Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MattAFXL Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 02:49 AM
What is the lowest kilometers ever seen on a Contour with a siezed engine and the highest kilometers ever seen on a Contour with a running engine? State what You have seen with your own eyes only....
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 02:51 AM
I think I am misunderstanding your question..

wouldn't lowest be 0 MPH?
(when standing still??)

you mean MILEAGE on an engine?

Ray
110mph Zetec ATX going downhill. Hit limiter. 160K miles with a knock...

140mph SVT. 87K miles, runs great.
Posted By: MattAFXL Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 02:59 AM
I ment to Say Kilometers or Miles on the odometer with the stock engine Sorry about the mixup my bad!!
Originally posted by MattAFXL:
I ment to Say Kilometers or Miles on the odometer with the stock engine Sorry about the mixup my bad!!

taken my 96GL MTX with 110K miles to 115mph... Rev limiter was hit.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 03:08 AM
that's great Alias.. but he was looking for max miles on a running engine.. and MINIMUM miles on a blown engine..

trying to establish the average mileage before problems, I suppose..

Ray
Posted By: MazTour Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 03:13 AM
My '98 Mystique 4 cyl ATX has 245 6xx KM on the body,but the original engine was replaced under warranty before 160 000km when my aunt and uncle owned the car. Have not had a single mechanical problem with this car in my 7 months of ownership. It was a lemon for my aunt and uncle,and it seems all the bugs have been worked out by now.

Oh yeah,and I've topped mine out,170kmh on the 401. Stupid limiters.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 03:31 AM
I have 130k on my Zetec ATX....added a supercharger 10k ago.

BTW if anybody wants to know.....it is drag limited at 143mph.
Posted By: MattAFXL Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 03:56 AM
My Contour V6 has 255000k
I have seen a Contour Zetec with 40000k and due to lack of oil changes the engine was a siezed solid the amount of sludge that came out the drain hole didnt even fill a small coffee cup
89000 km's on my healthy 98 CSVT (=55,300 miles)
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Pimp98:

Oh yeah,and I've topped mine out,170kmh on the 401. Stupid limiters.

Limiter is @ 184 so you may want to make sure your speedo is reading right.
Posted By: SonofSHO Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 06:17 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:

The SVT was drag limited (no speed cut off in the computer. If you want to go faster, you just need more HP to overcome drag.

The speed limiter is there to keep you from exceeding the design limit of the tires, btw.

Back to the question, the PO says the engine was rebuilt due to cracked rod at 50K miles. Now has 105K miles. PO also says it is good for an indicated 145 MPH.
Posted By: 96mercury Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 08:05 AM
I saw one with aout 220k miles, it looked like the ATX had gone bad as there wasn't a dent on the car on the oil was clean and ATF was really dirty. Probably on its second tranny or at least a rebuild.
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 04:40 PM
my ATX zetec just hit 137,000 today.. everything factory.. even timing belt
Posted By: KyleH Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 05:17 PM
289,000 ish, km(180k miles) on the Mystique, original engine/tranny. Someone in the Eastern Canada forum has an SVT with over 300,000km on it.
130mph, still pulling. ~115k miles.
Posted By: ZER0 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 06:10 PM
Wow and I thought my 230,000 km on a 99 was atleast somewhat impressive, apparently not so much, but its still the orig. engine and tranny (ATX) so I guess I'm not doing too badly.
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 06:18 PM
123,000 SVT with 91,000 miles on the replacement engine.

I havent had the bravery to take my contour anything past 125mph because the stock suspension is scary at high speeds.

Now my integra GS-R 137mph not bad for a 4 banger.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 07:33 PM
146mph
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 07:43 PM
2.5L blew at ~52k miles.. 146mph on the 2.5L

3.0L been running for ~27k miles.. Hit 150mph and still pulled..

It's amazing how much more the 3L pulls on the top end where the 2.5L took FOREVER to get from 130 to 146!!

Mark
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/15/05 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SonofSHO:

The SVT was drag limited (no speed cut off in the computer. If you want to go faster, you just need more HP to overcome drag.

The speed limiter is there to keep you from exceeding the design limit of the tires, btw.

Back to the question, the PO says the engine was rebuilt due to cracked rod at 50K miles. Now has 105K miles. PO also says it is good for an indicated 145 MPH.

Look at profile....I have a blower.....and no speed limiter.
Posted By: SonofSHO Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 06:37 AM

Look at profile....I have a blower.....and no speed limiter.

I did read your profile, you are still running out of HP to overcome drag, although with an ATX you may be running out of gear also. I bet some of these FI 3.0 L guys could top 160 if they don't run out of gear.

I did read your profile, you are still running out of HP to overcome drag, although with an ATX you may be running out of gear also. I bet some of these FI 3.0 L guys could top 160 if they don't run out of gear.

Which would be drag limited right? What did he say that you are disagreeing with?
And with the ATX you have more gear than a mtx.
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 07:35 AM
when my svt was new, my dad did 145mph in it.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 12:36 PM

The posted max for (Buckshot?? IIRC) was a theorhetical 186-ish..

I don't know what makes it theory and not fact, be it gearing or merely room to do it...

Ray
Posted By: dbateman Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 08:39 PM
Originally posted by CSVT985:

I havent had the bravery to take my contour anything past 125mph because the stock suspension is scary at high speeds.

I've had mine up to 110 or so and I thought it felt very stable. This was on a straight highway, I wasn't trying to take curves or anything...

Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 09:02 PM
I have 54,5xx, and I've hit about 135 it gets a little scary up there.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 09:10 PM
Oh.. re: original post

110,000 Original engine, original tranny..

Ray
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

What's the final drive of the ATX? Not sure where you're coming up with this. Also, which MTX are you talking, the Duratec or Zetec final drive?

Mark
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 09:15 PM
Right off the main page..

Transaxle: MTX-75
Final drive: 4.06:1
Gear Ratio Speed (mph)
1st: 3.42 35
2nd: 2.14 56
3rd: 1.45 82
4th: 1.03 117
5th: 0.77 143 (drag limited)
Reverse: 3.42

Transaxle: ATX
Final drive: 3.92:1
Gear Ratio Speed (mph)
1st: 2.89 42
2nd: 1.57 79
3rd: 1.00 124
4th: 0.70 178 (yeah, right)

Looks like the ATX could have some more gear in it...

Ray
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 09:29 PM
i did 150mph...in a 3 liter hybrid with stock chip untuned. spedometer read 160 but i have navigation that has satilites track exactly how fast you are going and it was 150mph i have 17's on the car.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 09:31 PM
I guess I should have assumed that he meant the 4:06 gearing, but what about the zetec final drive? Isn't it close to that 3.92 FD of the ATX? Since we're comparing apples to oranges, I might as well throw in a banana!

Mark
Highest Ive gotten was 120mph on 275 goin to meet somebody....

15 minutes late too!
Ive hit 130mph 120,000 mi on the stock engine and stock trans. Flat straight road. Little foggy. Car felt in good control. I was running late too.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/16/05 10:09 PM
The absolute ignorance, and lack of intelligence on this site, and THIS POST in particular is astounding.

Who goes 130 when it is FOGGY?
or when you are late? you'll be better off late, than dead.

on a more humorous note: you can TELL those that don't READ THE ENTIRE POST before responding.. they are still talking about MPH.. it isn't even about that.. its about MILES ON THE ENGINE..'

Ray
Originally posted by Ray:
The absolute ignorance, and lack of intelligence on this site, and THIS POST in particular is astounding.

Who goes 130 when it is FOGGY?
or when you are late? you'll be better off late, than dead.

on a more humorous note: you can TELL those that don't READ THE ENTIRE POST before responding.. they are still talking about MPH.. it isn't even about that.. its about MILES ON THE ENGINE..'

I agree with some stupidity in what some people do, I'm not going to be a hipocrite and say I've never done anything like that (103mph on 4cylinders in my Grand Prix... in a Wisconsin blizzard... that was stupid ).

But I think the MPH & Km/h thing is more popular than the mileage...
Posted By: SonofSHO Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/17/05 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

Which would be drag limited right? What did he say that you are disagreeing with?

My bad Sorry LoCoZsc, I thought you were saying that all contours were drag limited at 143, but I see you are talking about your specific car. The reason I jumped to that conclusion was that 143 is the published number for the SVT. I guess that means you are pushing over 200 Crank HP out of the ztech when you factor-in the loss through the ATX. I bet your 1/4 mile times are better too because it only takes 2 shifts to get there???

Ray, the subject line is a far more interesting topic than what he realy wanted to discuss, although both have been covered adequatley before.

Hahahahahahhahahhahahhahhahhahhahhahha!!!!
Posted By: SAV Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/17/05 07:41 AM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
i did 150mph...in a 3 liter hybrid with stock chip untuned. spedometer read 160 but i have navigation that has satilites track exactly how fast you are going and it was 150mph i have 17's on the car.

Are you from the CIA? Who has this ish in a Contour?

-SAV
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/17/05 03:36 PM

Ray, the subject line is a far more interesting topic than what he realy wanted to discuss, although both have been covered adequatley before.

AHHHHH... I see.. so when someone asks something boring, I shouldn't just point them to the results of the over-covered topic so that they can learn... I should start talking about something else completely...

gotcha..

Ray
wow some of you really don't like newbies. I actually read this site all the time i just don't usally post. And yeah so maybe 130 in a little fog was dumb, but like Kane said.. we've all done something boneheaded... even though its undoubtedly ignorant. But it was fun
Originally posted by SAV:

-SAV

Its called GPS, alot of people have GPS regardless of what type of car it is. What does it matter that it is a contour...Ive got GPS in xB, is there a difference. I like to now how to get somewhere, its just an added benefit to know exactly how fast I am going and to also know pretty much the amount of time it will take me to get there, based of course on my rate of speed.

-Ken
Mileage:
I've got 200,000 Kilometers on my ODO. Stock Zetec engine, stock manual tranny, and stock clutch.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/17/05 08:01 PM
exactly!
Posted By: SAV Re: Lowest and Highest kmh/mph ever seen? - 02/17/05 11:00 PM
Originally posted by cfcsvt:
Originally posted by SAV:

-SAV

Its called GPS, alot of people have GPS regardless of what type of car it is.

I associated GPS as a navigation system, which I know for damn sure was never offered on the Contour. That's why I was asking. Guy I quoted didn't state that he had an aftermarket one or anything like that, just that he was rocketing along a road at an indicated 160 but his "satellites" said 150. Sounds far fetched to me.

You don't gotta be huffy about it.

-SAV
© CEG Archives