Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Woodencross WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/23/05 11:12 PM
Check out the shipping cost...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7982364214&category=33642

Everyone of his items are like that...EEK!!
must be lined with mink insulation or something...10 grand to ship a door panel seems just a tad pricey
sounds like hes trying to fool the bidder and hope since they are in an "agreement", theyll pay.
Posted By: TGO Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/24/05 12:19 AM
could be a type for 99.99

I don't care what ebay's rules state, if indeed i was suckered into that there's no way in hell i would pay.
Posted By: chongo Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/24/05 01:06 AM
He/she wants $10,000 for the car and isn't going to get it. So instead he/she says the shipping
is the price he/she wants to sell for. That way a no reserve auction can be haggled on down to the real price
after winning bid of .01. Seen this many times, some as high as $30,000.00 for shipping.
Posted By: TGO Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/24/05 01:27 AM
you're aware the auction is for a door panel right??
Posted By: chongo Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/24/05 02:08 AM
Originally posted by TGO:

Yup the $30,000 shipping I've seen was for floor mats or a carpet can't remember which.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/24/05 05:00 AM
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
Check out the shipping cost...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7982364214&category=33642

Everyone of his items are like that...EEK!!

UPDATE UPDATE

I emailed the guy and this was his response....

Quote:

Hello:

That is not an auction and no one is supposed to place a bid on it. As I said in the listing if you need a part out of this car check our Ebay store and if you can not find the item you are looking for with a buyit now listing email us with a fair offer and we will take it from there. thanks

Hope no idiot out there tries and bids on these things...
so what, it's just an ad?
Posted By: TGO Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/24/05 04:34 PM
Originally posted by chongo:
Originally posted by TGO:

Yup the $30,000 shipping I've seen was for floor mats or a carpet can't remember which.

I see. I still don't understand how they intend to sucker someone into buying a car...the auction being a fraud from the get go would void any agreements anyway.
Posted By: JB1 Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/24/05 04:39 PM
whatever it was it is gone now
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: WOW!!! Never knew it cost so much!!! - 06/25/05 01:04 AM
the ebay police caught up with him and removed the item
© CEG Archives