Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 How to become a Moderator?? - 09/27/05 11:56 PM
How do you become one? I hate seeing all this useless thread junk and it seems the mods dont clean it up as fast as they should. Can't we make a few more?
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/27/05 11:57 PM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
How do you become one? I hate seeing all this useless thread junk and it seems the mods dont clean it up as fast as they should. Can't we make a few more?

rest assured, you'd not be in my top 20.

~Andrew
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/27/05 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

rest assured, you'd not be in my top 20.

~Andrew

?? Whats that supposed to mean ??
Posted By: JB1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 12:40 AM
no, its just pimpalicious trying to maintain his own sense of self worth.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 12:48 AM

well lets look at the last person that became one, the one in question is on the boards alot, is very helpful and provided alot to the community.

I am also sure the current mods selected and picked

let the mods be, they are doing th ebest job that they can
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 12:52 AM
Originally posted by brapple:

well lets look at the last person that became one, the one in question is on the boards alot, is very helpful and provided alot to the community.

Path914? ( not that he is not "on the boards alot, is very helpful and provided alot to the community.") (Seinfeld voice on) And not that there is anything wrong with that (Seinfeld voice off)
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:15 AM
I've wondered this too - are they chosen by the current mods, or Lance, or both? I however think the current mod situation is decent. It's the influx of newbies posting junk as these cars fall into the hands of 16 year old ricers across the country that bugs me. At least the real losers don't stick around.

PS- not an attack on anyone here, no one get pissy.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:24 AM
Originally posted by JB1:

yes, because my entire sense of self worth is based soley on this contour website

~Andrew
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:26 AM

yes, because my entire sense of self worth is based soley on this contour website

~Andrew

...It's not?!

J/K

If us normal peeon's had the ability to choose a mod, I'd actually pick Andrew here, as he's far from "soft" and tells it like it is.

Now,a s far as helpfull.. he's sub-par.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:28 AM
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:

~Andrew

...It's not?!

J/K

If us normal peeon's had the ability to choose a mod, I'd actually pick Andrew here, as he's far from "soft" and tells it like it is.

i am more than willing to help for a fee. my sarcasm comes free though

~Andrew
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:29 AM

~Andrew

...It's not?!

J/K

~Andrew

Score!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:08 AM
Skrilla:

here's the deal: You can be your own "mini-mod". Whenever you see a "useless junk thread", click the little icon beneath each and every single post that looks like this: , in order to notify the moderator of that forum. Whichever post you click it on is the actual post that we would look at first.

If there is a collection of threads you feel aren't postworthy, "get ta clickin'"...

In all seriousness: Things slip.. people miss threads... we try our best. This is a case where getting every members help will provide the same end result as another moderator (or two or three)

Ray
Posted By: Davo Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:38 AM
Why the h311 would you want to be a moderator on this site? Let me guess...you wanted to be captain of the chess team in high school too?

I just don't understand the lure of e-power/e-popularity.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:45 AM
Davo:

I don't think I have ever agreed and disagreed with someone at the same time!!!

LOL

Ray
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:47 AM
There's a lot of good here, Davo. And then there's you. the mods are here because of you.

Kidding. Sort of.
Posted By: Tisby Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Davo:
h311

I'm pretty [censored] sure that you can say hell on here...
EDIT: Yup, definatly can say hell. Just not that first word there...
Posted By: Davo Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Ray:

I don't think I have ever agreed and disagreed with someone at the same time!!!

Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
There's a lot of good here, Davo. And then there's you. the mods are here because of you.

Kidding. Sort of.

I am rarely the reason forums are locked and with one (debatable) exception, have never broken forum rules.

Really though. Mod status has turned otherwise fun contributors into grumpy a-holes. I wouldn't want to have the responsbility to babysit people on the internet. Why some see mod status as a life goal is way beyond me.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Tisby:
h311

you just got mini-modded!

~Andrew
Posted By: Davo Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Tisby:

I wrote it like that for the kids. Didn't want anyone's offspring to be offended if they saw it on the screen.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 02:59 AM
you just got mini-modded!

HAHAHA you like that, huh?

you never cease to make me laugh.

Ray
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:04 AM
i love it, ray. in fact, this is now the official mini-modded image:

~Andrew
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:07 AM
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:08 AM
good call, seeing as that i drive a German car and have threatened all kinds of people. way to go.

~Andrew
Posted By: SAV Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:09 AM
i love it, ray. in fact, this is now the official mini-modded image:

~Andrew

LMFAO!

I love this! [right click save image as...]

-SAV
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:31 AM

Says the hypocrite with a signature 7 times as long as his post.

Get a life...
Posted By: rouar Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:43 AM
I'd very much like to see the little moderator's forum where they get to talk about us. Other than that, having conversed with some mods on here and things they have to deal with (particularly via PM, not just on the boards) the appeal has decreased for me.

Large forums, I mean. I wouldn't mind moderating local forums such as the NECEG, where conflicts are few and far between.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:53 AM
Why the h311 would you want to be a moderator on this site? Let me guess...you wanted to be captain of the chess team in high school too?

I never said that I wanted to be one. I was just saying that maybe there should be more because this site is just a argue over the internet piece of [censored]. Everyone has to grow the [censored] up.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:54 AM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Says the hypocrite with a signature 7 times as long as his post.

Get a life...

You have 9000 posts on here. And your telling me to get a life?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 03:57 AM
he's got 8990 helpful ones,
10 off topic ones
and 9006 smartass ones

Ray
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 04:02 AM

~Andrew

...It's not?!

J/K

~Andrew

You would help for a fee? Are you kidding me? Most people dont put anything into this site and all they do is take. I thought this place was made to inform and share ideas and thoughts about cars.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 04:07 AM
he's got 8990 helpful ones,
10 off topic ones
and 9006 smartass ones

Ray

Whoa, check out the comedy skills on Ray! I laughed at that one.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 04:13 AM
If I was moderator, we'd have pizza for lunch everday and a longer recess break.
Posted By: Tisby Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
If I was moderator, we'd have pizza for lunch everday and a longer recess break.

Oh wow! If you can get us some pop/soda to go with that pizza, I'll vote for you!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 05:28 AM
So Paul you basically started a thread about all the useless crap we have on the forums and that we need more mods.....yeah about that....
Posted By: Tisby Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 05:35 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
So Paul you basically started a thread about all the useless crap we have on the forums and that we need more mods.....yeah about that....

Allow me...
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 12:13 PM

~Andrew

...It's not?!

J/K

~Andrew

You would help for a fee? Are you kidding me? Most people dont put anything into this site and all they do is take. I thought this place was made to inform and share ideas and thoughts about cars.

wow, i even included the word sarcasm in the post and you still didn't pick up on it?

~Andrew
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 12:20 PM
Maybe we should be able to nominate a moderator
then we vote for them!!

Unfortanuatly... I dont think there would be anyone to nominate on the top of my head

Would be a good system though I suppose
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 12:47 PM
They do get nominated.
That's how I became mod of my local chapter.
Mods are also chosen by volunteers - like when CI needed a couple more, a few existing mods volunteered. Or when this forum needed a new mod, Ray stepped up, etc.
Mods are also chosen by those who seem most knowledgeable in a particular area, and they are asked to give a hand based on that.

Basically, I'm saying there are a variety of ways.

And I'm DEFINITELY not in it for the epopularity.
If anything, an authoritative title only makes you hated more, and there's definitely no fun in that.

Despite what some may think, the mods of this site CARE about this site and want to contribute by keeping the peace and enforce the rules to further the enjoyment of the site for ALL. It's easy for all the butthurt folks to disagree with me on this one, but they've also never been on the other side of things to really understand that no mod is purposely trying to be a jerk to any member and abuse their power.
I'm wasting my breath on that argument though...

Posted By: liquidX Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:08 PM
Good point Kim. If you are that desperate to have e-power, and you have what it takes, we are now hiring at .
Posted By: Davo Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:12 PM
Originally posted by knightlife:
If you are that desperate to have e-power, and you have what it takes, we are now hiring at .

ROFLMAOPIP Good one!!!!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 01:36 PM
Originally posted by knightlife:
Good point Kim. If you are that desperate to have e-power, and you have what it takes, we are now hiring at .

Posted By: weasel Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 06:49 PM
Its kinda funny. People get stomped on for not searching. Its a waste of bandwidth having all these extra posts on previously discussed topic they are told. THIS is a worthless topic that is consuming bandwidth for nothing. If it has nothing to do with a Countour/Mystique/SVT then get rid of it !!!! Change the search to include all categories and you'll find more people doing the searching that they are supposed to. I think that the Mods need to step up to the plate and start being more vigilant. There is waaaaay to many flame wars and useless crap floating about ......
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 07:14 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
If anything, an authoritative title only makes you hated more, and there's definitely no fun in that.

W3rd. If you like to be verbally abused in public and PM's, become a moderator. Then, every time you lock/delete a thread or warn someone you can have it reinforced how much of a tool you are.
Posted By: elraido Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 07:27 PM
Geez, don't you people know the correct way to become a mod? Mr. Ben Franklin says to mail him to all the current mods to be accepted....duh.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 07:36 PM
Originally posted by elraido:
Geez, don't you people know the correct way to become a mod? Mr. Ben Franklin says to mail him to all the current mods to be accepted....duh.

I'd like some benji's
pay up suckas!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 07:40 PM

I'd like some benji's
pay up suckas!

They are in the mail (as we speak).
Posted By: rouar Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 10:29 PM
Or when this forum needed a new mod, Ray stepped up, etc.

I think SVT ST PETE would be inclined to disagree with you. (To my knowledge Ray is moderator of Troubleshooting .. at least according to the "listed mods" at the bottom of each forum.)
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/28/05 11:39 PM
Troubleshooting and Duratec Maintenance.

I've voiced my opinions on which I would gladly moderate..

Pete nominated me to be a mod, and I thank him.

Ray
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/29/05 01:08 AM

Ray

I fought this with every ounce of my being...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/29/05 01:55 AM
They do get nominated.
That's how I became mod of my local chapter.
Mods are also chosen by volunteers - like when CI needed a couple more, a few existing mods volunteered. Or when this forum needed a new mod, Ray stepped up, etc.
Mods are also chosen by those who seem most knowledgeable in a particular area, and they are asked to give a hand based on that.

Basically, I'm saying there are a variety of ways.

Despite what some may think, the mods of this site CARE about this site and want to contribute by keeping the peace and enforce the rules to further the enjoyment of the site for ALL. It's easy for all the butthurt folks to disagree with me on this one, but they've also never been on the other side of things to really understand that no mod is purposely trying to be a jerk to any member and abuse their power.
I'm wasting my breath on that argument though...

I heard you turned thier stomachs with all that bad, dirty girl talk so they figured if they made you a mod you'd have to follow the rules
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/29/05 11:58 AM
nah, they just wanted Outback Gal to have another girl to spaghetti wrestle with in the mod forums
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/29/05 12:28 PM

Ray

I'll step up to the plate and back people who I feel are worthy moderators. (Somewhat regretting backing Ray... )

Until you've been a moderator, you have no clue and no right to go off and criticize the work the moderators put into the site. If Lance isn't happy with moderators, he'll find new ones as he has done in the past. We do our best to enforce Lance's rules - don't like it? Accept it or find another site.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/29/05 03:07 PM
D'Oh!!!

Ray
Posted By: rmcd79_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 04:41 AM

Maybe for those of us who can't contribute much money, we see it as an opportunity to help the site prosper in another way?
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 11:41 AM
i just want a different colored name. perhaps cyan? or a nice purple color.

~Andrew
Posted By: Nemesis950psi Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 12:11 PM
I highly doubt with a screen name like skrilla , youll get moderatorship
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 01:52 PM
I'm not aware of any moderators here who signed up to be an e-thug. I don't considerate a reward of any sort. In my case, I volunteered to do it, and try to keep a hands off approach on most things unless they get out of hand.
Posted By: liquidX Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 02:20 PM
How do you become one?

Sell your Contour and become a troll
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 02:32 PM
Originally posted by dnewma04:
i try to keep a hands off approach

then explain the scratch marks on my back

~Andrew
Posted By: MxRacer Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 02:46 PM

~Andrew

what would you and newman be doing that would involve him leaving scratch marks on your back?
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: How to become a Moderator?? - 09/30/05 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

~Andrew

what would you and newman be doing that would involve him leaving scratch marks on your back?

~Andrew
© CEG Archives