Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:11 AM
So, today I helped out a few fellow CEG'ers. First, I went to Bill's place (starjamir- he lives 1.5hours away from me). I did the following:

Cleaned his Upper and lower Intake
Replaced his spark Plugs
Replaced his wires
Replaced his fuel filter

WHile I was there, Robert (Rawburt) showed up and I:

Cleaned his Upper and Lower Intake
Made fun of his bendy antenna and checked out his new rims

After my 2 hour stay at bills house, I went to jared (aliasJerk- 3 hours away from me) While I was there, I:

Did a proffesional install of an amp and sub, worked excellent.. now he's bumpin!!

Then, on my way home, a little old lady in a teal 96 mystique was on the side of the freeway with a flat tire... so, I

stopped and put her spare on.
She checked out my ride, too.. which was funny, but cool. I even dropped the contour.org on her... we'll see if her 60 year old self shows up here.

WHile on the side of the road, she jokingly said, "wanna race!?"... I thought that was f-in' hilarious. Mrs. Jamson... you are the bomb!!

Phew... I've seen too many tours/mystiques today. All in a days work....
Posted By: Woodencross Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:15 AM
You were all over the place...
Posted By: RawBurt Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:54 AM
Originally posted by LilStripedRocket:

Yeah did you like how it almost got closed in the trunk!
HUrry the hell up and give me yours!

(aliasJerk- 3 hours away from me)

What were you going 25 MPH the whole way there?

Posted By: ContourMike Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:56 AM
what a nice guy...you should come to South dakota and do some maintence work on my contour. haha jk
mike
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:58 AM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Yeah did you like how it almost got closed in the trunk!
HUrry the hell up and give me yours!

(aliasJerk- 3 hours away from me)

What were you going 25 MPH the whole way there?

WEll.. that included my 30 minute stop for the old lady, i-75 consturction and up north traffic.. yep, 2hours 48 minutes total time.

My girlfriend loved your antenna ball story.,

I'm so nice.. I didn't even ask for $$$$... just a handshake and an increase in "likedness"
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:05 AM
wanna come to my house next time and help me clean my stuff, huh huh, do ya? I only live by novi and livonia near stazi almost
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:08 AM
Originally posted by judis:
wanna come to my house next time and help me clean my stuff, huh huh, do ya? I only live by novi and livonia near stazi almost

You have the amazing Stazi near you.. have him do it... he's lazy. However, if you can make him not be lazy, you'll have to wait about a month before I have some free time (I've ogt finals, overtime work, and SZ05 coming up for MAY.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:08 AM
My girlfriend loved your antenna ball story.,

I swear it always gets stuck in the trunk. That one particular time, the ball fell off!

I'm so nice.. I didn't even ask for $$$$... just a handshake and an increase in "likedness"

I hooked you up when you came out to my place. But yeah, thats awesome that you are willing to give a helping hand like that!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:10 AM
I froze my b-zalls off clearing your corners and changin that serp belt.. and beating your wheel off. Some coin was apreciated, but not required then. However, not in the nice sunny weather though.. I love gettin out and chattin it up with you guys.. makes the work worth it.

Edit:

Bills Dad is the [censored]!! That guy is totally awesome.
Posted By: starjammir Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:10 AM
THANKS CHAD!! You rock!! The car runs good now...no more miss ..how did u like driving the auto??
Thanks again to Rawburt for his mod on my car too I O you guys!!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:12 AM
Totally diffrent. I liked it, though. I could see myself buying another tour with an auto as a winter beater. How'd the lights go? Did rob actually do something??
Posted By: starjammir Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:13 AM
LOL he did them all and did an awesome clean install job...a typical robert thing...get it done and leave me with all the mess to clean up Just let me know when I can detail your cars
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:13 AM
Seems like you had a productive day! haha you nice man you helped a little old lady! haha I probably would have pulled over too.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:15 AM
Sweet. I'll let you detail it while I'm riding jet skis, eatin pizza, and haning out with your girl at your party. Okay.. so the first two.. but hey, I tried.. AND DON"T TELL MY GIRL I SAID THAT!!
Posted By: starjammir Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:15 AM
LOL dont worry...we can all detail after the suspension install I was thinking maybe do the suspension here then head over there and go play around on the lake???
Posted By: RawBurt Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:19 AM
How'd the lights go? Did rob actually do something??

LMFAO! You know how you put your coat in the trunk because it smelled like gas. Yeah well thats why.. i didnt want to do the fuel filter. Anyway, yeah the lights went good, very nice and clean... Got myself a really nice shock too!
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:21 AM
thanks again with the sub install, I still have a little playing with to do on it but overall im VERY happy with it. Thank you very much and if you ever need help with anything let me know. I owe you one.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:25 AM

LMFAO! You know how you put your coat in the trunk because it smelled like gas. Yeah well thats why.. i didnt want to do the fuel filter. Anyway, yeah the lights went good, very nice and clean... Got myself a really nice shock too!

I figured you + electronics= hazard!! Yeah, my trunk is open in the garage right now airing out.. my akcet was SOAKED with gas.

Jared, you're welcome. I was amazed how well it sounded. I'd get that oter sub and hook it up in there, too.. see how it sounds. Easy as pie to stick the additional one in there, now!!
Posted By: starjammir Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:27 AM
Man send that coat up here and Ill have my mommy wash it 4 u
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:29 AM
Originally posted by starjammir:
Man send that coat up here and Ill have my mommy wash it 4 u

Dry Clean Only!! Stupid Express For Men I'll send it to your gas station and have them clean it, lol!
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:30 AM

I figured you + electronics= hazard!! Yeah, my trunk is open in the garage right now airing out.. my akcet was SOAKED with gas.

Jared, you're welcome. I was amazed how well it sounded. I'd get that oter sub and hook it up in there, too.. see how it sounds. Easy as pie to stick the additional one in there, now!!

Yeah, i was thinking of doing that... I have a couple of different subs in the basement I could trow in there so im going to play with it a little in my free time.
Posted By: BlackSVT98 Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:39 AM
Wow...nice guy doin' all that stuff for free. Go you.
Posted By: Frosty Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 02:51 AM
Dang, thats cool that you did all that stuff , we need some peeps like that in the W. Great Lakes Area!!! I have the will, but only know so much....
Posted By: epattonm Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 03:48 AM
I've ogt finals, overtime work, and SZ05 coming up for MAY.

So if I go to SZ 05, you'll help install new wires, plugs, clean my IMRC, and other misc stuff?

Good work man. That's what these boards are about... helping. Although, with the price of gas, I hope you got some gas $$ back. Either way... class act.

~Eric
Posted By: Steeda. Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 03:55 AM
Since when are you a Professional Mobile Electronics Installer? you have a peice of paper that says you are?
Posted By: MxRacer Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 03:58 AM
Originally posted by SteedaSan:
Since when are you a Professional Mobile Electronics Installer? you have a peice of paper that says you are?

i'm still amateur so i can compete in the car audio olympics.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 04:00 AM
lol maybe the car audio special olympics lol
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 04:06 AM
Then, on my way home, a little old lady in a teal 96 mystique was on the side of the freeway with a flat tire... so, I stopped and put her spare on.
She checked out my ride, too.. which was funny, but cool. I even dropped the contour.org on her... we'll see if her 60 year old self shows up here.

WHile on the side of the road, she jokingly said, "wanna race!?"... I thought that was f-in' hilarious. Mrs. Jamson... you are the bomb!!

All in a days work....

Good karma is comin' your way.

Class. Looks good on ya!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 04:13 AM

Posted By: B.Brattina Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 04:17 AM
Originally posted by judis:

You have the amazing Stazi near you.. have him do it... he's lazy. However, if you can make him not be lazy, you'll have to wait about a month before I have some free time (I've ogt finals, overtime work, and SZ05 coming up for MAY.

sounds good to me haha- whenever you have free time send me a pm or something if your gonna be in the area- i haven't met any CEG'ers yet, since i was at vwvortex.com til i sold the jetta---- car definetly needs some work though haha-- take care
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 11:04 AM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

Love that episode.

AS for my "install" :

MECP certifed 4 years ago in automotive audio, video, and home audio installation. Worked for best buy as a master installer for 2 years and worked for a contractor for Bose Audio for home installation. Haven't worked in installation for 2 years.. since now I have a job that pays me nearly 20 bucks an hour. I can see who the appreciative people are.. and the plain smartass people with nothing better to do than criticize. So eat your words.
Posted By: liquidX Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:32 PM
Your a good man Rocket... Reminds me of me when I have my generous 'surges'
Posted By: MxRacer Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:50 PM

MECP certifed 4 years ago in automotive audio, video, and home audio installation. .... So eat your words.

Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:51 PM
Originally posted by durateX:
Your a good man Rocket... Reminds me of me when I have my generous 'surges'

Yeah, where's my generous surge of a heathsheild at.. and my porch is cleared off for those rims, as well.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Good karma is comin' your way.

If good karma is coming his way for the work he did I'm definately due for something spectacualar for swapping in a tranny for EuroTour.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 03:58 PM

MECP certifed 4 years ago in automotive audio, video, and home audio installation. .... So eat your words.

Yup eat my words hmmmm,
Not to be a ass but if your a MECP cert'd installer what level are ya? Also how where you a Master installer at best buy? and if your a cert'd installer how come you where/are working as a porter?
Also if your a mecp installer how come your asking in the audio forum how to do a amp bypass? and many other questions?

I smell something Fishy here.. Could be this Tuna Sammich or it could be something else hmmmmm

Anyone can claim they are something, Ohh heres the best part!!! How are you MECP in home audio? let me spell the words out for ya MOBILE ELECTRONICS certifaction program.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 04:12 PM
No, you're not being an ass... let me clearify so things make more sense...

MECP certifed 4 years ago in automotive audio, video-- and I did home audio installation with BOSE audio.

4 years ago, I was bronze.. 3 years ago, I obtained silver.

Worked for best buy as a master installer for 2 years and worked for a contractor for Bose Audio for home installation. (Did these at the same time from age 18-almost 20. Worked as a porter BEFORE I did this.

I obtained my silver status through CEA's online course when I was 19... I am now 22.

Best Buy classified me as a Gold "master" installer.. because I was the only one who was actually trained in installation at our store, although I had only obtained my silver level.. and had no plans on continuing there after.

WTF is wrong with me asking about the amp bypass. Again.. it's been two.. almost three years since I've done any professional work. I see you asking similar questions audio..
Posted By: Steeda. Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 04:20 PM
What are these similair questions? I think you have me confussed with the people asking and the same 5 people answering the questions.

AMP by pass is simple.. My dog could do that type of stuff!

Posted By: elraido Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:19 PM
A dog can also lick himself.....I am just messing with ya
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:33 PM
What are these similair questions? I think you have me confussed with the people asking and the same 5 people answering the questions.

AMP by pass is simple.. My dog could do that type of stuff!

I don't know what the hell you are trying to prove, here. You and your "goon's" hijacked my thread with some rediculous bull [censored]. I know what I am and what I have done and been certified in. Thats all that matters to me and the hundreds of people I have done work for.

As for the amp by-pass.. my question was more in regarding why the harness I purchased to bypass the harness did not work...
Posted By: RawBurt Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:36 PM
You and your "goon's" hijacked my thread with some rediculous bull [censored].

I was going to say something about that too, perfectly fine thread went down the pooper again! STAY IN THE AUDIO SECTION WHERE Y'ALL BELONG!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:42 PM

hey hey hey!! i take exception to that remark. i was backing you up and trying to inject a little humor into the situation. i thought i was being nice here. would you rather i wasn't??
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:46 PM

hey hey hey!! i take exception to that remark. i was backing you up and trying to inject a little humor into the situation. i thought i was being nice here. would you rather i wasn't??

Ohh I hate you MX!! No.. you weren't included in my internet hit list.
Posted By: starjammir Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:47 PM
I am!!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:50 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:
I am!!

You're at the top of my list... I should e-thug assault you right now, BILL!!
Posted By: starjammir Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:51 PM
Dude ur a genie!! LOL sorry a little Kazaam
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:54 PM
"Clap.. Clap"

*Pooof*
Posted By: starjammir Re: So I was busy today.... - 05/02/05 05:54 PM
LOL we genie
© CEG Archives