Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Sure, this has probably be posted. Sure you could reply whinning about search. Sure.

But hey, you're here.

You know that little poket hole directly behind the right side of the steering wheel hand? The plastic little in cup?

I've used it for change, once an ash tray when I was big Dawg with cigars, and I've tired to fit my phone in it. I've seen people put gauge pods in it, but it doesnt' look correct.

WHAT IS IT ACTUALLY FOR?

thanks, love you all.
Change... actually FOR change

Ray
Originally posted by Ray:

Ray

A 2" gauge, mine has not yet full filled it's destiny.
Originally posted by Ray:

Ray

works great for change...untill u catch second gear and you have 2 dollars in quarters comin at you
I use an Altoids tin for change and leave it under the emergency brake handle. The little change thing next to the vents has never been occupied under my ownership.
I use it for my empty gum wrapper when I leave in the morning for work. The red wrapper catchs my eyes when I leave the car so I grab it and throw it away. I use my ash tray for the change.

Troy
my phone fits in it perfectly when not charging
otherwise...change
and a lighter
Never used it for anything. It isn't deep enough to hold a significant amount of change. I end up tossing change in to my cup holders.
My holds mee lucky'Charme!
Right now mine is filled with small change like pennies,nickels and dimes,a bunch of small screws for trim pieces and some other junk,and my ashtray is also full of pennies and screws,and my little cubby hole above the ash tray holds my phone,a screwdriver and notepad.
Mine holds a few dollars in quarters - or it did. On the street it's fine, but I forgot to take it out at a race, and on a bumpy corner exit I got a helmet full of metal Georges. My car looked like a slot machine.
See, thats what I dont get, is that it really is useless.

In the pics forum, someone is custom fibre glassing in a oil gauge pod there. Now I'm not a fan of gauges, but it seems more pratical then .50 cents in change ready to fly out and kill you.

Also, is the SVT like a non-smokers car, because there is no real ashtray right? Nothing you can take out to clean...cupholders dont count. I dont smoke, just wondering.

Originally posted by muskamike:
See, thats what I dont get, is that it really is useless.

In the pics forum, someone is custom fibre glassing in a oil gauge pod there. Now I'm not a fan of gauges, but it seems more pratical then .50 cents in change ready to fly out and kill you.

Also, is the SVT like a non-smokers car, because there is no real ashtray right? Nothing you can take out to clean...cupholders dont count. I dont smoke, just wondering.

No, it's very GM like. Basically a plastic asktray cup with a closable lid that sits in the drivers side cupholder space. Also came with a lighter. Mine sits on the computer desk where I put change in it- never used for smokes, though.
Yeah, I've got a little ashtray cup that sits inside of the cupholder. I always assumed that it came with the car, but I bought it slightly used so I don't know for sure.
Originally posted by Big_B:
Yeah, I've got a little ashtray cup that sits inside of the cupholder. I always assumed that it came with the car, but I bought it slightly used so I don't know for sure.

Oh no- it was part of the 24.00 "smokers package" from Ford.
You think YOU have a problem? I'm still trying to find out what the switch that's next to my rear defroster is for. Search engines have nothing for me and I will post about it soon when I get a chance along with a pic...

XL
Originally posted by knightlife:
You think YOU have a problem? I'm still trying to find out what the switch that's next to my rear defroster is for. Search engines have nothing for me and I will post about it soon when I get a chance along with a pic...

XL

Uhh-- Traction Control.

XL

wow X good to see you back.
See, thats what I dont get, is that it really is useless...

au contraire, mon frere...

for 7 years, mine has been occupied by a thermometer that perfectly fits the space. a little black plastic one the size of a fifty-cent piece.

i don't live there anymore, but for any of you who live/have lived in Vegas, you'd know i wasn't lying when i say i've seen the gauge go to 140 degrees after spending a few hours in a parking lot with all the windows up...
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:

XL

Uhh-- Traction Control.

Yeah, duh. It's a little picture of a wheel spinning. Come on.

J/K

As for the small area to the right of the gauges, it has a purpose. It's where the trip computer display goes in the higher end Mondeo cars. We didn't get the option of a trip computer because Ford can't put a trip computer in anything that costs less than 30k.

Originally posted by jsark:
See, thats what I dont get, is that it really is useless...

au contraire, mon frere...

for 7 years, mine has been occupied by a thermometer that perfectly fits the space. a little black plastic one the size of a fifty-cent piece.

i don't live there anymore, but for any of you who live/have lived in Vegas, you'd know i wasn't lying when i say i've seen the gauge go to 140 degrees after spending a few hours in a parking lot with all the windows up...

I've got one of those down near the 12v jack, Velcroed on.
© CEG Archives