Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTspazz Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 07:05 AM
http://www.contour.org/php/displaypics.php?dir=/gallery/profile

Why did they not go ahead and produce the supercharged concept? I bet this baby might of been the first to get into the 11's.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 07:17 AM
Why would it get into 11s?
Posted By: SVTspazz Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 07:24 AM
4-Wheel Drive would elminate the FWD launch problems
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 07:39 AM
Why would it get into 11s though when a wrx sti which likely has more power than that concept runs low 13s/maybe high 12s?
Posted By: SVTspazz Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 07:54 AM
Im not saying that it would constanly run in the 11's or that there would be alot of them doing it, but if i had to put my money on a contour that would of one day ran 11 seconds i would say this one. As to date i do not know of a contour that has ran an 11.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 07:59 AM
Yeah, I'm sure everybody that mods contours would rather mod an AWD one. I think it's that way for any FWD car owner. I don't know of a contour that has run 12s.
Posted By: SVTspazz Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 08:02 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4528826821&category=31832&sspagename=WDVW

Similar contours with similar setups from Arizona Dyno Chip have
trapped over 110mph in the quarter mile @ 12�s with half the boost.

I guess its possible one tour has got into the 12's somewhere but Demons 13.47 is the fastest that i know of.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 08:29 AM
the more you know. . . .
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 03:14 PM
I'm now gonna have to agree with "why wasn't it produced?" (though I'd probably could say that about some other concept cars, though obviously rather see an awesome contour be built).
From Terry Haines:
As an FYI ,just after the Profile was shown at the
auto shows around the USA 2 cars(one yellow,one
burgandy) were taken by Ford to Waterford Hills track
during the Concours & Historic Race weekend.The cars
were driven in demo laps to show performance etc.Most
of the onlookers said that Ford should 'build'
it...Oh,BTW the drivers of the two cars were Bob Brown
From SVE in England and Terry Haines,Resident Eng on
the CDW27 proto prog...Yep,I know how it
'runs'..LOL.
Posted By: contour_phoenix_when_dup1 Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 03:18 PM
was not saleen having problems with super charging the duratec v6?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 03:23 PM
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
was not saleen having problems with super charging the duratec v6?

Yeah, but I imagine Ford and its engineers know a bit more about what to do. It definitely can be done, just look at buckshot's 400whp supercharged duratec.
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Yeah, I'm sure everybody that mods contours would rather mod an AWD one. I think it's that way for any FWD car owner. I don't know of a contour that has run 12s.

Yea, AWD is better all around than FWD. It launches way faster off the line.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 05:21 PM
I'll tell you why it, and many other cool concept cars never get built. Americans won't buy them at the price or in the quantity that makes sense for a company to produce them.

Take for example the last generation Focus RS. It works in Europe, but only becuase Europeans are willing to spend more for a small car with performance. The RS would have cost $32-35k US if it had been brought here in production. How many of you would drop $35k on a stock Focus? and I don't mean how many of you would say "I'd buy it if I had money" I mean how many would actually drop the cash right now.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
How many of you would drop $35k on a stock Focus? and I don't mean how many of you would say "I'd buy it if I had money" I mean how many would actually drop the cash right now.

until our gas prices reach the same levels as europes, it will continue to be that way. when you can buy a 300 hp mustang for $26-28K, why buy an RS?
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 06:06 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by Rara:
How many of you would drop $35k on a stock Focus? and I don't mean how many of you would say "I'd buy it if I had money" I mean how many would actually drop the cash right now.

until our gas prices reach the same levels as europes, it will continue to be that way. when you can buy a 300 hp mustang for $26-28K, why buy an RS?

EXACTLY. The market has shifted a little with the popularity of the WRX and EVO, but it still has a LONG way to go before we get any of the crazy stuff here for public consumption.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 09:00 PM
They NEED to find a way to drop the cost of building the RS to match that of the EVO and STi, then they'll sell them. But blindly inporting it from the UK here will never do it.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 09:05 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but the RS isn't in the same HP league as the STI and Evo, is it?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 09:13 PM
Nope, 215hp IIRC.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Nope, 215hp IIRC.

thought so. i was dicing with one a while back and it wasn't pulling on me at all. sharp little car though.
Posted By: SVT Scott Re: Why Wasnt It Produced? - 03/07/05 10:06 PM
Originally posted by spazz:
http://www.contour.org/php/displaypics.php?dir=/gallery/profile

Why did they not go ahead and produce the supercharged concept? I bet this baby might of been the first to get into the 11's.

Because the rear end melted, due to the high speeds?
© CEG Archives