, and I've talked over PM and phone and received help from numerous other CEG'ers, such as Derk2000, GTO Pete, and RTStabler(BTW RT, I'm gonna have to take you up on that beer this summer when I get to Quantico).

And I can't wait to see your car in May Chris! Sounds like you and Randy have made some very nice changes... Either way, I do enjoy it here, I think it's a great community with plenty of help/good-natured ribbing/discussion. I just think there's too many people whining out there. Just do your homework, search, and if all else fails, post.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 12:44 AM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Just do your homework, search, and if all else fails, post.

The problem is that most people skip the 1st two steps and jump to "post"...

Why are you going Quantico? (I hate that place). When you there, let me know. Maybe we can have a poker night at RT's place.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 01:00 AM
such as Derk2000

D'oh! How could I forget about him? A stand up guy right there. I called him a few times with silly questions a few times back in the day and he was always there to answer. Extremely nice and outgoing on the Canyon Run a few years back too. Glad he could make it.

In addition, all of the Denver guys have been great, Mario, 303GreenDestiny, the SHO guys, etc., I just dont see them anymore. Well, I guess I still meet up with the SHO club every other month or so. A few of them could be my pops though, lol!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 02:02 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I think the only person I can say I'm friends with is Haroon (Goonz).

yupp same here..started talking to CSVT1214 (Tony) on AIM about a year so ago and since then he's like a brotha from anotha motha in anotha state him and I have very very very common interests, share alot of problems so I guess one can say we are close friends. I met alot of cool NE-CEG'rs..I talk to Matt (98 SE) here and there..he's a good guy..Mikeyboy I've known since i was in middle school, I blame all my car problems on him cause he got me into contours! lol just playin man

I hope to meet many more at SZ
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 03:16 AM
Lets see who i think are friends?

Stazi(take our bikes out every week), Barge(hang out all the time), Motorcity(one of my best friends), 5speed3.0, Eurotour, Todras, SVTMIKE, PhatSVT, Skrilla, Mikeyboy, etc etc

Lots of people
Posted By: ViggenPower Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 04:16 AM
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:

Stazi(take our bikes out every week), Barge(hang out all the time), Motorcity(one of my best friends), 5speed3.0, Eurotour, Todras, SVTMIKE, PhatSVT, Skrilla, Mikeyboy,
[................................]

Originally posted by skrilla187:
... they have all been pertty cool. Even bought a SVT off one!

-Tim
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 04:21 AM
Originally posted by ContourPower:

Stazi(take our bikes out every week), Barge(hang out all the time), Motorcity(one of my best friends), 5speed3.0, Eurotour, Todras, SVTMIKE, PhatSVT, Skrilla, Mikeyboy,
[................................]

what? you're upset about not being on that list! i thank god i'm not!!

i'd have to say the the EGL crew has to be one of the closest... i even invited a few to my wedding. cheap bastards didn't come though!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 04:24 AM
I met stoobie through the site, and hes been a great friend always willing to help me out. Wouldnt hesitate to invite him over.

Met livinsvt through stu and its the same way with him.

Met SQLSVT at Emu when i Ninja'd him in the parking lot... turned out he was in my econ class that semester, we've been friends since then (even if he is lame! ;p)

Met Alex (svtdriver627) at spring zing after making fun of his front quarter enkei shot. Invite him over sometimes

many more people ive just kind of met, and would consider to be people i like and am friendly with, just dont know a whole lot about them at this point kristin, steeda, stazi, etc
Its nice meeting people on the site because they are all as retarded as i am (a contour? i mean wtf ;p). Its nice doing the verbal diarhea with the svt and having people listen and understand.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 04:42 AM
Sorry Tim, Sorry Dave thats why i added the ETC!!!!
And im not cheap Ask kristen why we didn't go, because i honestly don't remember LOL

Jesus before others get pissy,

Mapoftazifosho, MXracer, newman, Pudspunky, contourpower, alex, biggity bon, ohh and my personal #1 fan Lil red rocket, aka Stryped, aka NSX owner etc
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 08:28 AM
Sorry Tim, Sorry Dave thats why i added the ETC!!!!
And im not cheap Ask kristen why we didn't go, because i honestly don't remember LOL

Jesus before others get pissy,

Mapoftazifosho, MXracer, newman, Pudspunky, contourpower, alex, biggity bon, ohh and my personal #1 fan Lil red rocket, aka Stryped, aka NSX owner etc

you forgot Powdercoatman
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 01:13 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:
i even invited a few to my wedding. cheap bastards didn't come though!

You're not supposed to make them pay for their own meal.
We had 10 CEGers attend our wedding
Woulda been 14, but the timing was bad.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 01:29 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

We had 10 CEGers attend our wedding
Woulda been 14, but the timing was bad.

yeah that was a good time, some very interesting and unique events happened also ...
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 01:31 PM

Why are you going Quantico? (I hate that place). When you there, let me know. Maybe we can have a poker night at RT's place.

OCS or TBS..I can't remember.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 01:36 PM

Glad I didn't name anyone. Know I would have forgot someone.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 01:57 PM

Glad I didn't name anyone. Know I would have forgot someone.

OMG I thought I was your bestest friend
Posted By: ElKy Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 02:23 PM
no i am his bestest friend..and apparently his whole family...
i get spam from "insert name" Rassmussen (or however you spell it)all the time!!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 02:38 PM
Glad it's not from me. My last name doesn't have an ass in it. Remember kids, no ass in rasmussen.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 03:03 PM

they didn't have to.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 03:06 PM

they didn't have to.

Don't worry dave you will be invited to Durks and Paws wedding!!!

Posted By: Matty K Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 08:27 PM
Steve (SVT4STV), AKA "Mr. Joke-You-Use-Every-Time", Ary (111R) and Big Jim (uhh.... Big Jim) are really cool cats.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Thanks Ryan, yep it's OCS. It'll be my first increment, then I have another increment the following summer, and then TBS the following fall. I'm not sure how much liberty I'll have, (I know not much DURING OCS) but I might have a day or two off after OCS before I go back to CO. If so, I'd definitely be down, although if my only libo is during OCS, I'm most likely going to be spending it with my fellow Candidates. I'll find out next Tuesday (Feb. 7th) whether or not I am going for sure. Oh and I'm sure I'll come to know and love Quantico in much the same fashion you have, Pete.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 08:59 PM
I noticed that the vast majority of contour owners are still loners/ reclusive folks. That just by judging from the poll results.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
I noticed that the vast majority of contour owners are still loners/ reclusive folks. That just by judging from the poll results.

well come on, it's "just a car", why would you want to get on the internet so you can meet people IRL?
/sarcasm
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 09:49 PM

Thanks Ryan, yep it's OCS. It'll be my first increment, then I have another increment the following summer, and then TBS the following fall. I'm not sure how much liberty I'll have, (I know not much DURING OCS) but I might have a day or two off after OCS before I go back to CO. If so, I'd definitely be down, although if my only libo is during OCS, I'm most likely going to be spending it with my fellow Candidates. I'll find out next Tuesday (Feb. 7th) whether or not I am going for sure. Oh and I'm sure I'll come to know and love Quantico in much the same fashion you have, Pete.

Lejeune is eleventy billion times worse than Quantico or even Hell for that matter.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 09:50 PM

Lejeune is eleventy billion times worse than Quantico or even Hell for that matter.

I concur.

Plato, whatever time you have we'll at least meet to have a beer with ya!
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/01/06 10:35 PM

I concur.

Plato, whatever time you have we'll at least meet to have a beer with ya!

I have to agree with you, from what I've heard! Did you do any time at 29 Palms? I've heard GREAT things about that place... But either way, as far as training goes, I'll be strictly at Quantico, then Flight School will take me to Pensacola and to other relatively easy locales. Nothing like what enlisteds go through. It would be a very different story though, if I was doing Infantry Officer. They've got a very rough road ahead of them. Though hopefully I can get some time in at Jump School, and if I'm REALLY lucky, SERE.

I'll definitely try and get something going when the time gets nearer and if I get accepted.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/02/06 12:42 AM
Originally posted by 69Boss302:

well come on, it's "just a car", why would you want to get on the internet so you can meet people IRL?
/sarcasm

Such wisdom from the young lady
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/02/06 02:54 AM
There will definitely be a few CEGers at Kim and my wedding.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/02/06 08:59 PM
I put 5-6 then I realized the # is a lot higher. Wow, I never really thought about that.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/02/06 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Kokohellian:
I put 5-6 then I realized the # is a lot higher. Wow, I never really thought about that.

Yeah, I think people are too quick to pull the trigger and vote before thinking about it. Certainly is interesting to see so many "None" votes.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/02/06 09:04 PM
I know there are some poeple from CEG I wish I never met.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/02/06 09:36 PM

Todras???
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/02/06 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Todras???

Nope. I'm quite the fan. He makes me laugh.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/03/06 05:12 PM
I hate everyone I have ever met through CEG aside from Spatt's wife.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Poll: CEG friends - 02/03/06 05:39 PM
Originally posted by dnewma04:
I hate everyone I have ever met through CEG aside from Spatt's wife.

you offer to "not so artifically" inseminate someones wife, and they hate you forever.
© CEG Archives