Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ChuckAZ Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 02:46 PM
I am loking at SVTC's and just curious as to who is tall that has one and how do you fit in it? I am 6'9" and I drive a Thunderbird SC right now, I seem to fit in that fine but it sits a bit low for me now, and the headroom is sorta getting slim.

Thanks,
Chuck
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 02:55 PM
Recent height/weight thread.

I believe the tallest is 6'10".
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 09:14 PM
I am 6'3" and my hair will hit the head liner if I go over a bump. I have very long legs and dont have any issues with legroom. I dont even have the seat all the way back. I would def sit in an SVT before you buy one. I doubt anybody will be able to sit behind you. The biggest person I can comfortably fit behind me is an average size 13 year old.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 09:40 PM
Chang is like 6'8" elevety billion lbs.
Posted By: TGO Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 10:00 PM
don't worry about it, you can just cut a hole in the roof and wear a helmet!
Posted By: rouar Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 10:06 PM
Originally posted by TGO:
don't worry about it, you can just cut a hole in the roof and wear a helmet!

Wouldn't it be easier to just open the moonroof? Or is it too far back on Contours?
Posted By: TGO Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 10:47 PM
it's kinda in the middle of the roof. And not all svt's have them.
Posted By: m!key Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 11:06 PM
i dont know who is the tallest but i am the longest.
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:

Glad to hear you have done your research.
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 11:41 PM
Originally posted by g r y m e s:

Glad to hear you have done your research.

Wow, I didn't know every guy on this site was under 6"
Posted By: m!key Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/24/06 11:43 PM
thats not what you said last night.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 04:02 AM
Wow... I'm just under 6' and I'm only an inch or two below the roof. I have the seat lowered in the back as far as it will go, and it's positioned so that I can comfortably reach the pedals. I can't imagine how anyone much taller than me would be able to fit in the driver's seat!
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 04:28 AM
Use me as a benchmark. I'm 6'0".
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 04:59 AM
I'm about 6 foot and have my seat all the way back. I have gotten used to it, but sometimes wish I could go further back. I guess I'm all legs. I would definitely sit in one and test drive it if you are any taller than 6 foot before you buy.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 05:09 AM
I'm just under 6 foot and I have my seat all the way back and the wheel as far up as it can go. I couldn't imagine how someone over 6 foot could fit in the driver seat.
This reminds me, I sat in a Miata at a auto show once, and good lordy I could barely fit in the thing, I had the seat all the way back and everything, my head stuck just a few inches above the windsheild.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 05:25 AM
I'm 6'3" (190.5cm), but I found a way to fit in small cars.

I lean the seat way back. It's more comfortable for me to do it in the first place, but I'm also staring out the windsheild halfway up it.

Looks really bad when I'm not in the car... take your fist, set it on the corner of the back seat cushion and move/recline the seat to where it's touching your fist. That's where I sit!

If I put the seat straight up and down, I gotta tilt my head a bit so it's up in the sunroof area.

Now in the C4 Vettes, I don't fit. To recline the seat enough so I'm not all up in the targa top, I end up with my knees on the dash. To get enough leg room, I'm hitting my head on the rollbar looking thing.

In my brother's old 98 Mustang GT with leather, seat didn't move back far enough for me. Knees were all up in the dash... Sucked trying to use the clutch, but at least I had enough headroom.
Posted By: jtour Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 12:58 PM
6feet 3inches and I have the seat all the way back and the back rest slightly back as well. It maybe a tight fit for you but the only way to tell is if you sit in one and you decide if you can handle it.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 02:19 PM
I'm 6'-1" and all legs. I actually sit with the seat fairy close, as people can still sit in the back. My knees are pretty close to the dash, as I don't have to reach for the shifter, hence, having better control over the car.

Mark
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/25/06 03:21 PM
thats not what you said last night.

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I'm 6'-1" and all legs. I actually sit with the seat fairy close, as people can still sit in the back. My knees are pretty close to the dash, as I don't have to reach for the shifter, hence, having better control over the car.

Mark

Same here. I couldn't drive with the seat the whole way back. I'd hate to have to reach for the shifter each time.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/26/06 06:50 PM
im 6'7" like 70% legs :P

But yea, seat all the way back, i dont care. People dont get in my backseat anyways, My knees touch the dash and ive developed a knees bent to the outside style of sitting, its kinda funny.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/26/06 08:41 PM
6'6" and yea all the way back, only prob. is my legs do have to kinda bend around the steering wheel, and after an hour or so of stop and go, my right knee starts to hurt a little. Head room is more than suficiant for me. I do wish the shifter was 3" closer though, i do kinda have to lean foreward a little to get 5th. That and i wish the steering wheel telescoped.
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/26/06 08:46 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
only prob. is my legs do have to kinda bend around the steering wheel, and after an hour or so of stop and go, my right knee starts to hurt a little.

Same with me. Except my left leg goes numb from the buttcheek down.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/27/06 12:24 AM
you guys should try different seat adjustments. Angling the front of the drivers seat releived some pain. Inflating the lumbar support helps too.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/27/06 03:31 AM
anyone ever moved the seat back? like re-drilling into the unibody like 2 inches back?
Posted By: rouar Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/27/06 05:58 AM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
you guys should try different seat adjustments. Angling the front of the drivers seat releived some pain. Inflating the lumbar support helps too.

Um ... if you have a Contour with power seats.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/27/06 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

But yea, seat all the way back, i dont care. People dont get in my backseat anyways, My knees touch the dash and ive developed a knees bent to the outside style of sitting, its kinda funny.

Wow, if I was that tall I would have not bought a Contour.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/27/06 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Are you a girl straight out of a Japanese cartoon?
Posted By: OoTLink Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/27/06 10:34 AM
6'1, agree on the seats but we've got a Mystique

Surprisingly the biggest car I've ever had back seat issues with was the recent charger o_O the way the roof curves affects the way the sunroof takes up more roof room so when I leaned forward my head hit the ceiling
Posted By: nofx198e5 Re: Who is the tallest Contour owner? - 01/28/06 09:47 PM
I'm 6'3" and I fit fine. Just lean the seat back and lower it. 6'9" maybe pushin it!
© CEG Archives