Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
They just suceded in breaking into the 13's stock. Were having trouble getting there even with the supercharger we need some 3.0 to start trying harder

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26412&perpage=1 mad 5&pagenumber=3
Yah no doubt, but arn't those around 26k? um hello stang? good-bye nissan laugh

If ford were still building the C/M it would prolly be very comparable...but... :rolleyes:
That's pretty cool.
there's a bunch of replies, and I may have missed it.....but I never saw a time slip :rolleyes:

got to back that $hit up with some proof laugh
Page 42 for the timeslip...
Not bad for a car that looks like an f'd up truck. eek
Not even sure if that's legit, as the timeslip is from 2001.. Guy is claiming that the track had the wrong date, since it was opening day and all.. Interesting, to say the least.
if all he has is an intake he's full of it
Quote:
Originally posted by bnoon:
Page 42 for the timeslip...
that's what I meant....the friggin thing was buried in there mad . I probably scrolled right past it laugh
I have my timeslips from Englishtown (summer of 2000). The bottom of the timeslip looks okay, but the top of his slip is missing things that normally appear on my Englishtown slips (such as Temp / Relative Humidity / Absolute Barometer). These appear on my slips above the LEFT / RIGHT printout and below where the date is printed. Unless they've changed the printout of their slips, I'm not buying it. Maybe if they set a date at E-town, one of us can arrange to be a witness.
my boss just bought an altima se mtx and that thing hauls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want one in a bad, bad way. I can wait until i pay off my car and can get a good deal on a used one. By the way, he got his for 23k (w/ moon roof, bose stereo, spoiler). So, not too too expensive. I wouldv'e gotten the HID lights. Weren't the SVT Contours leaving dealers for around that price when they were brand new? eek
Keep in mind that the Altima's engine has 40hp and about 70ft/lbs of torque on us. Even with the 3.0, you wouldn't match the torque without several other mods. The Altima was on my new car list, along with the WRX wagon, which utimately my choice for a new car. I, however, exercised monetary restraint, something new for me, and got a '99 SVT w/26k for half the money. Just remind yourself that our top speed is matched/bested by a very few sedans on the road. laugh
We have to wait a few for the Gen II Duratech, O well!
2.1s 60' time adn 13.9 quarter means some serious horsepower. I wonder what his car would dyno at because I suspect a freak engine or more than 'just an intake'.
Keep in mind that most of us who are doing or have done the 3L mod do a lot of other work to our engines as well. I would suspect that the power gap is probably a lot closer than we think. My hope is that the better than average Contour 3L is putting out 230-240hp (at the crank) and 215 lb-ft of torque.
. My hope is that the better than average Contour 3L is putting out 230-240hp (at the crank) and 215 lb-ft of torque.

Even so, the Altima puts out 240 lb/ft +. That's quite a bit of a power gap.
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTNupe:
My hope is that the better than average Contour 3L is putting out 230-240hp (at the crank) and 215 lb-ft of torque.
I should hope so. I'm putting out ~230HP at the crank. cool Though drop ~25 TQ from your figures frown

WarMonger is around 260-265HP and DavidZ (the goal to beat wink ) is in the 290+ range. Maybe more by now??? laugh
maybe laugh
After the cost cutting that the present Nissan CEO had to do, well Nasser all over again.
Read the NVH, Jamie Kitman's article in March issue of Automobile mag. last page.
Nothing new for us Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh?
Cuttng out the fat is one thing, but when it kills quality, it's just plain greed.
unfortunately bussiness as usual since the early 90's.
Paul
I am thinking maybe 240HP+Intake+100Shot NOS =13's

:rolleyes: Just not possibale Stock
I don't think it was stock either. A stock Camaro SS or Ws6 run the 1/4 in the 13.7 range....they are about 325 HP and 330 lb/ft Tq with rear wheel drive. I believe that the Camaro and Altima are close to the same weight. You do the math...................it ain't stock.
He has an intake, dyno proven at +10 fwhp, but that's it (for performance mods anyway). Other stock 2K2 Alty SE's (2K2 Maxima 6-speeds as well) have been into the low 14's so this isn't that far fetched. However, I too am sceptical about some of the timeslip inconsistencies, but he has already committed to going back out the to the track and trying to replicate that, so we'll see.
Quote:
Originally posted by MystiqueSVT:
I don't think it was stock either. A stock Camaro SS or Ws6 run the 1/4 in the 13.7 range....they are about 325 HP and 330 lb/ft Tq with rear wheel drive. I believe that the Camaro and Altima are close to the same weight. You do the math...................it ain't stock.
Altima: lbs
Manual 3,020 3,028 3,178

Automatic 3,069 3,076 3,227

Camaro: lbs/kg
Base
3323/1507
3524/1598

Z28/SS
3433/1557
3577/1623
Whoop de doo! It's still a fugly Altima! I'll take my CSVT anytime!
Quote:
Originally posted by APT:
2.1s 60' time adn 13.9 quarter means some serious horsepower. I wonder what his car would dyno at because I suspect a freak engine or more than 'just an intake'.
Those freakin Altimas haul azz, I get to drive one every so often (my buddies demo) and I was impressed greatly. You don't expect that much car to move that quickly.

I had a 2.106 60' time with my 99 Grand Am GT, BUT my 1/4 was 15.095 frown
those weights sound light. lighter than our svts
Quote:
Originally posted by jiako:
those weights sound light. lighter than our svts
Dimensions

Exterior:

Length: 183.9 in.
Width: 69.1 in.
Height: 54.5 in.
Weight: 3126 lbs.
Wheel Base: 106.5 in.
Interior:

Front Head Room: 39 in.
Front Hip Room: 50.7 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 53.9 in.
Rear Head Room: 35 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 53.9 in.
Rear Hip Room: 45.5 in.
Front Leg Room: 43 in.
Rear Leg Room: 25 in.
Luggage Capacity: 13.9 cu. ft.
Maximum Seating: 4
Performance Data

Performance:

Base Number of Cylinders: 6
Base Engine Size: 2.5 liters
Base Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 200hp @ 6600 rpm
Torque: 170ft-lbs. @ 5500 rpm
Drive Type: FWD
Turning Circle: 40 ft.

Fuel Data
Fuel Tank Capacity: 14.5 gal.

EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)

Range in Miles: (City/Highway)
Just remember thats a 3.5 under the hood also.!
talk about diggin up a dead post laugh
Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseus:
Not bad for a car that looks like an f'd up truck. eek
EXACTLY! eek
"those weights sound light. lighter than our svts"

I think the weights are wrong..the mags have been quoting 3200-3250 lbs with the V6 MTX. Of course, weights vary with gas and options. Mags had SVT at between 3020 and 3120 lbs. Actual weight of mine on scale = 3040 lbs with maybe 1/3 - 1/2 tank.
I got them from Nissan's website and from Chevrolet's websites so...
Don't know about the quarter mile, but we may soon know whether an Altima 3.5SE is faster in an autocross than an SVT Contour. wink
© CEG Archives