Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Woodencross What is up with Autozone's website? - 12/23/05 05:50 PM
They don't seem to have anything I need for the car anymore?

I'm about to get some new plugs, wires, and some other tune up items, and they don't show any products!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: What is up with Autozone's website? - 12/23/05 06:00 PM
I had problems the other day looking up information too. I was checking oil type and amount for my moms car and everytime I clicked on it, it just came up with a blank Autozone page.
Originally posted by Woodencross:
They don't seem to have anything I need for the car anymore?

the stores arent much better
Posted By: hotblack98 Re: What is up with Autozone's website? - 12/23/05 11:31 PM
It seems the website has the same automotive knowledge as there employees
Posted By: Woodencross Re: What is up with Autozone's website? - 12/23/05 11:57 PM
Originally posted by hotblack98:

You don't go to Autozone for the knowledge of the employees.

In fact, you can't really go to ANY automotive store for the knowledge of its employees!
If you are getting plugs for a Duratec, Autolite APP764 are the right plugs, or Motorcraft equivalent. Wires should be Motorcraft, I don't have that number. Most Autoparts stores have retail people, not mechanics, although my local Advance Auto has a few "older guys" who know stuff.
Posted By: hotblack98 Re: What is up with Autozone's website? - 12/24/05 02:03 AM

In fact, you can't really go to ANY automotive store for the knowledge of its employees!

True...
Posted By: dbateman Re: What is up with Autozone's website? - 12/28/05 07:12 PM

True...

Well of course YMMV. Our local Advance Auto had a guy who knew obscure part numbers off the top of his head, the employees would ask him instead of looking them up on the computer.

© CEG Archives