Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 00 SVEET Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 01:49 AM
Hi everyone. Just posting for the first time. I've had the pleasure of purchasing a Texas SVT and brought it home to Wisconsin. T-red and Tan ... Anyone care to guess who used to own it? I'll give you one hint. It's from Garland Texas. Enough said.
After reading these forums for about 7 months, I knew I had to have a Contour. It's true what you always say. They are fast and fun. I'll be around for a long time. If there's anything you need in this part of the world, don't hesitate to contact me.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 01:53 AM
Welcome. Engine oil 1/2 quart above maximum level and coolant 1/2 inch above maximum level.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 02:04 AM
Congrats on the new SVT. I heard that someone was selling their SVT in Texas so I guess you-re in one who bought it. Good choice!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 02:08 AM
That was likely Bruce selling his T-Red, but not in Garland

Welcome to CEG

Ray
Posted By: 00 SVEET Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 02:29 AM
Anyone remember a guy by the name of Wai ? He was known as 98SVTGUY. I bought his car. He kept it in great shape and the thing I liked about it was that there were NO engine mods. I followed his posts for awhile and realized that he never beat on it. It has 17" FSVT wheels, tint and 3" Magnaflows, but that's it. Normal front end rash, but pretty pristine otherwise.
Posted By: SAV Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 02:49 AM
Naw, not Bruce's. His was stock.

Sounds like a nice ride! Welcome to CEG.

-SAV
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 02:56 AM
That's what I was saying. That was likely Bruce he was remembering selling in SC, but it wasn't Bruce in Garland (so it wasn't Bruce's car he bought)

Ray
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 01:04 PM
Welcome!
Enjoy the new ride!

Originally posted by Tony2005:
Engine oil 1/2 quart above maximum level and coolant 1/2 inch above maximum level.

Tony, you should put this line in your signature.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Another Newbie SVT owner - 08/23/05 02:45 PM
Congrats on the purchase! you will love it

except when it breaks down..

.. but then you will fix it and love it again
© CEG Archives