Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: chavezx2 Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 06:01 AM
i still dont have my lights! its been months since i sent them out and i still dont have them. i sent them out in FEB and i still dont have them. i have very little if any communication with him and he doesnt answer PMs or phone calls. when i first got into contact with him about painting my lights the feedback was almost instant id ask a question and he would answer right back if not a couple hours later, but it seems like as of late he is not concerned or even interested in getting done what hes already been paid to do. when i first sent the lights out to him i asked him to let me know as soon as he got them so that i could be sure that they got there ok. about a week later he let me know that he had them and that he would be painting them that week and have them back to me asap. about 2 weeks later i pm him to ask whats going on and he says he doesnt have my lights. that he mistakenly thought someone eleses lights were mine. so i go to the post office to find out what happened and they say a notice was left at his door 2 1/2 weeks ago stating that he needed to go pick them up at the post office. so i call him and tell him that. then he pms me to let me know that he has them and that he is sorry for the delay he says that he will be painting them that week and will try to get them back to me by the weekend. 2 weeks passes so i pm him asking for pics or at least an update what i get is him saying that he isnt finished and he is just getting ready to paint them. he tells me he has been buisy as well as had dental surgery but that he is sorry for the delay and since i have been so patient that he will paint the outside edges of my lights a service that costs an extra $40 for free and that he should be done with them that thursday and get them out to me. so that week passes and nothing mean while im seeing pictures of this guys car at the Fabulous Fords Forever show at KNOTTS and i still dont have my lights. so i pm him asking what s going on with my lights over in the common intrest forum he replies back that my lights are done and that he will be delivering them to me this weekened april 30 or may 1 so here i am on may 1 at 11pm and i still dont have my lights. i dont know what else to do about this ive tried to be polite and keep this thing private and in the PMs but thats gotten me no where. im not sure realy what else to do and i was hoping maybe some one on the board could help me out as to what i can do short of going to the Sherrifs office and filing a report.
thanks for the help and any info you can provide
&
thanks to all of you that took the time to read this long ass post.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 06:08 AM
Damn!! Thats a long ass post!! I have read your other post in here about the situation your in. I don't know the guy personally, but if anyone here does they should tell this guy whats up. I think you've waited long enough and I would go ahead and try small legal action. Contacting police and having them get in touch with this guy might wake him up a little bit. I understand if he has had some small medical problems but he shouldn't be promising things he can't fulfill (at least for the time being) You SHOULD be mad. I wish you luck in getting this all settled.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 06:13 AM
i realy do appreciate the support. one of the thing that is pissing me off is that every time i PM dan i request a read receipt so that i know if hes reaading his PMs or not. well every time i send him one it comes back read. so hes getting them hes just not bothering to get back into contact.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 06:17 AM
Originally posted by chavezx2:
mean while im seeing pictures of this guys car at the Fabulous Fords Forever show at KNOTTS and i still dont have my lights.

oops, my bad.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 06:18 AM
im not the only one that has a problem with DAN there are a few other CEG members that have PMed me to let me know that im not alone but ill let them post for themselves.
ive also kept every pm dan has sent to me so if anyone needs proof (i.e. other members, moderators, or the Sheriffs office) i have it!
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 06:25 AM
In your last thread, didn't someone mention having his phone number? I'd tell them what's happening and get ahole of this guy. Keep calling until he answers.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 06:41 AM
Yes I am one of those other CEG'ers that has paid Dan (ContourSVT98) to do something for me. Chavezx2 and I have been PM'ing eachother back and forth seeing if either has received their goods. He is making me a Saleen prodution number decal for my front bumper.And as stated in Chavezx2's first post, that is EXACTLY how my situation has been as well. At first he would reply to my PM's with in minutes. Now he hasent responded to the last few I've sent (he reads them but no responce.I to have read reciepts). I mailed him my money order on March31st and still no decal. He made a post in the CI forum and showed a pic of the decal which I said how it looks great except for the #7 (it looks out of place and disproportional compaired to the other digets. It is alot skinnier and it has a weird bend in it. I also posted a link as to what I believe the correct shape is supposed to be). Ironically in his post he didnt say if he has mailed my decal yet or not. So Im still waiting 5 days after his post, 35 days after I sent my $. The best part about it is I will probably receive it 3 weeks from now, if at all, and it won;t be done right. I feel bad for Chavezx2 since his project is costing more than mine. I realize this is only a $15 dollar part but $ is $. Plus this takes what 1 hour to make if that? There are other Ceg'ers making these (was just informed) for less than half that amount, and the turn around time was like 4-5 days. Im trying to be as civil as possible and belive I have been all along. I just want what I have paid for as do the others. I was told he was doing mine when he was doing his for the car show that he was going to in mid April. Im still waiting. He says he's so busy but he's going to car shows. This makes me question just how busy.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 12:44 PM
Well he most likely just lost my business, Damn whos gonna paint my headlights now!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Well he most likely just lost my business, Damn whos gonna paint my headlights now!

How about you ya bum?!?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 12:51 PM
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
..There are other Ceg'ers making these (was just informed) for less than half that amount, and the turn around time was like 4-5 days...

they do a dammn good job too, I'll PM u a picture
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 04:27 PM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
In your last thread, didn't someone mention having his phone number? I'd tell them what's happening and get ahole of this guy. Keep calling until he answers.

ive tried that. he says he works nights so he cant hear the phone ring during the day. but ive left him a voice mail every time ive called and hes never called back. whats up with that?
i totally understand that he has a life outside of this board and outside of his car but so do i and so do all of us. no one should have to track someone else down to do something that they have been paid to do.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 10:13 PM
has anyone else been able to get a hold of him?
i know he has a few friends on this board that have been trying to help the situation out. but im not sure if anyone has gotten into contact with him.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 11:02 PM
There is a fellow CEG'r in contact with ContourSVT98. Letting him know about the current talks on this board regarding his business ethics. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. If he makes no attempt to contact anyone within this work week...then I'd suggest doing what you have to do to get this handled. By any LEGAL means necessary.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/02/05 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
..There are other Ceg'ers making these (was just informed) for less than half that amount, and the turn around time was like 4-5 days...

they do a dammn good job too, I'll PM u a picture

Like who??? If you've got a name, I want to know.

I'm in the same boat as the above posters. I sent my lights to Dan over 2 months ago and have nothing to show for it except grief and anger. He's taken a good set of headlights and my money and I've got squat. I've PM'd him numerous times and been answered about half the time. I've tried to be concerned, understanding, pissed off, and nothing seems to help. He even posted a picture of what he said were my lights, not quite finished, but I still haven't seen anything. I'm now looking at having to buy another set of headlights cause the ones I've been using are left over from an accident in 12/03. They're both frosted over and one is being held in place with duct tape. If "my csvt" or "aspire" (whom I understand are his friends) can do anything to get Dan off the pot, it would be extremely appreciated. I'm at the end of my rope and will soon be investigating legal means to retrieve my lights if I don't hear something soon. I really hate having to do this but I don't know what else to do.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 08:44 AM
and i still havent heard from him. this sucks! you would think this would get his attention. there are quite a few people who are unhappy with this guy.
Posted By: Augi Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 10:51 AM
Your post probably just sent him into hiding meaning he wont try this with anyone else on this forum. he already lost my business.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 06:11 PM
he wont be hiding very long once the authorities get involved. The problem is very easily remedied. If the product for some reason cant be/isn't produced then refund the $. If not then thats where the authorities come into play. Theft is theft.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 06:19 PM
he wont be hiding very long once the authorities get involved. The problem is very easily remedied. If the product for some reason cant be/isn't produced then refund the $. If not then thats where the authorities come into play. Theft is theft.

its really sad when it has to come down to this but I agree with you 100%
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 06:38 PM
i spoke with a sheriffs deputy that lives next door to me yesterday. he advised me file a report at my local sheriffs station to start the ball rolling. he said the first thing that will happen is that a deputy will visit dan at home or at his place of work to remind him or make him aware of the situation and allow him some time to fix it. the thing is he said if i file this report it will stick with dan for a couple years. so any time he gets pulled over or has any kind of run in with law enforcement this report will show up when they reference his name. i realy dont want to do that to dan i can see that maybe hes a good guy who just got over his head with work. but all most of us are asking is some kind of communication. hopefully someone has let dan know about this situation. if this isnt resolved within this work week ill be down to the station first thing saturday morning.
Posted By: John P_dup1 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 06:51 PM
Has anyone actually called him or left a voice mail (that he apparently checks but does not often reply to) that they are moving to legal action?

That might be the poke he needs to get his rear in gear and tell you all what's going on.

Just a thought. I hope this works out for you guys.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 08:12 PM
No joke.. Give him a call and tell his ass whatsup.. When he hears the sh!tty tone in your voice, he'll most likely pull his head out of his butt and call you back.. Believe me, I do collections for a living.. It also helps that I have a really intimidating voice and know how to make people to fork over the money, or the headlights in this case.. Give him a call and leave him a message, telling him you're giving him until X-date before you start to pursue him legally..

Mark
Posted By: absoluteSVT98 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 11:49 PM
Hmmm, i had contacted dan about the headlight mod the last week of April (4-22-05) and he replied back the next day telling me price and how long it will take. I am kind of glad i did not send them to him.
EDIT; Glad things are taken care of now...those look so nice
Posted By: ContourSVT98 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/03/05 11:51 PM
Yo! Im here Im here.

Its all my bad. My apologies to many of you for waiting this long. I have been working graveyard shift with overtime like crazy for these past couple of months. My sleeping schedule been out of control and taking care of my 3 small kids at the same time. Many of you have been waitin for months or weeks but should have most of them done this week. Yes, there are other CEG members who can do the job for a bit less than me but from what Ive seen the quality isnt near comparing what I do. Besides all this I aint doing or taking another order! I cant do everything in my life that fast. I hope you all forgive me for this. Heres a photo of WA2TUFF headlights I just finished off. Check out especially the black painted edges on the lenses. This is something new no one ever done before.

-dan

Posted By: svt4stv Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/04/05 12:07 AM
damn those look good! those will look gooood on your car way2tuff. long wait but hopefully worth it.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/04/05 03:17 AM
Dan those headlights look amazing I wish I had the money to get you to do my headlights.

Aaron
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/05/05 02:18 AM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
damn those look good! those will look gooood on your car way2tuff. long wait but hopefully worth it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/05/05 02:44 AM
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:

Besides all this I aint doing or taking another order!
-dan

Originally posted by NVS SVT:
Dan those headlights look amazing I wish I had the money to get you to do my headlights.

Aaron

reading is fundamental

its really sad that so many have to threaten legal action on this site to get what they pay for...maybe folks offering services on here should offer to do no more than 2 projects at a time and not accept anymore offers until those are completed and shipped...personally i trust very few to provide services hard-earned money is spent on
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/05/05 10:00 PM
Those look sweet!! cant wait for mine as well
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/07/05 05:50 AM
ok so about 3 days since i was PMed and told that my lights were "quite done" and that they were packed up and ready to be delivered i get a call from dan saying "im painting your lights now and the chrome has started to peel im just going to paint it" i was cool with that. but i had to ask myself why he was just painting them when 3 days before he had said they were done and ready to be delivered. they were supposed to be at my house thursday delivered by dan himself. then friday morning. here it is friday 11pm and still no lights. then i get a pm asking what my address is so he can come up and deliver them. here is my reply:

i wont be home at all Saturday so dont come up on that day. but i will be around on sunday. i realy dont want the lights left outside my door for the whole world to see so its better if im there to pick them up. what would actually be best is if you would just mail them to me with insurance and tracking. i added $15 to the total of the lights so that they could be shipped back to me. i appreciate you trying to drop them off but this is becoming more of a problem then a solution. it would be better if you just used my $15 to send them in the mail with insureance and tracking!

thanks again
Luis

if anyone thinks im wrong let me know!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/07/05 06:22 AM

i wont be home at all Saturday so dont come up on that day. but i will be around on sunday. what would actually be best is if you would just mail them to me with insurance and tracking. i added $15 to the total of the lights so that they could be shipped back to me. i appreciate you trying to drop them off but this is becoming more of a problem then a solution. it would be better if you just used my $15 to send them in the mail with insureance and tracking!

thanks again
Luis

if anyone thinks im wrong let me know!

I would rather have had him come to my house personally on Sunday. Dan told me that he sent mine out on Wednesday, the 4th. He was good enough to provide me with a USPS tracking number. However, this is what I saw when I went to check it: "Tracking service has not been purchased for this item." I'm hoping the number is legit and he simply didn't buy the service. Course, after all that's transpired, if it were me, I would have wanted my customer to be able to check the progress of his shipment. Delays and uncertainties are why this thread got started in the first place.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/07/05 03:02 PM
he probably gave you the "tracking" number off the insurance ticket. that isn't even a tracking number although some boobs at the post office call it that. it can only be "tracked" if a claim is made. The only "tracking" the post office has is with Signature Confirmation (maybe delivery confirmation too) which most people dont know about or use. its not even a real tracking number though most boobs call it that because theyre too lazy to explain. i use this service daily. the signature confirmation tracking# only tells you when it was shipped and when it arrived, unlike ups which tells you where the driver stopped to eat his lunch.

so basically, im betting the number is for insurance and isnt trackable.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/08/05 06:07 PM
Dan sent me a PM last week saying that my decal would be sent out last week and he'd PM me w/ a pic of it to make sure Im happy w/ it. I havent received a PM of a pic of it nor the decal so I dont know how the process is coming on his end. Still waiting
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/08/05 09:57 PM
he probably gave you the "tracking" number off the insurance ticket. that isn't even a tracking number although some boobs at the post office call it that. it can only be "tracked" if a claim is made. The only "tracking" the post office has is with Signature Confirmation (maybe delivery confirmation too) which most people dont know about or use. its not even a real tracking number though most boobs call it that because theyre too lazy to explain. i use this service daily. the signature confirmation tracking# only tells you when it was shipped and when it arrived, unlike ups which tells you where the driver stopped to eat his lunch.

so basically, im betting the number is for insurance and isnt trackable.

I'm just hoping it's legitimate and not from a package he shipped to someone else. Sorry for being so cynical but...can you blame me?
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/09/05 07:37 AM
so dan is now saying that he is going to send my lights out by mail monday morning. i asked him to add insurance to the package as well as package tracking. hopefully he does so. i still dont have my lights and it sucks!
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/09/05 07:28 PM
wasnt able to get a hold of dan all weekend. he is supposed to be sending my lights out today. the following is a PM i just sent to him to make sure hes doing what he said:

just making sure that you sent the lights out today. you did right? id like to get a tracking number so i can be sure of the delivery. please get back to me TODAY so that i know the lights were sent out. i will be giving you a call on both your cell and home numbers in just a few seconds so that i can be sure you get this message and so that i can be sure that you sent out my lights today(monday may 9th).
thanks again
Luis

ill post his reply when i get it.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/09/05 07:38 PM
just called dan on both his cell and home phones. i left messages for him on both. if i dont get a call back from him by 4pm ill be calling him again. it sucks that i have to babysit like this but i guess this is what i have to do if i want to get my lights back. this realy isnt even worth the money i spent on the lights.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/09/05 10:36 PM
just received a "Read Receipt" from the PM that i sent to dan this morning regarding my lights. but i have not had any calls on either my cell phone or my home phone. and when i get a call both phone will list the number of the person who called so i know he didnt call and not leave a message because his number isnt listed on either phone as an incoming call. i am going to give him a call in a few minutes on both his cell and home numbers to see whats going on.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/09/05 10:44 PM
just called dan again on both his cell and home numbers. left a message on both. havent had a call back or a PM. as soon as i finish this post i will be contacting my local sherrifs office. sorry dan but this has gotten out of hand and im tired of having o track you down.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/09/05 11:08 PM
ok just got off the phone with the sherrifs department spoke with deputy wilson. she said that i could go down to the office and file a report with them. she said this would be considered theft because dan has already cashed the check for $150 and hasnt returned the headlights. she said that once the report is filed a deputy will be dispatched to dans house or at least the the address that i sent the lights to. the deputy will either confiscate my lights and return them or place dan under arrest until he can either replace the money and the lights or give me the product that i paid for.

im giving dan until friday for the lights to be here at my house. not in the mail not on their way but at MY HOUSE. if they are not at my house by friday i will go down to the sherrifs office early saturday morning to file this report. im not playing around with PMs or phone tag. get those lights sent out or get a visit from the authorities.

i didnt want it to come to this but it seems that dan isnt taking me serious so maybe he will take someone with a badge and handcuffs a little bit more seriously.
Luis
may 9th 2005
4:15pm
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/09/05 11:55 PM
I stand behind your decision 100% chavezx2. I wish you luck in getting all of this resolved the best way it can in favor of you.

-Joe
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 02:18 AM
Man, i hope it doesnt get to this to get my lights I have a problem with authority
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 03:28 AM
Does this mean Dan has your lights too? I got a PM from Dan tonight around 8:30PM my time (I think 5:30PM his time) asking if my lights have arrived yet. Sorry to say, the answer of course, is NO. If I don't have mine by Friday, I'll have to follow chavezx2's lead. Sorry to say this, but we have done everything possible to avoid this type of solution.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 08:41 AM
he gave me call late last night to let me know that he sent the lights out but the tracking number he sent shows no tracking service was purchased. so i guess we will see. if i dont get them by friday im going to have to contact the sherrifs. i still do think this is an option because dan has said that he sent the lights out but i have no way of knowing for sure.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 12:13 PM
Man, i really want my headlights painted. Why did this have to go so bad!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 12:44 PM
Got another PM last night from Dan reassuring me that I should have my lights by today or tomorrow. We've got a few more days, then the authorities will be involved. Too bad, hope he's being on the level with us this time.
Posted By: ContourSVT98 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 01:56 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Like I said to the both of you I have already sent them. I wanted to drop off in person the headlights myself to Luis last Sat (chavezx2) but he insisted not to. His loss for the delay. I even didnt charge him that other $25 to get the edges painted black. That required a lot of masking. I promise myself not to be involve with anything to anyone in this forum ever again. Ill keep my talents and works to myself.

-dan
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 02:00 PM
I promise myself not to be involve with anything to anyone in this forum ever again. Ill keep my talents and works to myself.

-dan

Damnit!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 02:24 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I promise myself not to be involve with anything to anyone in this forum ever again. Ill keep my talents and works to myself.

-dan

Damnit!

Robert,
Would you honestly want to do business with someone with that attitude? I'll take a BIG pass on that!

Dan,
if you haven't noticed, there are SEVERAL people on this site that are willing to do work for other CEG'ers(ie: Stazi, Rick, Pole120, etc etc etc). I don't recall one instance where people had to even THINK about contacting the authorities. Nobody held a gun to your head and made you commit to so many people on the headlights, so if you aren't willing/able to give a daily update to the people that have paid you money, then I suggest you rethink your priorities.

Mark
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 09:28 PM
this is part of a PM that Dan sent to anouther CEG member who in turn sent it to me.

"You and Chavezx2 are overreacting over this. Chevezx2 has been filling up my voicemail inbox on my cell phone and at house every single day. That right there is a threat. Something is not right in his head."

so far i havent seen anyone post that i am over reacting. but i have seen numerous people post that dan is being very unprofessional. it isnt just me who has a problem with him and its not just the guys whos lights hes painting who have a problem with him. hes promised alot of people alot of things that he HAS NOT delivered on. not only that but DAN cashed our checks or money orders and then decided he didnt want to be bothered by us. for those of you that dont know this has gone on for much longer in PMs most of us tryed to keep dans name in the clear by using PMs but you can only receive so many Read Receipts from dan with no response before you take some kind of action.

as of last night i have a tracking number from dan that when entered into the USPS tracking system says "invalid tracking number" and im not the first whos received an invalid tracking number so who knows if he realy sent them out. the only so called threat that was made to dan was the involvement of the authorities if he didnt deliver my lights by friday and just to clarify this isnt a threat this is a PROMISE.
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 09:42 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Like I said to the both of you I have already sent them. I wanted to drop off in person the headlights myself to Luis last Sat (chavezx2) but he insisted not to. His loss for the delay. I even didnt charge him that other $25 to get the edges painted black. That required a lot of masking. I promise myself not to be involve with anything to anyone in this forum ever again. Ill keep my talents and works to myself.

-dan

you were supposed to drop my lights off 2 weekends ago but you didnt. then you were supposed to drop them off last thursday then it became last friday then last saturday then you called me to tell me that you were just painting them and needed to ask me a question. then you said you said you would be delivering them to me this past friday and nothing so i let you know that i wouldnt be home on saturday (due to the fact that i work on sundays i took my wife and daughter out to celebrate mothers day) i also suggested that you just mail them out to me since i payed you in advance for return shipping. so now finally on monday you say you sent them out. way to go way to be on the ball. YOU DIDNT PAINT THE EDGES OF MY LIGHTS FOR FREE OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF YOU HEART YOU DID IT BECAUSE YOU F*CKED UP AND DIDNT PICK MY LIGHTS UP FROM THE POST OFFICE FOR A MONTH YOU ASS!
this whole post was started to keep people from going to you with anything ever again. so for you to say your not going to ever offer a group buy is just stupid because you know no one wants to deal with this kind of stupidity! you arent a victim or the good guy here dan your reason for this whole situation. you dropped the ball and now you cant own up to it. why the CEG community would want someone who treats other members like this here is beyond me. i hope for your sake and mine that if and when my lights ever get here they are what i am expecting and paid for or this is going to get a whole lot worse!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 09:45 PM
Chevezx2 has been filling up my voicemail inbox on my cell phone and at house every single day.

And he never even thought ONCE to call you back . He's lucky all you did was leave voicemails. Him not returning my first voicemail would have pissed me off. Him not returning my second voicemail would have put me on his doorstep with my 36oz Easton

Mark
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/10/05 09:51 PM
just to clarify to everyone else in the CEG community. had dan kept in contact with me and let me know what the hell was going on i would have been cool. even for the smallest excuse i would have been cool. all i needed was a little assurance from him that i wasnt forgotten and that maybe he was a little behind but that he was on top of things. none of this would be going down. if i had any kind of contact from dan i would have allowed him all the time he needed. but i didnt get that all i got was a whole lot of unanswered Read Receipts. i apoligize to all of you who needed to witness this go down but i realy couldnt allow this to happen to me or anyone else for that matter. this isnt the way you should treat fellow board members especialy when youve already cashed their checks and spent their money!
Luis
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/11/05 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Chevezx2 has been filling up my voicemail inbox on my cell phone and at house every single day.

And he never even thought ONCE to call you back . He's lucky all you did was leave voicemails. Him not returning my first voicemail would have pissed me off. Him not returning my second voicemail would have put me on his doorstep with my 36oz Easton

Mark

Mark wanna bring your Easton to Souderton PA with me I have to take care of a CEGer there who cashed my $512US money order and never sent me my Baer Big Brake Kit

Aaron
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/11/05 01:50 PM

Mark

Mark wanna bring your Easton to Souderton PA with me I have to take care of a CEGer there who cashed my $512US money order and never sent me my Baer Big Brake Kit

Aaron

Consider it done! I'm hijacking this thread with my baseball bat, b!tches!!!

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/11/05 02:06 PM

Aaron

Pretty much drive 1200+ miles for that visit.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/11/05 02:26 PM

Mark

Aaron

Why wouldn't you put in a mail fraud report about something like that is beyond me!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/11/05 03:20 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Aaron

Pretty much drive 1200+ miles for that visit.

7.5hour road trip from my house to his, so I am considering doing the road trip. I can see the headlineds now "Crazy Canuck shows up at US mans door with a baseball bat:D"

Stazi I called the Police in his town and they said I had to go through my Police dept then they might get in touch with the Souderton Police. Driving there seems so much easier tho. I got proof that he signed for and cashed my money order along with the banks stamp.

Mark thanks for willing to come with the bat .

Aaron
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 02:38 AM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Does this mean Dan has your lights too?

Yes he does, i now understand how busy he is so ill try to be as patient as i can, but im nearing 2 1/2 months w/o headlights
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 03:10 AM
Originally posted by IWishIHadASVT:
Does this mean Dan has your lights too?

Yes he does, i now understand how busy he is so ill try to be as patient as i can, but im nearing 2 1/2 months w/o headlights

You've already been patient enough. As have I. Danny boy, another day down the toilet and no lights. If the mailman drives past my store and doesn't stop on Friday, the Feds are gonna be called. I'm past being patient. It's just too convenient that you use the USPS with a tracking number that can't be tracked, instead of UPS or Fedex with legitimate, trackable numbers.

2 days
Posted By: m!key Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 04:50 AM
usps does use tracking numbers. i just sent a set of lights to AZ through usps and i had a tracking number. something isnt smelling right around here.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 04:55 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
usps does use tracking numbers. i just sent a set of lights to AZ through usps and i had a tracking number. something isnt smelling right around here.

it isnt a true tracking system. which service did you get in order to get a tracking #?
i have investigated this thoroughly at the PO.
Posted By: m!key Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 05:02 AM
i am looking at the ticket right now in front of me. my lights were sent via priority mail service, and it has a "delivery confirmation number" which i tracked daily from the usps site. i dont know why this isnt a "true" tracking number. i can scan this ticket if you want, but i will have to block out the recipiants company name.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 05:14 AM
i use signature confirmation daily, which is the next step up from delivery confirmation (delivery conf w/ required signature). when you input the "tracking" # it only tells when it was shipped and when it was delivered. (or if sig conf, when it was signed for). that's all, nothing more, nothing less.

ups and fedex tracking systems tell you each time the package has entered a hub and then loaded onto a new truck. the usps system cant actually tell you where your package is right now. trust me. i have ordered stuff with usps "tracking" that was sent via parcel post from FL which takes about 2 weeks to arrive. all i knew was when the darn thing was shipped (ie accepted at the PO counter).

if Dan mailed these headlights back to these guys through parcel post it may take over a week to arrive and these guys wouldnt have a clue when that might be. of course, theyre saying the #s aren't working anyway.

-did you guys try the tracking #s in each available service usps has? they probably dont show up in a different service. of course, the number provided might have been for insurance, which isnt trackable until the package is deemed lost, which would be about another month. if he sent it via priority mail, it should arrive in 3 days, guaranteed! unless you live about 400 miles into the desert/woods by yourself. if he's trying to keep the shipping costs down, he probably didnt use priority, although it only costs a dollar or two more, in most cases. definitely with these headlights, being how light they are -no pun intended
Posted By: m!key Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 05:25 AM
these guys cant even tell if there was ever a package shipped. the usps tracking number would confirm an actual shipment of a package.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 05:46 AM
unless....

of course, the number provided might have been for insurance, which isnt trackable until the package is deemed lost, which would be about another month.

Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 08:40 AM
received my lights today. took alook at them and they seem to be in good condition. everything seems to be ok except that the passenger side light fogged up a little after i put them on the car. dont know if this is just a coincidence or if i have a major problem. i am greatfull to dan for getting them to me before i needed to contact any authorities, but i will never again pay up front for something to be done by another board member. this was the worst ordeal ive had dealing with message boards and or forums. i learned my lesson.
to dan i wish no ill will and i would like you to know that all i wanted was some communication and straight foward answers from your end and this whole situation could have been avoided. i wish you and you family nothing but the best.
to the rest of you who are waiting for any kind of product from dan i wish you luck. it seems that dan WILL get you your stuff its just a matter of when. thank you to everyone who helped my situation out.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 06:29 PM
Well Luis, as I said in my PM, I'm very glad you finally got your lights. Unfortunately, I haven't been so lucky yet. I hope for Danny boy's sake, mine show up real soon. At this point, I can certainly say I do not feel the same way towards Dan, and frankly, probably never will. I'm just plain pissed.

"to dan i wish no ill will and i would like you to know that all i wanted was some communication and straight foward answers from your end and this whole situation could have been avoided. i wish you and you family nothing but the best."
Posted By: chavezx2 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 07:43 PM
wa2tuff
i feel your pain bro, but ill stick with you until you get your lights. i have every PM dan ever sent to me so if need be you can show the authorities that this has been done to more than just you.
hopefully your lights are on their way. i think the CEG community should stand up and keep people like this in check. like i said ive known of forums who have threatened to have a person banned from the site for stuff like this.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/12/05 08:18 PM
Hey guys sorry I havent posted in a little while...I was pretty busy the last week. To catch everyone up, I still havent gotten my Saleen prodution # decal yet. I was supposed to recieve a PM from Dan w/ a pic of what it looks like proir to him sending it to make sure I was happy w/ it but I still havent received that either. Im in the same boat as Wa2tuff.....still waiting for my goods. Please post any updates that you have heard
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/13/05 05:35 PM
Well Dan, no lights again today. I'm not going to get into how I feel right now, suffice to say, it's a good thing I don't live in California. Your time is up, I'm going to get in touch with the authorities. I don't have to go to work on Monday until late, I'll be takin care of business Monday morning. That gives you 2 more days, after that, I'm gonna do all I can to put your (censored) in a sling.
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/13/05 07:07 PM
Ya sucks to say it but it looks like Im going to have to join Wa2tuff with getting in contact with the authorities. Its pretty sad when it has to come down to this over something that takes such a short time to do (my decal).

Wa2tuff I'm with you on this bud. Im going to send you a PM as soon as I post this to arrange the the details of getting ahold of the authorities and getting this problem solved.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/14/05 04:26 PM
Well Dan, no lights again today. I'm not going to get into how I feel right now, suffice to say, it's a good thing I don't live in California. Your time is up, I'm going to get in touch with the authorities. I don't have to go to work on Monday until late, I'll be takin care of business Monday morning. That gives you 2 more days, after that, I'm gonna do all I can to put your (censored) in a sling.

Well Dan, it seems the USPS has decided to save your sorry ass. I got the lights today, freakin FINALLY, it's been 3 months since I sent my lights. I'm grateful that I finally got them back and so far, they seem to be alright. I must admit that they do look good, too. Course after 3 months, they better look good. I still can't believe you sent them regular parcel post---as cheap as you can get away with. After all you put us through, you pick the cheapest and slowest method of shipping you can.....you are such a ----head. Unbelieveable. As far as other people wanting you to do their lights for them, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm glad to be done with you.

However, there's at least 2 more people you have to deal with. You still own mygameisplatnum and IWishIHadASVT. We're all sticking together on this and if you think for one minute you're getting away with this, you are very mistaken. We all have all the PM's and receipts for payments made. It would appear that your time is rapidly running out. Do what you've been paid to do...if not, phones are gonna be ringing. (Including where you work.)

You could have gone without all this drama by simply keeping the lines of communication open, being truthful with us, and not trying to do too much at one time. You have no sense of responsibility whatsoever. Blaming others for your own shortcomings is not the way to become a man. You need to grow up and stop screwing people around you. You may be a real nice guy, but you sure as hell didn't prove it by me or the others you sucked in. (BTW, I bet there are people in your family that would like to know how much we really paid you.)
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/17/05 03:28 AM
Well Dan De La Torre, todays Monday and like I said Monday was the day. I told you I'm done playing games. I notified my grandfather who is the former National F.O.P President. Dan if your not sure what F.O.P stands for its Fraternal Order of Police. And yes that means the National President of the police force in the country. Just to catch you up to speed, The Fraternal Order of Police is the world's largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers, with more than 318,000 members in more than 2,100 lodges. My grandfather has more connections than anyone I've ever heard of. He's been invited to more private dinners at the White House by more Presidents than you can fathem. When I mean business I mean business. You have stolen money from me and commited mail fraud and I will make sure to see to it that justice is paid. If you think you can sit at home and wait this out your sorely mistaken, for I have already started the corrective action.

I have been civil for way to long and you have more than tested my patience. My decal product would take the least amount of time to make (an hour if that)but you still have not produced it after over a month and a half. Well times up for you. My grandfather has contacted the authorities in Costa Mesa and they are already performing an extensive background check on you. I hope your not hiding anything more for your sake b/c belive me it will be dug up and they already have you by the balls for theft and mail fraud. Once the background check is completed the authorites will show up at your place of residence and work and take apropriate action.

Your time is running out...no thats too generous, you can start counting down the HOURS untill the authorites show up on your doorstep. If I do not receive my product or a refund Money Order of the amount I sent you LIKE YESTURDAY, I will not think twice nor hesitate to give the word for your arrest.

I will end this by saying "overnight express mail" is your only and last chance to save your own ass. The clock is ticking.

Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/17/05 03:31 AM
ahhhhhhh does this mean im not getting my lights if hes in jail???
Posted By: SAV Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/17/05 03:49 AM
Originally posted by IWishIHadASVT:
ahhhhhhh does this mean im not getting my lights if hes in jail???

I'm really sorry about your situation, but this came across to me as a little funny.

-SAV
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/17/05 05:07 AM
My talents elsewhere...this guy is a doosh.
Posted By: ContourSVT98 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/18/05 04:51 AM
hey Im here again. Yes, Im the bad guy here. Sorry. Im glad wa2tuff got your lights. I was told by the post office you should get your package in 5 days! I guess I was lied and ripped off that UPS only charged me by half! I made a mistake by sending them through USPS. I wouldnt ship through them anymore. Ive been gone for a week because of a funeral and other business to take care of in Mexico. Just happened so quickly. GOing to send whatever I have left out tmrw morning. Selling my CSVT soon too in fact!

-dan
Posted By: Antonio Wright_dup1 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/19/05 12:22 AM
Well Dan De La Torre, todays Monday and like I said Monday was the day. I told you I'm done playing games. I notified my grandfather who is the former National F.O.P President. Dan if your not sure what F.O.P stands for its Fraternal Order of Police. And yes that means the National President of the police force in the country. Just to catch you up to speed, The Fraternal Order of Police is the world's largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers, with more than 318,000 members in more than 2,100 lodges. My grandfather has more connections than anyone I've ever heard of. He's been invited to more private dinners at the White House by more Presidents than you can fathem. When I mean business I mean business. You have stolen money from me and commited mail fraud and I will make sure to see to it that justice is paid. If you think you can sit at home and wait this out your sorely mistaken, for I have already started the corrective action.

I have been civil for way to long and you have more than tested my patience. My decal product would take the least amount of time to make (an hour if that)but you still have not produced it after over a month and a half. Well times up for you. My grandfather has contacted the authorities in Costa Mesa and they are already performing an extensive background check on you. I hope your not hiding anything more for your sake b/c belive me it will be dug up and they already have you by the balls for theft and mail fraud. Once the background check is completed the authorites will show up at your place of residence and work and take apropriate action.

Your time is running out...no thats too generous, you can start counting down the HOURS untill the authorites show up on your doorstep. If I do not receive my product or a refund Money Order of the amount I sent you LIKE YESTURDAY, I will not think twice nor hesitate to give the word for your arrest.

I will end this by saying "overnight express mail" is your only and last chance to save your own ass. The clock is ticking.

Comical, just comical.

CEG scamming 4tw!
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/19/05 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

Comical, just comical.

CEG scamming 4tw!

4tw?
Posted By: Kamin Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/21/05 03:46 PM

Aaron

Hmmm...I live fifteen minutes from there... And I have an Easton too
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/21/05 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Kamin:

Aaron

Hmmm...I live fifteen minutes from there... And I have an Easton too

HMMMMM I might just have to get you to go by and pay him a visit for me.

Aaron
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/25/05 03:21 AM
Been a week since dan said lights were ready to go tommorow? Just wondering the time frame??
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/25/05 03:39 AM

Comical, just comical.

CEG scamming 4tw!

You weren't screwed with by Dan, you weren't without your headlights for 3 months, you weren't involved with this in any way so if you think this whole thing is funny, you're an ass. Keep your inane comments to yourself.
Posted By: JB1 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/25/05 04:47 AM
what is 4tw?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/25/05 04:51 AM
Forum Rules
7. If you have a problem with someone on the forums, please do not air it publicly. Take it off line via email, PM.s (personal message) or IM.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/25/05 03:28 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Forum Rules
7. If you have a problem with someone on the forums, please do not air it publicly. Take it off line via email, PM.s (personal message) or IM.

OK, sorry. BTW, you gonna be at Carlisle this year?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/25/05 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Forum Rules

OK, sorry. BTW, you gonna be at Carlisle this year?

Not a problem bud. Just trying to be fair in implementing the rules.

I will be at Carlisle. I might be the lone Cap CEG representative this year with my half apart SVT.

Look forward to seeing you there.
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 05/30/05 02:49 PM
Ok, ive been very patient due to the fact that even IF i had my lights i still wouldnt be driving it due to the body kit being installed/painted, but i am approaching 4 MONTHS you have had my lights. The countless # of PM's saying almost done shipping out "tomorrow" or "monday". Like i was getting at earlier my kit is now painted and all i need to drive it w/o people starring at me IS MY HEADLIGHTS!! my patience is out the window now, June 7th no lights=authorities called. I have not driven my car since Sept '04!!!!
Posted By: Antonio Wright_dup1 Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 06/01/05 12:02 AM

Comical, just comical.

CEG scamming 4tw!

You weren't screwed with by Dan, you weren't without your headlights for 3 months, you weren't involved with this in any way so if you think this whole thing is funny, you're an ass. Keep your inane comments to yourself.

Who is the ass? The dude making threats over the internet or the guy rolling in a christmas themed SVT?

Things that make you go, hmmm...
Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: Trouble With ContourSVT98 - 06/01/05 02:33 AM
Tropic green is christmas themed?? i think it looks bad A$$!!
© CEG Archives