Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GoldenTour How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:02 PM
I dont like to go too low, because it messes up my doo, and i cant leave it too high because i like fresh air.

what do you guys like?

i already regret asking, these questions are so lame
Posted By: MxRacer Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:05 PM
Originally posted by GoldnTour:
I dont like to go too low, because it messes up my doo, and i cant leave it too high because i like fresh air.

what do you guys like?

what do you guys like?

Everything open and all the way down up to about 65mph, then windows and AC.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Digital Slacker:

what do you guys like?

Everything open and all the way down up to about 65mph, then windows and AC.

Yep.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:13 PM
Posted By: MxRacer Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:

is that alex??? it kind of looks like him!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:17 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

FCUK YOU!
Posted By: Nate S Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:18 PM
Usually I have one or both of the front 2 windows all the way down. My A/C is broken. But I guess I like fresh air anyways. God I miss my A/C

Need to get it fixed before the end of the summer- that's when I'll be making the trip from Minneapolis to Boston! No A/C during a summer road trip would be unbearable on the highway...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:20 PM

Actually I did search ghey and Alex and that's what turned up.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:34 PM

I thought the same thing.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:42 PM

This thread need more lightning bolt.
Posted By: liquidX Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

I think GoldnTour need grease lightning for his hair
LMAO!!!
Posted By: GoldenTour Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 08:32 PM
Originally posted by liquidX:

Hey low blow, but i already use pomade grease stuff, cuz moose dries and breaks and so does gel

after cooming into work! with windows down 25%
Posted By: liquidX Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 08:39 PM
Originally posted by liquidX:

Hey low blow...

I was just adding a go-along to Phil's "lightning" comment... Take a joke
Posted By: MazTour Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 08:44 PM
I always wear a baseball cap,so I atleast have my window down all the way,up to about 70mph. Sometimes around town I'll have both front windows and and my rears cracked open about 3 or 4"

If I don't have my hat on and my window down...my hair gets fcuked. And my AC works,but I don't use it. I like the idea of getting good fuel milage,especially with these prices. Friggin 92c/Litre here! WTF! and the signs at the gas stations are now converted to go over $1/L! NUTS!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/12/05 09:04 PM

i already regret asking, these questions are so lame

Ddddduuuuhhhh

Yes

it

is!!!
Posted By: sail114 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 03:09 PM
All windows, all the time, all speeds. Unless it's raining or I need to use the phone. Us New Englanders spend so much of the year indoors anyway, why would I want to use the AC??
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 05:23 PM
Since it gets hot during the day, I usually use the AC. At night ,usually after work, I don't use the AC and I put my front windows down a bit.
Posted By: liquidX Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 05:24 PM
Right now in Miami you are A/C all the way or you will dehydrate to death.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 05:28 PM
I always have my front windows half way down..evenly..I never have my rear windows down mainly cause the rears have a darker tint, and also carry the www.contour.org sticker
Posted By: mvr Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 05:32 PM
i love driving with the windows down its so refreshing, i only put them up if its cold, raining, or a girl asks me to .
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 05:46 PM
Mostly my front ones all the way down, if it's horibly hot outside A/C, with windows down for a few seconds then turn off A/C. I hardly roll my rear ones down, on occasions I do.
BTW, how are them "contour.org" decals after a while when the windows are rolled down occasionally, do they start to wear off? Because I'm considering getting some.
Mine haven't,
Where i park at work i generally have the windows cracked 2-3 inches. They are in the door right now
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 06:19 PM
Originally posted by mystique97:

BTW, how are them "contour.org" decals after a while when the windows are rolled down occasionally, do they start to wear off? Because I'm considering getting some.

My rear windows don't get rolled down alot but so far the decals have held up fine (on 2 different Contours). Mine are from parkedcar. His are first rate. As long as you clean the glass with alcohol, not Windex, and apply them properly you should have no problems at all.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 06:25 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

As long as you clean the glass with alcohol.

Just a rubbing alcohol then, like what's the best brand/kind to use?
re first rate.

Absolutly. All his vinyl is good quality, plus he is cool in person too
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 06:39 PM

As long as you clean the glass with alcohol.

Just a rubbing alcohol then, like what's the best brand/kind to use?

Just use regular rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. Make sure it's unscented. I keep a bottle in my garage for cleaning wax off the car for the decals and for the windows also. I also used it to clean spray adhesive off the backing plates of my hood pins when I mounted them. Just don't drink any of it.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 06:45 PM
Just use regular rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. Make sure it's unscented. I keep a bottle in my garage for cleaning wax off the car for the decals and for the windows also. I also used it to clean spray adhesive off the backing plates of my hood pins when I mounted them. Just don't drink any of it.

I'll make a note of that.
Good to know info. Thanks.
Posted By: DanMyers Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/13/05 07:20 PM
I hate using the A/C because of the power you can feel it sapping from the car. I never go more than 55 because of speed limits around here, so no problems associated with the drag from having them down, so unless it's winter or raining, all 4 windows are as down as they can go.
Posted By: rouar Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/14/05 03:32 AM
Favorite position: Front windows halfway down, forming an even line with the rear windows fully-down.

I am anti-A/C. It makes me cough. I rarely use it even on the highway. However, due to necessity I am a defroster/AC junkie in the winter - my windshield fogs up otherwise.

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/14/05 05:19 AM

Oh and as for windows? Down when cruising alone (hwy or not) and at least my window otherwise.
Posted By: richs_dup1 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/15/05 01:26 AM
All windows all the way down and the volumne all the up.

Rich S
Posted By: Big_B Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/15/05 09:00 PM
Hey guys, don't knock this post, there is more to rolling down windows than you think.

The problem with only rolling down the front windows is that you get too much wind blowing in to your face. Once you open the back windows you get a better circulation as the air can enter the front and then exit the back. It makes for a more comfortable driving experience. Opening the sunroof helps, but not enough. You really need to atleast crack those back windows.

I'm all about the 5% tint and rolling the windows down about 3 inches in both the front and back (always have to be rolled down equally or it bothers me). Just enough to make people try to peak over and see who is driving.

Posted By: Rogue5_jm Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/16/05 02:32 AM
lol, I guess I'm the odd ball. I keep my windows up most of the time, with careful control on the A/C. I don't know, maybe I like to feel seperated from the outside world.

I'd boom the speakers but former owner didn't get the new stereo set done right, so they've been getting worse and worse... that's something to be done later.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/16/05 04:45 AM
Originally posted by richs:
All windows all the way down and the volumne all the up.

Rich S

Hell yeah! That's the only way I do it.

I absolutely hate windows up. Extremely boring.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/16/05 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Rogue5_jm:
lol, I guess I'm the odd ball. I keep my windows up most of the time, with careful control on the A/C. I don't know, maybe I like to feel seperated from the outside world.

I'd boom the speakers but former owner didn't get the new stereo set done right, so they've been getting worse and worse... that's something to be done later.

Josh you *are* the oddball. The only reason you don't drive with the windows down is because your A/C doesn't make as big of an impact as mine does on performance. I could tell. I drive with mine down all the way with no A/C. I hate the performance loss, mainly due to my around-town-only driving habits. When on Hiway A/C b on, or in winter. Rainstorms usually don't stop me from rolling with windows down. But then, I live in Central Texas. Doesn't happen much lately.:D
A trick I use at Highway speeds is to Open the Sun Roof to Vent, and roll down the Back Passenger Window. You'll get a nice breeze across your face (Driver), with less noise then all windows down.

I only use A/C when its Hot and Humid, or with multiple people in the car. Its easier to have a conversation with A/C on.
Posted By: dbateman Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/26/05 08:36 PM
Ok we're getting really granular in our discussions here, but I put my driver's window down 2/3 or all the way, and the back driver's side window all the way down. That seems to blow less than just having the front driver's window down. Also helps to have my left arm on the window sill.

If I just put the driver's window down I get that annoying blast of air diagonally up from the side, and I've got longish hair.

Posted By: Mack Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/26/05 09:31 PM
I lower them all the way, ALL OF THEM!

Btw, what's AC? I don't think I ever used it in my life. Windows are there for.. well they're there.

Also, hi everyone. Nice meeting you all.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/26/05 10:30 PM
Mine are always down all the way other than winter and rain. And always up all the way when my girl is in the car sacrifices...
mine is always down except when its raining
"I don't think I ever used it(a/c) in my life"
Mack your defroster uses the A/C to dry the air.
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/27/05 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Favorite position: halfway down, forming an even line with the rear

It makes me cough. However, due to necessity I am a junkie in the winter

Editing posts can be fun! *kinky*

As for me, as mentioned above, just crack your right rear about 1" and open your sunroof all the way, you get excellent airflow with no noise. Its how I survived 2 Texas summers before finally getting a new condensor.
Posted By: GoldenTour Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/27/05 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

Oh and as for windows? Down when cruising alone (hwy or not) and at least my window otherwise.

hahahha!!
I never thought i could be a Model for LEGO's
Posted By: Mack Re: How much do you lower your windows? - 07/28/05 06:21 PM
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
"I don't think I ever used it(a/c) in my life"
Mack your defroster uses the A/C to dry the air.

This is true, I didn't think of that. I only thought of the actual cold AC. Plus I use heat in the winter. So I stand corrected.
© CEG Archives