Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Stazi I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 02:38 PM
...and say that I couldn't give a rats ass how many retarded newbies I offend on this site.

If you come on here asking outright STUPID questions about ricer mods, or start spouting garbage that is oan out-and-out lie, fabrication or attempt to make yourself look cool. I will go out of my way to tear you a new one. I'm SICK AND TIRED of the way the CEG is forcing to become "dumed-down" for these new idiots that suddenly have a car license, and an internet connection and feel that they ca skip over all the FAQ's, Stickied Posts and How-To's and come on here and clutter the boards with stupid questions.

For those newbies who are genuinely stuck, I'll gladly help them. But I couldn't care less if some newbie comes on here asking about a fake BOV mod and then gets all bent out of shape when he get flamed for his stupidity.

Stazi out!
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 02:39 PM
amen

~Andrew
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 02:47 PM
Stazi,

If you truly feel that way there is a new Contour site for you! www.contour2.org! Go there!

With that said.....I give another you another Amen!

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
amen

100% w/ you Stazi!
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 03:05 PM
Go Stazi . . . . Go Stazi!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 03:10 PM
amen

Posted By: getsum111 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 03:12 PM
Speaking as a relative noob, some of us do search. I did my whole strut/spring replacement w/o any posting or stupid questions. But I do feel your pain, especially the cheezy Wal-Mart mods and unbelievable racing stories that should not be posted anyway. Just remember, not all of us newbies want a turbo sound w/o the turbo. LOL. Thanks to guys like Stazi, Ray, and all the rest who really know about the car, I still think this is a great site for info. Hopefully it stays that way.
Scott
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 03:24 PM
Kind of wish it would take on a Cornercarvers.com attitude. You will get schooled unless you read for a few months before posting idiotic questions. This forum has been around for like 5-7 yrs. Can't recall. You have to figure ppl are posting everyday. Everything has been covered on this. On the main topics thye have been covered 20 times. And I'm going to go out of my mind when the next person says, "I would search but didn't want to. Faster to just post." What?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess again. Why do we need to spend time typing the same answers over and over?
Posted By: Davo Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 03:25 PM
I never turn down a chance to use this...

Posted By: MazTour Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 04:07 PM
Couldn't agree more Stazi. i still consider myself relatively new around here,but with all I've learned from this site and you guys,I've been able to help out some people,but also look stupid myself at times.

I do agree though,there do seem to be a whole lot of ricetards flooding the boards lately.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 04:16 PM
Maybe we need an additional forum or two or three.

"Idiotic Ricer Mods"

"I don't want to search, but will you help me anyway"

"Newby Bash"

The moderators can move the post right over when they find a post or thread that fits.

In defense of those that can't seem to find help with a search, our search engine does sometimes seem to be a bit hard to use. I have not been able to find things on a search until I went back and reviewed earlier posts. This is not a complaint, but just a statement of fact. Overall this is an excellent community and I'm greatful for those that make it possible.
Posted By: Strictlyfocused7 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 04:34 PM
I'm offended!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 04:57 PM
Originally posted by getsum111:
Speaking as a relative noob, some of us do search. I did my whole strut/spring replacement w/o any posting or stupid questions.
Scott

Well said Stazi!

Right on Scott(getsum111)!

If these newbs would do a simple search they would see that everything they need to know has already been posted. I've done many things to my ride without a single post, thanks to the how-to's and other info that is posted here.

There is nothing wrong with doing a search, not understanding something and THEN posting a question. If you don't understand something ASK, but search first.

I think just about everyone here will help a newb if they say they searched before posting.

The moral of the story...search first, ask questions later.

Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:

"Idiotic Ricer Mods"

"Newby Bash"

The moderators can move the post right over when they find a post or thread that fits.

In defense of those that can't seem to find help with a search, our search engine does sometimes seem to be a bit hard to use. I have not been able to find things on a search until I went back and reviewed earlier posts. This is not a complaint, but just a statement of fact. Overall this is an excellent community and I'm greatful for those that make it possible.

This is true...terminology and the way that the search function returns results can make finding some info a little tricky. This isn't to excuse the lazy, but I'm a longtime poster and I still can have trouble finding the info I need.

But I *love* the idea of an "Don't Wanna Search" forum that mods can kick threads to.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

"Idiotic Ricer Mods"

"Newby Bash"

This is true...terminology and the way that the search function returns results can make finding some info a little tricky. This isn't to excuse the lazy, but I'm a longtime poster and I still can have trouble finding the info I need.

But I *love* the idea of an "Don't Wanna Search" forum that mods can kick threads to.

i posted in dont wanna search but nobudy responded so im postin heari nsted sup witta tornado is it good or not help me outhere i need th info soon cuz thers one on sale if its real deal i need to grab it b4 its gone hooka brother up yo
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 05:16 PM
RogerB - you captured the stereotypical stupidity right there, perfectly!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 05:24 PM
I can understand some newbish type question when it comes to technical things.

This thread took the cake though.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 05:27 PM
lmao
Posted By: RawBurt Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 05:38 PM
There has been an out burst of ridiculous newbie questions, for example:

Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
Hey, Raw-Bert, I see you have a "Vinyl" on yer car, how many horse power does that add?

I know I know we are all newbs at one point, but c'mon!!!!!!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 05:39 PM
..In defense of those that can't seem to find help with a search, our search engine does sometimes seem to be a bit hard to use. I have not been able to find things on a search until I went back and reviewed earlier posts. ..

I agree. If someone posted, "I searched but can't seem to find..", I think more CEGers would step in with assistance. As for the "ricer mod" questions......
Posted By: Pienstars Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 07:22 PM
Couldn't agree more.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 07:49 PM
Stazi for admin!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 07:53 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Stazi for admin!

x2
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 07:56 PM
I don't necessarily find the way the thread started to be entirely positive ( ), I do agree with the subject matter of the thread and will leave the thread open for positive contribution.

If non-admins find it frustrating, imagine my frustration having to move "SVT body kit", "what wheels", "car misfiring", "my Neon" threads from the General Contour/Mystique Forum to the respective forums on a regular basis.

Newbies are welcome here, but for them to completely ignore all the work that has been put into FAQs/Stickies is ridiculous.

All new CEGers need to:
1. follow this CEGer's lead
2. Take this tutorial
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
I don't necessarily find the way the thread started to be entirely positive ( ), I do agree with the subject matter of the thread and will leave the thread open for positive contribution.

If non-admins find it frustrating, imagine my frustration having to move "SVT body kit", "what wheels", "car misfiring", "my Neon" threads from the General Contour/Mystique Forum to the respective forums on a regular basis.

Newbies are welcome here, but for them to completely ignore all the work that has been put into FAQs/Stickies is ridiculous.

All new CEGers need to:
2. Take this tutorial

Personnaly, I'd just delete their ish....fuggin morons...
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 08:00 PM
Exactly. Instead of the "This post has moved ...." or "Post Deleted" or just locking the thread I would end up using "Idiotic Post removed to prevent aneurisms" etc.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 08:01 PM
To tell the truth, I've never been attacked by search nazis to my memory. I've seen it done to others, but really those were cases where a search could've easily yielded 70 or so answers..
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 08:07 PM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
To tell the truth, I've never been attacked by search nazis to my memory. I've seen it done to others, but really those were cases where a search could've easily yielded 70 or so answers..

You should have searched for "how to be attacked by a search Nazi". Stewpid Newb! You sux!!

Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 08:26 PM
Trust me, I've been fighting to hold back from implementing a corner-carver.com type policy. The problem is, I'd have to ban the vast majority of the board. Even a good number of the regulars.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 08:30 PM
All new CEGers need to:
2. Take this tutorial

Pete, the tutorial is excellent.
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 08:43 PM
SERIOUSLY lets make that turial a part of the Sign Up page or something. SERIOUSLY!
Posted By: Davo Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
turial

Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 09:47 PM
fat-fingered it.
Posted By: GetBooby151?© Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Strictlyfocused7:
I'm offended!

stop bein a smart ass. your probly one of the newbs Staz is talkin about!
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
Trust me, I've been fighting to hold back from implementing a corner-carver.com type policy. The problem is, I'd have to ban the vast majority of the board. Even a good number of the regulars.

i 100% support a corner carver method.

~Andrew
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 10:42 PM

~Andrew

what is that for those of use who have not been to that site?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/24/05 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Matt R:
amen

100% w/ you Stazi!

Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 12:00 AM
Originally posted by brapple:

~Andrew

go sign up. it's truly an awesome experience!

~Andrew
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 01:03 AM

~Andrew

Even seen Seinfeld? The Soup Nazi? Think of that in the form of a forum. 90% of what's tolerated here isn't there.

Link
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 01:26 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:

~Andrew

Even seen Seinfeld? The Soup Nazi? Think of that in the form of a forum. 90% of what's tolerated here isn't there.

Link

and it rocks. 0 tolerance policy

~Andrew
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 01:33 AM

~Andrew

Link

and it rocks. 0 tolerance policy

~Andrew

NO SOUP FOR YOU!
Posted By: R_G Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 01:44 AM
I don't necessarily find the way the thread started to be entirely positive <...> I do agree with the subject matter of the thread

Agreed... some.
Posted By: AliasJerk? Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 02:31 AM
WOOP WOOP, stazi, I couldnt agree more with you. I know I can have the occasional stupid post... but I try to keep stuff within reason, GOD a FAKE BOV
Posted By: MazTour Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:07 AM
Originally posted by MAYBE aliasfriend:
WOOP WOOP, stazi, I couldnt agree more with you. I know I can have the occasional stupid post... but I try to keep stuff within reason, GOD a FAKE BOV

...and the guy doesn't even want to install a real turbo. "I just want the sound.Wow,I'm cool!"
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:15 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
amen

Posted By: Harrry Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 05:09 AM
Well since every one is up in arms. I believe we need moderators to help clean up this trash. Since the trash has not been locked or removed. We will then need a moderator who is willing to do such a task.

If stazi is willing to be the clean up man. Then my vote goes to u. Anywyas i am suprised stazi isn't already a mod. He has contributed so much to our cars. And he still seems to be left out. For all due respect make this guy a moderator.

x3!!
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Arhethia:
Since the trash has not been locked or removed.

Uh, last I checked the thread was locked.
Posted By: Harrry Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Arhethia:
Since the trash has not been locked or removed.

Uh, last I checked the thread was locked.

I am speaking of more threads then just that thread!!
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 05:25 AM
If there are threads that you think should be closed, moved, deleted, etc.; you have the option to notify the moderator of that forum by clicking the link. There are moderators for every forum, but we can't catch everything. That's not to say I wouldn't want Stazi as a moderator. I won't comment as to whether I think he's an upstanding CEG'er or a big pile of Koala poo, since that's another issue entirely

Edit: I should also point out that when I took over Pics & Vids I used to get notifications every week or two. I can't remember the last one I got since its been so long, though.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 12:46 PM

If there are threads that you think should be closed, moved, deleted, etc.; you have the option to notify the moderator of that forum by clicking the link.

~Andrew
Posted By: dutchie_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 01:39 PM
I agree...some people are lazy and ask a lot of stupid questions, but we were all newbies once and not everyone have mechanical engineering degrees or our experience with cars. And as you and I know, there are some who need all the help they can get with these cars. There are some very helpful people on this site, and a few, who should be on the behavior modification drugs, who will jump down your throat before they've read your post properly.

Personally the dump questions never bothered me, if the question was so stupid, one can decide to take the time to type out an intelligent or purely sarchastic answer.One interesting thing I noticed...there never seems to be a stupid question posed by a female member, most likely because some of you are hoping she resembles the girl in the short skirt and pigtails on the cover of import car magazine you were just pulling your goalie to. Note to newbies, pose as a chick, and you'll have 20 answers before you know it.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 02:13 PM

~Andrew

yes!!!
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 02:41 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Hey, Raw-Bert, I see you have a "Vinyl" on yer car, how many horse power does that add?

Ya, that was a serious question Rob
Posted By: RawBurt Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 02:52 PM

Ya, that was a serious question Rob

And I would know this how?

slim_jimmy
New CEG'er
Reged: 10/18/05
Loc: Lower Arkansas
Posted By: SAV Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:04 PM
What does his reg date have to do with your inability to sense sarcasm?

-SAV
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:04 PM
common sense
Posted By: RawBurt Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:09 PM
Originally posted by SAV:

-SAV

Originally posted by SVTatGT:
common sense

How about the other handfull of newbs with similar reg dates and completely ridiculous posts?
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:11 PM
I by and large agree with Stazi, but before yaâ??ll jump on the band wagon, maybe think about these few points:

(1) Just because someone has single digit post numbers does NOT always mean that they are â??newbiesâ? to the car platform, modifying vehicles in general or internet forumsâ?¦ in fact, the guys behind some guys â??alter egosâ? may not even be new to the forumâ?¦

(2) The search nazi thing is contagious. I donâ??t know how many posts Iâ??ve seen where someone asks a question and gets a serious, if not helpful, try â??searching for [blank]â? response from a vet who may be genuinely interested in helping him, only to have the mob slam him again with a dozen â??ya search [censored]â? type replies. Why not leave it alone if you have nothing productive to add?

(3) Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are (a) either really confusing (b) inadequate or (c) just plain wrong. It may seem clear to some who have done it before, or who remembers a post talking about it from 1999, but guess whatâ?¦ it isnâ??t to most guys. Sure it would be ideal if a newbie would say â??hi guys, I read [blank] and searched [blank] and have a specific question about [blank]â? but that isnâ??t how it always happen even though they may have read and searched. They are the â??newbiesâ? you are the â??vetsâ? maybe you should be the â??bigger personâ? and give them the benefit of the doubt.

(4) â?¦ plus some guys arenâ??t always serious and enjoy #$%ing with you high strung prima donnas
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:12 PM

-SAV

common sense

How about the other handfull of newbs with similar reg dates and completely ridiculous posts?

If I am unsure if someone said something sarcastically or not, I go through and read some of there other posts so I can get a feel for their tone. Its alot easier than getting all bent out of shape about it and then looking like an idiot because everyone else picked up on the sarcasm and you didn't.
Posted By: SAV Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:14 PM
Example of common sense (the only other SE'er that seems to grasp this concept):

If I am unsure if someone said something sarcastically or not, I go through and read some of there other posts so I can get a feel for their tone. Its alot easier than getting all bent out of shape about it and then looking like an idiot because everyone else picked up on the sarcasm and you didn't.

Example of hilarity:

blah de blah blah woOt.

You've once again made my day.

-SAV
Posted By: RawBurt Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:18 PM

I concur.
Either way, some of these newbs are just ridiculous... sarcasm or not.

Example of hilarity:

blah de blah blah woOt.

You've once again made my day.

-SAV

What in the... ?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 03:48 PM

Example of hilarity:

blah de blah blah woOt.

-SAV

^^^ That just made my day, lmao!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 04:55 PM
Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are
(a) either really confusing
(b) inadequate or
(c) just plain wrong.

Please provide examples.

Maybe you are referring to:
Duratec Maintenance?
Knauberizing?
98+ clear corners?
Hazy headlights?

If these step-by-step directions (many with pictures) are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong", this is news to me.

Your alternatives are:
a) disregard the How-tos/FAQs and buy a Chilton's or Haynes manual and/or figure out how to do it yourself
b) use the "______________ Suggestion Box" and make suggestions for improvements
c) PM the moderator of the forum with improvements to the existing FAQ(s)

You obviously missed the point of this thread - it's not criticizing the new CEGers who take the proper approach that are being criticized. It's the ones who are asking "Where can I buy an SVT body kit?" and "What cat-back exhausts are available?". They don't read the sticky that says "***Read me first before posting***" and post Frequently Asked Questions in the wrong forums. There has been a mjor influx of these types of CEGers and those are the ones the discussion is about.

I do agree with some of your points, but point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 05:48 PM
I by and large agree with Stazi, but before yaâ??ll jump on the band wagon, maybe think about these few points:

(1) Just because someone has single digit post numbers does NOT always mean that they are â??newbiesâ? to the car platform, modifying vehicles in general or internet forumsâ?¦ in fact, the guys behind some guys â??alter egosâ? may not even be new to the forumâ?¦

(2) The search nazi thing is contagious. I donâ??t know how many posts Iâ??ve seen where someone asks a question and gets a serious, if not helpful, try â??searching for [blank]â? response from a vet who may be genuinely interested in helping him, only to have the mob slam him again with a dozen â??ya search [censored]â? type replies. Why not leave it alone if you have nothing productive to add?

(3) Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are (a) either really confusing (b) inadequate or (c) just plain wrong. It may seem clear to some who have done it before, or who remembers a post talking about it from 1999, but guess whatâ?¦ it isnâ??t to most guys. Sure it would be ideal if a newbie would say â??hi guys, I read [blank] and searched [blank] and have a specific question about [blank]â? but that isnâ??t how it always happen even though they may have read and searched. They are the â??newbiesâ? you are the â??vetsâ? maybe you should be the â??bigger personâ? and give them the benefit of the doubt.

(4) â?¦ plus some guys arenâ??t always serious and enjoy #$%ing with you high strung prima donnas

I think you're missing the point.

I don't think there is necessarily such a thing as a stupid question, but there are definitely some really crappy and selfish attitudes that deserve to get shat upon.

Consider these possible "newb" posts and tell me which one you'd poop on:

1. "Hey guys, I'm trying to optimize my throttle body. I checked the How-to, but I'm confused about step 5, and the picture is blurry."

2. "Hey guys, I don't feel like searching because I have a life. Somebody want to step me through this throttle body optimization?"

3. "Hey guys, what is an "optimized TB," and where do I get one?"

4. "I've heard about optimized throttle bodies. I tried searching Duratec Maintenance but I couldn't find anything. Any ideas on where to find the info?"

To me, 1 and 4 are fine. 3 deserves some gentle steering to the search function, the How To, and a quick definition of what "TB" stands for. Number 2 deserves to be pooped on and left by the side of the road.
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 05:55 PM
i give this post a huge "who gives a crap!"

Stazi it does get dumb but stupid ppl are one thing in life you got to get used to. Who am i kidding, kill the noobies!!!!!!
Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 06:13 PM
To be honest nothing kill's a forum more than someone replying with a belittling comment!

People are HUMAN and do make MISTAKES! Pointing it out on a forum help's in no way possible.

I also feel if noobies don't come around our little hobby is dieng then. There is TONS of info on this site and i will say i have been reading here for over a week before i posted and something's are VERY confusing to a new Contour owner. Myself included.

Admitting laziness is retarded yes.... I do feel people should search as well.

My intro post praising this site and the person i bought my car from got ruined by a pointless person that feel's he is "BABY JESUS" and my post made him cry because of mispelling and grammar.

To me people that make replies like that are worse to a forum than a person that ask a old or stupid question! A brought up old question atleast bring's a topic back up that might have new renditions from a few years of modding and changing.

There is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people!
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 06:37 PM
Originally posted by image4you2see:
There is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people!

WTF is this then?:
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=1082558&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 06:47 PM
LMFAO..ok stazi now i side with you
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 06:50 PM
To be honest nothing kill's a forum more than someone replying with a belittling comment!

Why would anyone take all the fun away?
Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 07:00 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Why would anyone take all the fun away?

If causing I-Net drama is fun to you that's cool i guess. I don't see the fun in it but that's me. I would rather use a forum to learn and meet people with like interest.

STAZI i understand but we have all been young, hell the stuff i have done back in the day cracks me up when i think of it.

Making someone feel stupid for their thought's doesn't educate them though. Someone makes a topic like that simply say spend your money more wisely.

I guess i'm a little more forgiving. Working in a speed/stereo store in the past i had to listen to all kind's of crazy stuff. I learned if you tell them the truth and point them in the right direction these kid's that want to waste money on stupid stuff then turn around and buy cool stuff and build sweet car's!

Maybe i am just wrong in thinking this was a Contour site?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 07:30 PM

Making someone feel stupid for their thought's doesn't educate them though.

It doesn't?
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 07:42 PM
Maybe i am just wrong in thinking this was a Contour site?

And it's not a Contour site because we laugh at stupidity?

In your eyes, because we are quick to strike when stupidity raises it's ugly head - we are not enthusiasts.

I suggest you go visit streetkiaz.com then - it's RIGHT up you alley in terms of what an "enthusiast" website/forum should look like and function.

Give me a break...........
Posted By: Davo Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 07:50 PM
It doesn't?

Hey, we're dealing with a guy who 1) bought Hector's car, and 2) said he was leaving the forum but is back within 24 hours of 'leaving'. What do you expect?
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TeH JeSuS:
LMFAO..ok stazi now i side with you

I think that was the best use of an owl macro that I've ever seen.
Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:00 PM
No i feel people that are enthusiasts want to help other's with like interest not make them feel stupid so they cowar away!

Everyone look's at different thing's in different way's! I'm sure there are thing's that you have done or even do that are stupid. Just out of respect people don't point them out to be rude.

I know i have made dumb car choses in other people's eye's. People like different thing's, does that make them lower than you? Nope and i feel it is wrong to belittle someone for what they like.

As for going to another forum, i don't go to forum's to hang out and flex my I-net toughness. I go to a forum to learn and ask those dumb question's to get the right answer's! A wise man once told me WAYYYY before I-NET car forum's, (you want to go fast ask those who are already doing it).

I'm a noob myself and sorry to impose on your forum. Those are just my beleif's. Although i am not a youngster by no means and do have alot of info in my head from experiance.

I was just flustered about my intro topic and seen this topic so i figured i would add my two cent's. To bad it isn't worth anything!

Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Davo:
It doesn't?

Hey, we're dealing with a guy who 1) bought Hector's car, and 2) said he was leaving the forum but is back within 24 hours of 'leaving'. What do you expect?

Buying Hector's old car was a bad thing?

As for coming back i figured i might try and help on some thing's i have experianced on other forum's to try and keep peace.

Sorry for the inconvenience i was just hoping for a place to learn about the contour with out getting my post ruined by a adolescent. Making a reply about someones grammer/spelling does nothing to help out any forum. It just makes for good drama.
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:08 PM
Enthusiasts ask good questions AND research stuff before just blurting out the first thing that pops into their head.

IDIOTS post stupid questions about crap that is pure rice.
Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:16 PM
Enthusiasts ask good questions AND research stuff before just blurting out the first thing that pops into their head.

IDIOTS post stupid questions about crap that is pure rice.

Trust me i know rice suck's! Try selling it for a living to pay the bill's!

It was just my suggestion to maybe help point them in the right direction instead of making them feel like a idiot was all.

I have noticed over the years with all this goofy car gadget stuff that alot of the younger car crowd doesn't understand what is cool and what isn't!

Hell i remember when huge vinyl graffics was the in thing. Oh yeah and i had it. LOL You know before fart can's were being sold i took a motorcycle muffler and put it on my car! Tell me that isn't stupid rice. lol The same car also had really neat stuff as well like adjustable rear swaybar link's i made with heim joint ends to help handling.

Oh well my age get's the better of me i guess!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:19 PM
...Oh well my age get's the better of me i guess!

Welcome .
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:22 PM
[
It was just my suggestion to maybe help point them in the right direction instead of making them feel like a idiot was all.

After you've pointed 12 billion times it gets old. And once you realize that the people asking some of the questions aren't going to actually go through with it, why waste your time and effort?

Hell, its hard enough to get 5-10 people to commit to a group buy.

I think you realize when someone says "I searched and found X, but have a question about Y" they'll get alot more informative responses than the person who posts a generic question that's been answered a billion times.
Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:33 PM
True group buy's are very hard to have! They were hard when i used to work at a store, i could only imagine how hard they are when dealing with people around the world.

With the constant telling people not to make stupid choses. That is something i would be left in the dark about on here being new. When it get's to that point with someone i guess it is time to be a little bit more direct with them. That doesn't mean being rude though.

Maybe give warnings or banning them if they don't get the hint?

I tell you what my head was spinning with all the searches i did on here thru this week. Granted i have question's that may be considered dumb but i chose to ask those question's in private to someone that comes off as a person that is willing to help me.

To bad you can't teach other's that i guess.

Posted By: ZeroHour Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 08:45 PM
I have to agree with stazi. I know I was stupid as all hell when I started posting questions. The best thing would be make new members read and take a short quiz on how to use the search function. Alot of the first time posters I believe have no freakin clue how to use it (sad I know). I know when I first tried I didn't realize for a while that the date function was always set to 1 week. lol

But for stazi main point there have been ALOT of retarded I want to do this crappy turd mod and How-to-plug-neons-into my-ass-so-it-blinks as I drive around blowing my freakin stock speakers out. IT IS EMBRASSING to know that people driving cars like ours and acting like total stupid [censored].

The mods could always have to screen the first couple of posts for new members. If they read them before newbies put out stupid ideas, the mod could just reject that post and send them a nice little PM to correct their malfunction. If someone doesn't want to wait for the mod to check their post, he or she is probably to freakin moronic to want a real response in the first place.

That's my 2 cents.

Oh and that fake BOV was really a big freakin joke. I just don't understand people. I know I did some almost rice type stuff to my car, but I made it quality. Example: I have blue interior lights mounted way the hell up under the dash. No exposed bulbs, nice clean switch you don't really notice. And its usefull because I actually use them to see when I try to get stuff I leave sitting in my cupholders. You only knock a bottle of MD out of the cupholder and under your feet once til you realize how useful those lights are. I really wish we'd see more people want to do functional mods then crap like that BOV.
Sometimes it's just best to ignore the idiots, no matter how much they whine and complain that no one is helping them. Hit the back button and move on to threads that deserve your expertise.
I think a lot of members on this site have a hard time just hitting the back button...

The jagoff reflex isn't necessary, despite how hard it is to keep yourself from going totally house on a lazy moron poster.
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 09:07 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Sometimes it's just best to ignore the idiots, no matter how much they whine and complain that no one is helping them. Hit the back button and move on to threads that deserve your expertise.
I think a lot of members on this site have a hard time just hitting the back button...

The jagoff reflex isn't necessary, despite how hard it is to keep yourself from going totally house on a lazy moron poster.

But I can only restrain myself so much. You know me - I'm silly like that!
Posted By: SAV Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 10:21 PM
I suggest you go visit streetkiaz.com

Hey! I used to resemble that!

-SAV
Posted By: TJSwoboda Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/25/05 11:20 PM
OMFG MY DAD BY ME A CANTOOR AUTO 4 CYL REEL FST GOT A BIG WING AN SLAMEDD IT I RACD A BUGTATI VYRON AN WUN OMFG LOLERS

--T.J.
Posted By: rouar Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 12:06 AM
Originally posted by TJSwoboda:
OMFG MY DAD BY ME A COUNTOUR AUTO V4 REEL FST GOT A BIG WING N SLAMD IT I RACD A BUGTATI VYRON AN WUN OMFG LOLERS

fixed .. subtly ..
Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 12:10 AM
I don't get it?
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 02:39 AM

If these step-by-step directions (many with pictures) are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong", this is news to me.

... point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.

An example

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=1082786&Forum=perf&Words=tb&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=1082781&Search=true#Post1082786

The above has been mentioned many times.

How about this... how outdated is this FAQ?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=722314&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Don't get me wrong, these are great resources... however, I don not think I am off base in suggesting that a novice reader may have many "stupid" questions about these...
Posted By: Bailey Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 02:46 AM
THis was actually the first forum that i ever joined so i had no idea about the "etiquette posting", i did know about the search or FAQS... So i'm pretty sure that some of the noobs here are in the same boat that i was back then.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 03:29 AM

... point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.

An example

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=1082786&Forum=perf&Words=tb&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=1082781&Search=true#Post1082786

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=722314&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Don't get me wrong, these are great resources... however, I don not think I am off base in suggesting that a novice reader may have many "stupid" questions about these...

If you have an issue with one of the FAQs then help update it. Instead of standing around complaining about them. Just my .02...
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 03:43 AM
I'm sorry, but how is the Duratec Performance FAQ "outdated"??

It lists reputable parts vendors, debunks common myths, and gives links to ways of purchasing, modifying, and installing performance oriented modifications. If you mean, simply, that it hasn't been "edited" in xx days, then perhaps that is because this car is 10 YEARS old.. what new stuff do you expect there to be?

Ray
Posted By: Bailey Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Bailey:
THis was actually the first forum that i ever joined so i had no idea about the "etiquette posting", i did know about the search or FAQS... So i'm pretty sure that some of the noobs here are in the same boat that i was back then.

SInce i can't edit no more, this is what i wanted to say:

THis was actually the first forum that i ever joined so i had no idea about the "POSTING ETIQUETTE",and i DIDN'T know about the search or FAQS... So i'm pretty sure that some of the noobs here are in the same boat that i was back then.

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 05:12 AM
You guys are a RIOT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh BTW, I look at it as separating of the weak from the strong. I mean look at Rawburt..he used to be flammed and made fun of all the time. Now look at...ok ok so bad example

Now, being serious. I lurked on CEG for a LONG time b4 ever posting. The last like 4k posts are from the last 6 months.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 05:22 AM

If you like slow, not at all. Hell, even I beat him at the drag strip. I hope you have more luck with it than he did.
Posted By: image4you2see Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 06:04 AM

If you like slow, not at all. Hell, even I beat him at the drag strip. I hope you have more luck with it than he did.

Didn't buy it for 1/4 mile speed! Bought it for handling with a little pep! I have been looking at transmission build up's!

My new contour has a big brother though if your willing to try it out some day?

Just playing!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Image4metopooponâ??¢:
I mean look at Rawburt..he used to be flammed and made fun of all the time. Now look at...ok ok so bad example

Whats that supposed to mean
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 12:14 PM
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 12:51 PM
I'm the complaint dept.

You got an issue, take it up with me and stop your pansy-ass whining about FAQ's and How-To's and FAQ's that you most probably haven't even USED!
Some FAQ's may be a little vague at times, but come on.... what do you want....a Clifford the Dog cartoon with pictures of his big red paw pointing out everything for you, while Barney is jumping around in the background singing "I love you newbie"?

PLEASE STFU and read a bit before you start jumping to conclusion and clutching a straws trying to justify your mechanical ineptitude!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 01:51 PM
kill's........ help's....... some thing's......... feel's......... bring's

Apostrophe: Punctuation symbol(') - the punctuation mark (â??) used to show where letters are omitted from a word, to mark the possessive, and sometimes to form the plural of numbers, letters, and symbols.

Sorry, just thought I'd lighten up the situation

Mark
Posted By: Davo Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 02:04 PM
Mark, you're not supposed to mention his bad grammar, because now he's going to pout and leave the forum for 7 minutes.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 02:54 PM
Sorry Dave. Bad grammar from people over the age of 14 kills me. But don't get me wrong, I'll still poke fun at the younger crowd too.

Mark
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 03:11 PM
Mark, you're not supposed to mention his bad grammar, because now he's going to pout and leave the forum for 7 minutes.

LMAO
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 04:52 PM

An example

Yes, and a simple search will bring it up.

Sorry, but I see absoutely nothing wrong with the FAQ that exists. Your method is different and some things done are optional (and I don't agree with what you did). The existing one is a basic FAQ/How-to and people are free to deviate from it.

Originally posted by Ray:

It lists reputable parts vendors, debunks common myths, and gives links to ways of purchasing, modifying, and installing performance oriented modifications. If you mean, simply, that it hasn't been "edited" in xx days, then perhaps that is because this car is 10 YEARS old.. what new stuff do you expect there to be?

That's it? Nothing else to back your claim that all FAQs/How-tos are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong"? Weak, very weak. For all our sakes, my suggestion: less posting, more reading.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/26/05 05:30 PM
No i feel people that are enthusiasts want to help other's with like interest not make them feel stupid so they cowar away!

Everyone look's at different thing's in different way's! I'm sure there are thing's that you have done or even do that are stupid. Just out of respect people don't point them out to be rude.

I know i have made dumb car choses in other people's eye's. People like different thing's, does that make them lower than you? Nope and i feel it is wrong to belittle someone for what they like.

As for going to another forum, i don't go to forum's to hang out and flex my I-net toughness. I go to a forum to learn and ask those dumb question's to get the right answer's! A wise man once told me WAYYYY before I-NET car forum's, (you want to go fast ask those who are already doing it).

I'm a noob myself and sorry to impose on your forum. Those are just my beleif's. Although i am not a youngster by no means and do have alot of info in my head from experiance.

I was just flustered about my intro topic and seen this topic so i figured i would add my two cent's. To bad it isn't worth anything!

Grow a pair, for cripes sake.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 12:30 AM

Yes, and a simple search will bring it up.

Sorry, but I see absoutely nothing wrong with the FAQ that exists. Your method is different and some things done are optional (and I don't agree with what you did). The existing one is a basic FAQ/How-to and people are free to deviate from it.

So a "simple search" is an excuse to have less than ideal instructions?

The bolt sizes are incorrect, and there is no reference to half-shafting the TB shaft (without which the mod would be impossible.) Trust me, the instructions could be improved upon... and to the guy who said "do something about it" well give me mod access and I WILL!

Why do you "not agree with what I did"?

I did what the posts from a "simple search" suggested I do... or perhaps I should have ASKED A QUESTION about the mod then got told do a "simple search" as the information has already been discussed... Perhaps you can see how the conundrum that so-called "newbies" less articulate than I may face.

Well for starters many of those manufactures do not support this platform anymore and the items are no longer manufactured. Furthermore other non-listed products are also available.

The quality issues with Weapon-R have been remedied to a degree and criticism of their product probably doesn't belong on the FAQ to begin with.

Thus the FAQ is outdated, how can you argue with that? However, again I applaud those who have contributed to it.

That's it? Nothing else to back your claim that all FAQs/How-tos are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong"? Weak, very weak. For all our sakes, my suggestion: less posting, more reading.

To clear up the misunderstanding I said in my original post: â??Having taken a recent look at SOME of the FAQs and mod instructionsâ?¦â? Not "ALL".

So Pete, after all this you tell ME to do more reading? â??Search Newbie Search!!!â? Is that what you are saying? If so I guess I have made my point?

BTW please refrain from personally insulting me.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 01:43 PM
Wow. Some of you n00b's need to learn the "culture" around here. Kind of like when you get a new job and you have to learn the "corporate culture", how to get along with everyone. Personally, I lurked around here for awhile and just read(still do) before posting anything. Try to get a feel for CEG so you can fit in better.

Oh, and trying to call out Stazi on tech questions or whining about his attitude, aint gonna work. Stazi knows 10x more about these cars than you n00bs know about grammar and spelling.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 03:19 PM
I've optimized many TBs to varying degrees (mild to aggressive).
Bolts sizes incorrect? 1st I've heard of this.
Impossible to to without halfshaft? You are wrong.
Do something about it? Read below.

Read below as akrump has stated it very well:

Originally posted by akrump47:
Wow. Some of you n00b's need to learn the "culture" around here. Kind of like when you get a new job and you have to learn the "corporate culture", how to get along with everyone. Personally, I lurked around here for awhile and just read(still do) before posting anything. Try to get a feel for CEG so you can fit in better.

CTA, SP, BAT, MSDS, customcougars, buckshot, Stazi, Magnaflow, Steeda, and K&N. That's about most of the the manufacturers/suppliers that are listed in the Duratec Perf FAQ. You state "many of those manufactures do not support this platform anymore and the items are no longer manufactured" Really? That's news to CEG!

Criticsm of Weapon R? Nothing there is heresay.
MSDS knockoffs? true
Fitment issues? yes
Lesser quality than MSDS? yes
Cheaper? yes

For suggestions, use:
this
this
this
this
That's why they are there. But I guess instead you would prefer to publicly criticize the work put into it and rely on moderators to read every post of every thread. (This is more evidence that newbies don't read Stickies.)

If you find my comments to be personally insulting, that's your take. I didn't call you any names, I made a suggestion that your public criticism is unnecessary when there are proper ways to make suggestions. In addition very few of your points have any basis whatsoever. Your ridiculous statements of "All How-tos are wrong", "Most of the manufacturers don't support our platform"? Give me a break. My suggestion to you to spend less time psoting and more time reading is a compeltely valid one. A newbie has zero right to come on here and rip into longstanding CEGers and the hard work they put into the site in their spare time.

I'm done with you and your posts that are ridiculous and hold no water.
Posted By: Harrry Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 05:13 PM
I think its funny how these new registered users comment about our site. Seriously, the only ones who complain are the new people and they just joined. I can understand if they have been here for like 1 or more. But a 2 month activity on ceg mean nothing at all. Time is only judgment of how much u put into something. I read more than i post, so i think noobs should try doing that more and more.

No one can argue starting a new job that they don't need time to learn all the skills in 2,6 or 9 months. There is way too much info here.
Posted By: weasel Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 07:53 PM
Although harsh at times, I do agree with you Stazi. You even tore me a new one at one point. I think that there should be some kind of "101" forum. That would be the place for newbs to ask the potentially dumb questions. Then, whoever wants to muster up the time to answer said question can do so, without being a dick. Don't feel like being nice today ? Then don't go to that forum and help. Simple enough. Second, expand the search capabilites to be able to search all forums. Those two things alone will help with wasting bandwidth.
Posted By: SAV Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 09:08 PM
Originally posted by weasel's signature:
95 VW Getta TD

A what?

-SAV
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 09:17 PM
Originally posted by weasel's signature:
95 VW Getta TD

A what?

-SAV

getta = jetta with golf front end
jolf = golf with jetta front end

front end means headlights/grill/front fenders/hood

~Andrew
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/27/05 09:23 PM

always liked the look of this with a badgeless grill and eyelids

ghetto = ford contour with faded chrome strips
jolf = golf with jetta front end
joke = mercury mystique

front end means headlights/grill/front fenders/hood

~Andrew

Posted By: weasel Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 03:15 AM
There I feel better now.

The best part is that I have a Getta badge on the car too! One day I was in the grocery store and they paged a VW Getta with licence plate .. to the front ( apparent dog in distress, ya somone tried to stick their hand in and almost lost it ! ) I almost pissed myself laughing when I heard that over the PA.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 04:54 AM
I've optimized many TBs to varying degrees (mild to aggressive).
Bolts sizes incorrect? 1st I've heard of this. .

Well I guess you just learned something then Pete.

Impossible to to without halfshaft? You are wrong.

You cannot flush the screws to the plate with the full shaft. This does not accord with the instructions and does not render it â??optimizedâ?. Do a search.

Read below as akrump has stated it very well:

Originally posted by akrump47:

I have â??lurkedâ? (and not lurked) for a long time. If my simple comments offend you (as they seem to) then you should take a look at yourself and the culture that you as a mod have a hand in developing here.

CTA, SP, BAT, MSDS, customcougars, buckshot, Stazi, Magnaflow, Steeda, and K&N. That's about most of the the manufacturers/suppliers that are listed in the Duratec Perf FAQ. You state "many of those manufactures do not support this platform anymore and the items are no longer manufactured" Really? That's news to CEG!

LOL Really? Go place an order for that Borla exhaustâ?¦ do a search.

Criticsm of Weapon R? Nothing there is heresay.
MSDS knockoffs? true
Fitment issues? yes
Lesser quality than MSDS? yes
Cheaper? Yes

Some of the more â??popularâ? vets would , AND HAVE, disagreed with you. Do a search.

But I guess instead you would prefer to publicly criticize the work put into it and rely on moderators to read every post of every thread. (This is more evidence that newbies don't read Stickies.)

Criticize? Please, re-read my posts above.

If you find my comments to be personally insulting, that's your take. I didn't call you any names, I made a suggestion that your public criticism is unnecessary when there are proper ways to make suggestions.

No you didnâ??t. You just did that in this postâ?¦

In addition very few of your points have any basis whatsoever. Your ridiculous statements of "All How-tos are wrong", "Most of the manufacturers don't support our platform"?

That is a miss-quote, I never said that. Re-read my last post! Really Pete, donâ??t be ridiculous!

A newbie has zero right to come on here and rip into longstanding CEGers and the hard work they put into the site in their spare time.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I am doing nothing of the sort! Why in hells name are you so defensive? Some of the FAQs are not fully correct and the instructions for the optimization could be improved upon. This is not news to anyone here and does not constitute â??rippingâ? into anyone.

I'm done with you and your posts that are ridiculous and hold no water.

Thats great Pete, thanks.
Posted By: 98SVTGUY Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:21 AM
man i haven't been on here for several weeks and this is what become of it?!!!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Stazi,

If you truly feel that way there is a new Contour site for you! www.contour2.org! Go there!

<<=== (* Not at Stazi boot-licker *)

I'd rather the site be kept friendly. No posts in response to stupid Q's would be better and burn less bandwidth than flaming. I've recently noted folks simply suggesting the newbs check the FAQs. Simple, direct, to the point.

Stazi, as you've stated yourself, lots of new drivers signing up so they are obviously wrapped up in the excitement of their new car. Eyes glazed with the anticipation of immediate feedback for their first mods, they ask instead of reading. Get over it.

Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 01:43 PM

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I am doing nothing of the sort! Why in hells name are you so defensive? Some of the FAQs are not fully correct and the instructions for the optimization could be improved upon. This is not news to anyone here and does not constitute â??rippingâ? into anyone.

Slim Jimbo, you need to take a chill. If you found problems with a FAQ and would like it updated simply send a PM to the responsible MOD (the appropriate MOD is listed in each group) and be done with it. Instead, you ripped into Pete, a longstanding member who has done more good than you can ever do, as seen by your negative attitued.

No need to E-Thug and be a jerk, keep it to PMs if you must be like that.

Now if you have grief with my post, send me a PM.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Slim Jimbo, you need to take a chill. If you found problems with a FAQ and would like it updated simply send a PM to the responsible MOD (the appropriate MOD is listed in each group) and be done with it. Instead, you ripped into Pete, a longstanding member who has done more good than you can ever do, as seen by your negative attitued.

No need to E-Thug and be a jerk, keep it to PMs if you must be like that.

Now if you have grief with my post, send me a PM.

Instead of calling me out on the thread, why didin't you send me a PM?

You don't call a guy out in public and then say "send me a PM". LOL. That is not the correct protocol.

YOU GUYS NEED TO CHILL OUT.

Go back and re-read my posts. The only "ripping" that has occured has been from your direction.

I am truly amazed that you guys can post a thread telling newbies to $%$^ off etc., etc. "do a search newbie", "read more newbie" "your comments are weak newbie" etc etc. etc. and then say I rippied into someone when I rightly pointed out that: "NEWBIES WILL ASK SO CALLED DUMB QUESTIOS PARTLY BECAUSE SOME OF THE FAQs, AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE CONFUSING AND OR NOT FULLY CORRECT."

Is that so hard to stomach?

How many times have I given props to the makers of the FAQs and instructions in my posts above. I'll do it again: the vets and mods here have done a fantastic job!

But do NOT stereotype all newbies (and I say this again, just because someone has a low post count does NOT mean they are a newbie). Do NOT automatically think that a questions about a mod or product requires a "SEARCH A#%hole" response.

That is what I am saying. I tried to say it nicely in my first post, then I was attacked as is typical on this board.

There was a thread a few down from this one where a "newbie" was attacked on his introductory post because he spelt some words wrong. This sort of attitude, that is also examplified on this thread, is not cool.

I am a MOD at two other non-related forums. I do not act like that there, and I do not attack and stereotype neophytes. I set an example and listen because often these people bring a fresh presepctive to the board. Sometimes they know more than I do.

Please settle down and take my posts how they are intended. I do not, will not and have not attcked ANYONE unless they have first atcked me or make ridiculous overgeneralized and insulting comments to others.

Posted By: platinum_drew Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 03:32 PM
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I can say one thing...when someone says

"YOU GUYS NEED TO CHILL OUT"

I think they should practice what they preach.

Look, regardless of if it's "right" or "wrong" they way people are treated here, or the ettiquette isn't to your liking, it doesn't matter. that's like living in the USA and saying you think our government is 100% crappy. you can say it, but be prepared for EVERYONE to go against you. don't like it?? take someone elses advice...

www.contour2.org
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 03:52 PM
Slim Jimmy -

I'm going to come straight out and tell you to STFU. No PM's, no being nice to the newbie, no listening to you cry about the FAQ, or listening to you present your case. Just STFU.

Mark
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 04:04 PM

Ban me fawker......I drive a WRX and would like to know how to make outlast a Contour SVT
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Judge:

Ban me fawker......I drive a WRX and would like to know how to make outlast a Contour SVT

Only let your wife drive it, cos you are a walking car demolisher.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Judge:

Only let your wife drive it, cos you are a walking car demolisher.

sorry....it is in the lot here at work...I took it from her poor pooor WRX......
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Slim Jimmy -

I'm going to come straight out and tell you to STFU. No PM's, no being nice to the newbie, no listening to you cry about the FAQ, or listening to you present your case. Just STFU.

Mark

ROTFLMFAO! Thanks, Mark, thanks for proving me right.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:12 PM
Slim Jimmy -

Mark

Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:15 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoâ??¢:
Slim Jimmy -

Mark

Wow... LOL

...truly amazing...
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:16 PM
Can we get rid of this incestuous fool already?
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:18 PM

For what? I go on the record for sayin, right now, that if you guys are seriously thinking about that you are a really sorry bunch.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:19 PM

For what?

For being a pompous ass
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:20 PM

For what?

For being a pompous ass

Unbelievable!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:25 PM

For what?

For being a pompous ass

Unbelievable!

You're the one whome i, and many others, find to be unbelieveable.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:25 PM
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:26 PM

For what?

For being a pompous ass

Why get rid of him then, he fits in with the rest of us.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 05:50 PM

For what?

For being a pompous ass

Why get rid of him then, he fits in with the rest of us.

but he is ugly and the rest of us are beautiful. BAN!

~Andrew
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:15 PM
Slim Jimmy -

Mark

The only point I see you trying to make, is that you can get the last word in. Seeing your posts is like listening to Fran Drescher speak.

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Everytime someone posts something he HAS to respond, even if it's only one word.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:21 PM
Well guys, I think if an independent party were to read this thread from top to bottom they would learn a thing ro two about this place. It is unfortunate that with the knowledge and resources availabe here that it has to be this way.

And yes, a respnse is warranted when one is attacked.
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:23 PM
Well guys, I think if an independent party were to read this thread from top to bottom they would learn a thing ro two about this palce. It is unfortunate that with the knowledge and resources availabe here that it has to be this way.

And I rest my case.

Please STFU and go back to banging your cousin.

EDIT: It's people like you that caused me to start this thread. You're new to the forum but come on here stirring crap up without knowing what the F@$K you're talking about, then get bent out of shape cos you get called out on it. Why, oh why, do you think that you need to tell everyone else that this site sucks when you just got here and basically started this comotion?

Step back and think for a minute, and pull your head out of your arse!
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:31 PM
Well guys, I think if an independent party were to read this thread from top to bottom they would learn a thing ro two about this palce. It is unfortunate that with the knowledge and resources availabe here that it has to be this way.

And I rest my case.

Please STFU and go back to banging your cousin.

EDIT: It's people like you that caused me to start this thread. You're new to the forum but come on here stirring crap up without knowing what the F@$K you're talking about, then get bent out of shape cos you get called out on it. Why, oh why, do you think that you need to tell everyone else that this site sucks when you just got here and basically started this comotion?

Step back and think for a minute, and pull your head out of your arse!

What, pray tell, Stazi oh wise one, do I not know about? Give me one example that you can justify from this thread, just one buddy, just one, come on?

BTW thanks for the insult
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:38 PM
Alright, which one of you guys is holding a gun up to slim jimmy's head and making him stay? Seriously, nobody is forcing you to stay! It's YOU that is causing this uproar, and YOU that is getting bent out of shape. You don't like it, you can leave as easy as you entered.

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:45 PM

3) Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are (a) either really confusing (b) inadequate or (c) just plain wrong.

So by YOUR opinion, not ONE FAQ was considered correct or good (I don't see that option listed up there.....)

This is kick in the jewels to those of us who've contributed to this forum. All you've contributed is criticism!

This is why you don't know what the hell you're talking about because you haven't bothered to look at all the FAQ's to see that the majority of them are accurate an helpful.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:50 PM
I would like to see him try it with ZERO FAQ. Have a pile of useless TB's.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:50 PM
Notice the word SOME in there, I explained this above Stazi. I am not saying "ALL".

Re-read my posts and you will see where this has been backed up. As a quick exmaple, Borla is bye-bye and the TB optimization could be improved.

It is NOT meant as kick in the nuts, I have stated at least three times that this is an excllent resource and that peeps should get props.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:53 PM
I would like to see him try it with ZERO FAQ. Have a pile of useless TB's.

I am savy enough not for that to have occurred but thanks for the thought. Perhaps, though, a noob SVT owner could have F#$ked their TB due to no mention of the TB shaft in the existing instructions.... then we get back to them posting a question and getting shheeeaat on.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:54 PM
page 33

Borla is still there
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:56 PM
Alright, which one of you guys is holding a gun up to slim jimmy's head and making him stay? Seriously, nobody is forcing you to stay! It's YOU that is causing this uproar, and YOU that is getting bent out of shape. You don't like it, you can leave as easy as you entered.

Mark

Of course I can, this identity was created to get a bunch of you who think you can sheeeaaat on noobs to take a look at yourselves. As a matter fo fact, I believe that slim_jimmy the "lower" Arkansas cousin humping redneck was successful in getting Stazi to post this thread in the first place. I must say it has been rather disappointing.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:57 PM
Of course I can, this identity was created to get a bunch of you who think you can sheeeaaat on noobs to take a look at yourselves.

ban!!
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
page 33

Borla is still there

Not what I mean, in limited stock however out of production.
Posted By: Davo Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:57 PM
this identity was created to get a bunch of you who think you can sheeeaaat on noobs to take a look at yourselves.

MODS: This is a bannable offense.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:58 PM
Originally posted by MX Racer:
Of course I can, this identity was created to get a bunch of you who think you can sheeeaaat on noobs to take a look at yourselves.

ban!!

Proxy server!
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:59 PM

MODS: This is a bannable offense.

LOL, oh no!
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 06:59 PM
It was started due to the moron who wanted a fake BOV, asid from some other assclowns on here lately.

It had nothing to do with you. You just HAD to put yout $0.02c in and piss everyone off.
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:00 PM
It was started due to the moron who wanted a fake BOV, asid from some other assclowns on here lately.

It had nothing to do with you. You just HAD to put yout $0.02c in and piss everyone off.

Who was that?
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:00 PM
Posted By: slim_jimmy Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:01 PM
slim_jimmy has retired.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:02 PM
slim_jimmy has retired.

w00t!

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:05 PM
Posted By: Steeda. Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:06 PM

I need help putting in my Boost/Vac Gauge!
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:08 PM
Come over when you have a source of boost!

Seriously, come over and I'll show you...riceboy!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:11 PM
i have a source I got this Electric supercharger thing i seen on ebay.. I figure that along with that maf mod i should be around 300fwhp...
Posted By: Stazi Re: I would like to go on record... - 10/28/05 07:12 PM
© CEG Archives