Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Classified Issues with Pete - 01/07/06 11:46 PM
I recently purchased headlights form SVT ST Pete, aka Troll Pete, aka GTO Pete. He said he would mail them to me last saturday. He didn't because

"The lights are all ready to go. Unfortunately, I did not have any more room in my car to take it to the post office, so I'll have to wait until next week to ship it. I'll let you know when it goes out."

But the week has gone by and I have no notification of shipping. He is a stand up guy right? I haven't gotten scammed have I? I understand he is busy but I have a right to know where my headlights are right?
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 12:00 AM
You'll get your lights ...
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 12:06 AM
Pete is a great guy. I actually got to meet him last week. He will for sure send them out to you.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 12:08 AM
Way out of line pal
1st Pete IS a very stand up guy and certainly would not rip off anybody period.
2nd you should be talking to Pete directly via PM or phone if you have his number and not coming on here and trying to accuse him of ripping you off and trying to let everyone know about it. You will get flamed by many on this board.
If Pete sold you something you WILL get it. So I'd suggest you just BACK OFF and retract your post rather quickly.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 01:00 AM
Originally posted by scottd60:
Way out of line pal
1st Pete IS a very stand up guy and certainly would not rip off anybody period.
2nd you should be talking to Pete directly via PM or phone if you have his number and not coming on here and trying to accuse him of ripping you off and trying to let everyone know about it. You will get flamed by many on this board.
If Pete sold you something you WILL get it. So I'd suggest you just BACK OFF and retract your post rather quickly.

...yeah,its not like you bought them from me or anything
Posted By: J3SVT Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 01:03 AM
Originally posted by tour96se:

lol. at least we can laugh about it now. And i did get my parts, so, thanks chris.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 01:06 AM
Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:

lol. at least we can laugh about it now. And i did get my parts, so, thanks chris.

...yeah,its not like i've ever ripped anyone off,just a slow shipper w/bad communication....although sometimes i get stuff right out,like to brapple....ahhhhhh oh well
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 01:49 AM
I've sent him numerous pms and he hasn't responded to any of them. I'm relatively new here and I don't have any prior experience with him. He has been on and posted numerous times since i sent him the pms, and he has yet to answer. What is one supposed to think?

I live by the moto that one gets what they give. When I sell things online. I immediatly ship them out. Sorry for causing the ruckus. I'm kinda broke so I can't afford to be wasting a dime.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 02:29 AM
Not only that, but he's the moderator of this forum!

I'm pretty sure if he was a scam artist, Lance wouldn't allow him to moderate!

Apparantly it's "GTO Pete" now... mmm... GTO...
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 02:43 AM
Don't worry, Pete is a good guy, and wouldn't screw anyone over. His post is fine, he is just making sure Pete isn't a bad guy... He wasn't attacking Pete, just checking on his creditentials and past sales.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/08/06 04:02 AM
well I do know that Pete sent out a few different things that I purchased from him last saturday. He was very stand up and very easy to work with and was not out to screw me over. It was very pleasurable to work this him on my transaction.

you have to remeber that most here hold normal jobs during the week and can't make shipments until the weekend and not everyone bothers with CEG on the weekend either as they have other things to do

so again Pete is a great guy and you will get your parts
Posted By: GTO Pete A real shame - 01/08/06 04:19 AM
Wow, to get called out for not responding to a PM within 20 minutes.

Originally posted by '99 Contour SE:
I've sent him numerous pms and he hasn't responded to any of them.

I was a little upset you called me out and questioned my integrity, but to sit there and attempt to backpedal about this situation is absolutely ludicrous. I've responded to every PM (about 20 of them now?) that had a question in it. Why on earth would I respond to a PM saying "The rest of the payment was sent"...? There was no question there.

He has been on and posted numerous times since i sent him the pms, and he has yet to answer.

Yet another attempt to backpedal. Please tell the truth. I can take screenshots of your PM asking me about whether I shipped the lights today and my most recent posts. Your PM was 6:30. My last post was 6:15.

- I read your PM at 6:30 and was about to respond to it when I got a phone call from my sister who I don't talk to very often. I stepped away to take the call, came back and saw I had another PM. It informed me that someone was questioning me on a purchase - your post was at 6:45.

- I had 8 boxes of parts to ship out last weekend - two boxes of UIMs are pretty big to begin with. I told you I couldn't fit your box into my car, apologized and said I would ship today.

- You pressed me during the week about shipping it ASAP after I repeatedly told you a) I only ship Saturdays, b) I work 10-11 hours a day c) the post office is 20 minutes in the opposite direction of work and d) that I would ship today.

Your box was a last priority for three reasons:

1. You had not paid in full
Why would I ship an item before I had received full payment??!

2. The other buyers had a) paid before you did and b) paid in full

3. I sold you a set of headlights for $30
Sorry, but the two $300+ purchases that paid first and in full kind of took precedent.

Clues as to why I wouldn't rip anyone off:

1. I moderate 6 forums
You think I would be a moderator and rip people off?

2. My registration date: 4/7/01
Do you think someone who's been registered for almsot 6 years would be on here ripping people off?

3. Number of posts
I have almost 4700 posts. I could understand if I had 50 posts or something, but come on.

4. Amount of sale
Do you think I would rip someone off for a $30 profit? You haggled your way down to that price and you're tracking my every post and PMing me asking me "Are you going to ship?" "Are you going to ship?"....

A little advice: Learn some tact.

To answer your question: YES, I SHIPPED YOUR LIGHTS TODAY.

Please do not ever contact me about buying anything from me again. Thank you.
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 04:28 AM
99 Contour SE

Thats not cool. You should tell him sorry. Pete is a good guy.
Posted By: Apu Nahasapeemapetil Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 04:30 AM
$30 for a set of headlights? Wow!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 04:33 AM
Originally posted by ouch:
$30 for a set of headlights? Wow!

I would like to add Pete was very reasonable with the prices on parts the I purchased from him, he also gave me examples of how he worked with people to arrive at fair prices and for the most part taking the hit himself since he could have gotten alot more on Ebay. But Pete sold his parts to CEGers who would most likely benifit most from the parts

out of all the purchases I have made with others on CEG the one I made with Pete was one of the best ...
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 04:41 AM
Brian,

I appreciate the kind words.

I take it you received the package? Everything looks good? I try to take the time to pack everyone's purchases well. (I'd hate to see someone get something damaged.)

Oh and don't worry, the spare is sitting in my room with a post it with your name on it.
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 04:42 AM
Pete I would like to apologize. You gave me a great deal when you didn't have too. I'm under alot of stress right now and I blew it way out of proportion. Please forgive me for my impatience. I hope that you will forgive me and I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 04:53 AM
Pete I would like to apologize. You gave me a great deal when you didn't have too. I'm under alot of stress right now and I blew it way out of proportion. Please forgive me for my impatience. I hope that you will forgive me and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Apology accepted, and I apologize as well for tearing into you. Very few things get to me more than people who question my integrity. Bygones be bygones.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 04:54 AM
$30!!

Dammnit!!

anywho..pete's the man so dont be hatin!
Posted By: '99 Contour SE Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 05:05 AM
Yes he gave me a great deal. Please don't think I am an unappreciative brat. I'm really not one.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 05:13 AM
Yes he gave me a great deal. Please don't think I am an unappreciative brat. I'm really not one.

....30...you better be appriciative...i bet those are the same lights he was trying to sell for 100....thirty dollars for some lights...and your gonna pressure the man??!?!? if your that hard up for money,1.dont spend what you do have on car parts 2.ask your cheap ass boss for a raise FIRST THING monday morning
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 05:12 PM
ok guys lets stop! like pete said let Bygones be bygones. lets just leave it there. lets all get along here. thanks
Posted By: freedomwheels Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 07:06 PM
Stuff happens...it's life. we all have bad times. Certainly, we should be kind to those that are fair and reasonable. Thanks Pete!
Posted By: R_G Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 08:02 PM
Pete is a great CEGer; nuff said.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 10:25 PM
i bet those are the same lights he was trying to sell for 100....

Nah, I had 2 sets - one set was pretty decent (sold for $90 shipped), this set is so-so ($50 shipped). Just want to get all this stuff out of my house.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 10:39 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Nah, I had 2 sets - one set was pretty decent (sold for $90 shipped), this set is so-so ($50 shipped). Just want to get all this stuff out of my house.

Do you still have them SVT stickers I saw when I was with ya?
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/08/06 10:46 PM
this thread made me laugh!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 12:47 AM

Pete sold me a Crank bolt for 5$...He sent it in a box that could've fit a a 5 DVD box set in! He went on to stuff the ish out of it with paper. I got a laugh outta that. Thanks for the bolt!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 02:30 AM
Originally posted by skrilla187:

Sorry, I sold them. If you really want them, I can see what I can do to get them back - the guy who got them wasn't even sure if her was going to use them or not.

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Pete sold me a Crank bolt for 5$...He sent it in a box that could've fit a a 5 DVD box set in! He went on to stuff the ish out of it with paper. I got a laugh outta that. Thanks for the bolt!

I try to take the time to pack everyone's purchases well.

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 03:10 AM

Sorry, I sold them. If you really want them, I can see what I can do to get them back - the guy who got them wasn't even sure if her was going to use them or not.

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

I try to take the time to pack everyone's purchases well.

If he wont use them I will.
Posted By: Davo Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 03:36 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
this thread made me laugh!

Yeah. You need to spend about 5 minutes on this site to learn that Pete is probably about the last one who deserves to be called out for anything, let alone a classifieds transaction.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 01:01 PM

If he wont use them I will.

skrilla - Send a PM to parkedcar about anything you need done in vinyl . Top quality , good prices , good dude .
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 06:54 PM
Pete is a scam artist, everything I never bought from him has arrived late and every time the boxes were empty. In fact, he would go so far as to not even send the boxes. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is, when you haven't sent the guy a dime of your hard earned money, and he has the balls to not even send a single item of his stuff.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
Pete is a scam artist, everything I never bought from him has arrived late and every time the boxes were empty. In fact, he would go so far as to not even send the boxes. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is, when you haven't sent the guy a dime of your hard earned money, and he has the balls to not even send a single item of his stuff.

Yeah, you should like, ban him and stuff, er sumthin'.

Mark
Posted By: Tisby Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 07:05 PM

BWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 07:06 PM

Bwahahaha,
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 08:32 PM
...every time the boxes were empty.

That's what I need to start doing to prank people.

Send a huge box full of nothing!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 08:40 PM
No can do.. from Germany, it would still cost you $67.85 to mail three empty boxes.. that's an expensive joke!

lol

Posted By: SVT3391 Re: A real shame - 01/09/06 10:19 PM
I just saw this thread. I know there is no need at all for me to defend Pete's integrity because so many have said so. However I do feel he is a stand up guy and I am happy to have any business with him. A lot time I believe 'respect is mutual', agree?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/10/06 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Don't worry, Pete is a good guy, and wouldn't screw anyone over. His post is fine, he is just making sure Pete isn't a bad guy... He wasn't attacking Pete, just checking on his creditentials and past sales.

I think Pete is the LAST guy who would screw anyone over, especially on headlights
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/10/06 01:07 AM
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Originally posted by Matt R:

I think Pete is the LAST guy who would screw anyone over, especially on headlights

thats the first thing I thought
Posted By: Icefury_dup1 Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/10/06 05:32 AM
I just bought Pete's SVT Contour out of state from over 1200 miles away(flew out and drove it home this last weekend). He was paid for the car before I even test drove it. Sale of the vechicle was largely based on testimony and trust. Car was everything he said it was and was upfront about everything. No suprises.

Pete's a man of his word. You will get what is owed to you.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/10/06 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Icefury:
I just bought Pete's SVT Contour out of state from over 1200 miles away(flew out and drove it home this last weekend). He was paid for the car before I even test drove it. Sale of the vechicle was largely based on testimony and trust. Car was everything he said it was and was upfront about everything. No suprises.

I envy you

anywho congrads, you invested your money well and I hope you take good care of her, keep whoring her from time to time
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/10/06 06:14 AM
Do you have any idea how frustrating it is, when you haven't sent the guy a dime of your hard earned money, and he has the balls to not even send a single item of his stuff.

That's funny, but it's actually happened to me. I've given away a couple items and was only charging shipping charges. I was pressed constantly to have the items ready to ship before I even received the money to ship them.

Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: A real shame - 01/11/06 01:53 PM
Pete made me buy my SVT. I hate him. Go get him 99 contour SE!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Classified Issues with Pete - 01/11/06 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by Icefury:

I envy you

anywho congrads, you invested your money well and I hope you take good care of her, keep whoring her from time to time

ENVY, ENVY, ENVY!!!!!!
© CEG Archives