Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: carraudio Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 05:05 PM
A while back I saw this add in the Classifieds

SVT Side Skirt
Posted on 01/03/2005 by 2amnte
This ad expires on 02/02/2005
Located in: MO

I have some used svt side skirts for sale. please email or call for offer.

314-368-9622
Beldridg@ffic.com

I e-mailed the guy and he wanted $150 plus shipping so I sent it to him via Paypal, so I will be getting my money back.

I should of thought something was up, he hasn't even post on here, but I thought I would try he did register on 05/28/03. So please no one else do bussness with this person.

I have sent him at least 6-8 e-mails asking what is up with them. I get read recipts back that he has read them but no answer.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 05:20 PM
Ok well I got this from him so we will se how it goes..

Quote:

I sorry if you feel incovienced but from what i remember i sent you said
that the money was going to be sent sometime this week and i have checked
had access to my email til today so for you to send all these stupid emails
is not called for. you could of called and advised me that the money was
sent if it was that important I have a life outside of reading your
ignorant emails. i had a death in the family and the only reason Im reading
all these emails is b/c I had check my desktop this morning. I will get to
shipping your items this weekend so don't email me anymore I will email you
your tracking number once i get it then you won't have to be bothered
anymore.

thanks,

Posted By: JB1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 05:34 PM
Quote:

I sorry if you feel incovienced but from what i remember i sent you said
that the money was going to be sent sometime this week and i have checked
had access to my email til today so for you to send all these stupid emails
is not called for. you could of called and advised me that the money was
sent if it was that important I have a life outside of reading your
ignorant emails. i had a death in the family and the only reason Im reading
all these emails is b/c I had check my desktop this morning. I will get to
shipping your items this weekend so don't email me anymore I will email you
your tracking number once i get it then you won't have to be bothered
anymore.

thanks,

i don't buy his story. something feels wrong imo.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 05:43 PM
I don't get why you feel ripped off. He is an individual, not a store. The ad isn't even 2 weeks old.

I understand that the lack of communication bothered you, but it seems to me that you will get your stuff.

You are a long way off from really needing to take the measure of trying to defame an individual publicly.
Posted By: DJ Capp 911 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 05:59 PM
BS, its called doing business. Despite the death in the family I'm sure that he could have checked email real quick to acknowledge receipt of the money. With email beins such a widely used method of communication he probably would have communicated with family members or friends this way. IT does sound shady to me and u ntil you get your product be leery
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 06:03 PM
I call BS on the guy until you have a tracking number and or part in hand as I've seen numerous return emails stating death in the family as a reason for not shipping items. It just seems to be a good cop out for many people.

On the other hand, if the material does come through, then good for this guy.

Rick
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 07:04 PM
Well I will let everyone know how it turns out. I started asking him about them the day he posted the ad, and sent him the money on the 13th. Before I sent the money he would reply as soon as he got my e-mail. And the part about not being able to get his e-mail until today was a lie, he read one yesterday.
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 07:10 PM
Hope it works out.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: Classified - - 01/18/05 07:26 PM
iv talked to this guy manymany times. he lives in my area.
its liget. just give him a call
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DJ Capp 911:
BS, its called doing business. Despite the death in the family I'm sure that he could have checked email real quick to acknowledge receipt of the money. With email beins such a widely used method of communication he probably would have communicated with family members or friends this way. IT does sound shady to me and u ntil you get your product be leery

Fine. Suspicion is healthy, to a point. The "death" story might be lame or untrue.

But this is not the way. The ad was placed 2 weeks ago. So this transaction is younger than that. I don't think that's unreasonable. Yes, I expect better, and I work hard to do better than that in my own private transactions. But life happens. When you deal with private sellers, this kind of thing happens.

Suspicious, yes. But I think coming on here so soon and claiming you've been "ripped off..." It doesn't carry much weight when you check the dates. It sounds like the buyer is a spoiled pain in the ass who demands instant gratification. When you achieve 99% customer satisfaction, this guy will be a one-percenter.

I hope it all turns out OK. If it does, remind me never to do business with this buyer.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 09:40 PM
It just seemed a bit odd to me that this guy was so quick with the replys before I sent him my money and after I sent it I never heard anything at all. Like I said the saw this add shortly after it was posted. I sent him the money on the 12th that is almost a week and I have not heard anything back. Now if he would of e-mailed me telling me he had got the money and he was a little busy I would be OK, but I have not heard from him in 6 days.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 10:51 PM
I also just notice that I got a read recept from him on the 13th it was me telling him I had sent the money.
Posted By: R_G Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 11:41 PM
Originally posted by my csvt:

I got so many 'death-in-the-family' replies from the untrustworthy Ebay sellers. Feels like BS to me too.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 11:48 PM
either way, just be aware that Paypal gives you 30 days to get your money back. keep track of the time bud.
but if a well known and active CEGer is vouching for him (BabySho I assume you are?) then I wouldnt worry about too much.
Posted By: R_G Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 11:52 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
but if a well known and active CEGer is vouching for him (BabySho I assume you are?)

It's all good but BabySho is like 14 y.o. Often a time them kids do tend to be quite naive.
Posted By: caltour Re: Classified rip-off - 01/18/05 11:55 PM
No offense intended, RogerB, but I call BS on your reply. A person who is selling online has a responsibilty to ship within a reasonable time after payment. In my opinion, a reasonable time is 3 - 5 days. (It doesn't take that much time or effort to put something in a box and drop it off at UPS.) If the seller cannot comply with that standard, then he MUST communicate with the buyer and say when he CAN ship. Anything less than that is inconsiderate at best (or a rip off in the making at worst), and is not excusable.

RogerB, you are cutting way too much slack for the slobs out there who are selling online, taking buyers' money, and then sitting there like statues for days and weeks, until the buyer hassles them enough to make them ship. It's wrong for sellers to behave like that, and you should not excuse it.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Classified rip-off - 01/19/05 12:19 AM
^agreed. I have had problems with shipping big car parts I sold. It would take me a week sometimes to get it out. The problem was always finding boxes to fit the stuff in (free boxes, not the $8 kind). anywho, after some complaints and learning/growing, I realized I shouldn't list the stuff until I have all of the necessary supplies and what not to get it out. People spending $150, or even $15 for that matter, shouldn't have to wait for their sh*t. THey could have gone elsewhere. It's just not good form chap.

as far as a death in the family, I could see a delay if it was someone VERY close like a child or spouse, parent, sibling but beyond that (like an aunt/uncle or grandparent) should cause enough detriment to a person's life to not get an already paid for (expensive already paid for) item shipped off. It's 30-60 minutes of your time. enough with the excuses already!
I have purchased one thing through the CEG classifieds and it worked out fine. I checked the person's activity out and figured it was an ok gamble. But, Im not sure if ill do it again with all this BS that's been goin on.
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/19/05 04:26 AM
Are you really bitching over 5 days. He has to accept the money before the process begins. Did you look to see if he accepted the money.

-Andy
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/19/05 05:29 AM
Yes he did. I also sent him an E-mail and he read it that day so he knew the money was there. So I am waiting the past 5 days and now he tells me I will have to wait another 5 days before he gets them shipped to me.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/19/05 05:50 AM
boo hooo! Im gonna do nothing but sit on my a$$ all day and drop all my responsibilities because there was a death in the family. Tell that guy to get a life. Just because his life stops, doesnt mean everyone elses does.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/19/05 02:02 PM
I thought about this last night... (life? what life?)

While I don't think this time span is unreasonable, and while I think carraudio's response is a bit overblown...

If I were in the seller's position, I would be a lot more apologetic. I would be embarrassed that I was not meeting my end of the deal, death in the family or not. I wouldn�t be coming back all pissy to a guy to whom I am basically in debt.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/24/05 08:05 PM
You would think he would send me my tracking number as soon as he could but I have not heard anything from him.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/24/05 09:53 PM
Well it is monday and I have sent him two e-mails and he has read them both. I have tried to call and I get no answer. Who still thinks I was wrong in thinking I was getting ripped off?
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/24/05 11:39 PM
dang, I say your gettin ripped off I think he could at least get it all shipped within 3-5 days, and its been almost a week, and yeah I think the death in the family excuse is just a thing to get you to try and forget about it and feel sorry for him, he needs a life.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Classified rip-off - 01/24/05 11:40 PM
.....your still dealing with this too??!! mine cashed his m.o. on the 9th!!!! and he still hasnt shipped, well sup. he shipped it to the wrong address and he isnt willing to pay for shipping again so he emailed me and said that it was gonna cost $111.00 to ship the mirko splitter from north carolina to new york!!!, at least my "scammer" is emailing me, so i told him that i will be in north carolina this weekend and that i'll go out of my way to pick it up,anyone guess what his response was????.....i probabaly wont be there, but i'll leave it in the apartment lobby we'll see good luck with this
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/25/05 02:57 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:

i probabaly wont be there, but i'll leave it in the apartment lobby we'll see good luck with this

Tell him to leave it with a neighbor and not just in the lobby.

Sounds like he's setting you up for it to be "stolen".
Posted By: irda Re: Classified rip-off - 01/25/05 04:51 PM
you sent paypal so file a dispute with CC company and paypal.
i got scammed buying Universal Studio tickets on ebay for $177. found out tracking his ebayid 5 other people got scammed from same seller (some for $400+), he immediately took money and bought something, then closed his email account and ebay account. obviously a scam. paypal and ebay did Nothing for me.

filed dispute with paypal, who told me to handle with ebay.. ebay then told me to handle with paypal. both did nothing, so filed a dispute with credit card company, and to my surprise months later i got my money back. Just don't give up.

i can see both sides to a story, it might take a little while to send stuff out but i usually try to have things sent within 48 hrs. best thing i can tell you is to file with paypal just for formality (watch dates, they don't let you less than 30 days, but no greater than 90 days or something) and then refuse payment with disputed claim on your credit card. best of luck to you.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/25/05 06:56 PM
Originally posted by carraudio:
Well it is monday and I have sent him two e-mails and he has read them both. I have tried to call and I get no answer. Who still thinks I was wrong in thinking I was getting ripped off?

OK. I'd start whatever filing procedures you need to and inform seller of said action. If you actually ever get the part you can cancel your action, I would assume.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/25/05 09:39 PM
I am doing what I can. I still have not heard from him. I know he is reading my e-mails I am getting read recipts back when he does.
Posted By: irda Re: Classified rip-off - 01/25/05 10:05 PM
does he know that you know that he's reading your email?

hehe
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Classified rip-off - 01/25/05 10:13 PM
Originally posted by irda:
does he know that you know that he's reading your email?

hehe

Haha.. Next email should read "I know you're reading my emails.. Now sends the goods and you won't get hurt"

Mark
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 03:19 AM
Well it is wed. and still no word from the guy who ripped me off. He is still reading my e-mails but nothing back.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 05:27 PM
Time to add another death to his family - his own!
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 05:33 PM
Ya, people like think make me want to.
Posted By: Figols Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 07:03 PM
I sell alot of parts over the internet. I have a full time job in which I'm out of town alot, a family and a personal life. I still get the parts that I'm paid for shipped out in a reasonable amount of time. If I can't I make sure that I let the other party know and I keep contact with them until it is on it's way. Communication is key! There is no reasonable excuse, in my opinion, for this guy to not have sent out your parts.

Now, what this guy is doing is a federal offense. Since he has to ship the parts to you it is considered mail fraud. I know this because I do ship a lot of parts and it helps to know the laws. You need to contact your credit card and local authorities and file a complaint. It may take a while, but you will either get your parts or get you money back.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 07:58 PM
Well I just sent him a e-mail telling him I will contact the local authorities, and that it is mail fraud.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 08:23 PM
That was fast...

----- Original Message -----
To: <carraudio@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: Side skirts

you do what you want. I just read all you emails and they are all stupid b/c i don't really care what you do at this point i not doing any such thing. Isn't only fraud if I don't have it. and i do have it. I just haven't mailed it yet. so if that makes you feel better then do what you want. as for your comformation of coarse your going to get them b/c your emails get read by a scanning program so its going to send the comformation everytime you send a email.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 08:30 PM
You shouldn't get a confirmation until the email is opened or previewed. So, again, he attempts the dodge. (Doesn't mean he read them, though)

Man. What a dumbass.

Over 3 weeks, no communication, and still no part in the mail. Bluster is the last defense of someone who knows he's in the wrong.

Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

I agree. Good luck.
Posted By: R_G Re: Classified rip-off - 01/27/05 11:56 PM
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Originally posted by Stazi:

I agree. Good luck.

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Classified rip-off - 01/28/05 02:45 AM
ummmmmmmmm...been through this (sellers side ) a couple of years ago i was selling a svt uim, got the m.o. cashed it went to north carolina for 8 days on vacation,didnt respond to his emails(wasnt reading them) and the day after i get back home i have the local police knocking on my door at like 10pm asking if "i know such and such"...."umm,no"...,"its about selling some contour part"...."oh yeah"....anyways she gave me until 3pm the next day to prove to her that it was shipped or she was coming back for me ....yeah i had it shipped!!dont threaten anymore i'm sure hes doing to spight(sp) you, just submit the complaint contact the his local authorities,some cops have nothing better to do than bust someone like him
Posted By: BenS Re: Classified rip-off - 01/28/05 06:32 AM
Stop F*ing around with this c*ckblocker and contact http://www.trollhunters.com/ then file a complaint with Ebay, Paypal, and your CC company if thats the way you purchased the items.

Also contact his local authorities and ask what the procedure is for filing a complaint about mail/fraud, and/or small claims.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 01/28/05 04:18 PM
I think I might have found where he lives.

B Eldridge
1112 Sunhaven Dr
Saint Louis, MO
(314) 894-8584

To bad it is a little far from Albuquerque
Posted By: R_G Re: Classified rip-off - 01/28/05 07:54 PM

To bad it is a little far from Albuquerque

Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified - - 01/31/05 05:23 AM
I got info from BaBySHO telling me he had them and he was going to send them out on monday. We will see how it goes.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified - - 02/02/05 05:15 AM
Well still not a word from him.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 02/04/05 05:52 AM
Well he has sent paypal a tracking number but it doesn't work for UPS. So, we will see what he is tring to pull now.
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Classified rip-off - 02/04/05 06:38 AM
Im sorry to hear that

I got my Mirko Splitter in 3 days flat from SVTdad. Great seller - People shouldnt have to go through this

I just sold an HP F1503 LCD monitor on ebay...the buyer bought it with Buy it now which caught me off guard b/c I didnt expect my item to sell 30 min. after putting it up in a 7 day auction, but IN MY AUCTION IT READS: WILL SHIP DAY AFTER MONEY IS RECEIVED, he had paid me at midnight.

And you know what, I fulfilled my obligation - it went out 10:30 Am this morning

WTF sellers - get your a$$ in gear.

But I am having a problem with someone here on CEG who sold me some decals and now he wont answer my PM's when I KNOW hes browsing the forum and responding to posts. He has that little flashing mail icon but I guess my money is gone now. I HAD his phone number but somehow it got deleted in my Inbox....now I cant call him.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 02/13/05 02:47 PM
Still nothing and I have not got a refund from Paypal either.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Classified rip-off - 02/13/05 10:59 PM
Still nothing and I have not got a refund from Paypal either.

oh dammn! i'm sorry dude!

I'd always buy from someone I know who is well known and active in the forums ya know, but dammn wtf, hopefully everything works out well
Posted By: weasel Re: Classified rip-off - 02/14/05 05:55 AM
Maybe that prick should be the next "Buster" for Mythbusters ...
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Classified rip-off - 02/14/05 09:54 PM
Originally posted by weasel:
Maybe that prick should be the next "Buster" for Mythbusters ...

lol yeah good idea!
Posted By: snakous Re: Classified rip-off - 02/15/05 09:57 PM
This same guy emailed me today saying that he has C-27 Sideskirts for sale.

Email:

"I have the c-27 side skirts for sale if you interested."

I guess this guy doesn't think people read the forums. Looks like he's trying to rip a bunch of people off.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 02/16/05 11:02 PM
I just got this from Paypal...

We have determined that the seller is at fault in this matter but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Can someone go there and kick this guys ass?
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: Classified rip-off - 02/16/05 11:17 PM
Thats f up cuz. Sorry hear dat.
Posted By: btrautman Re: Classified rip-off - 02/17/05 01:18 AM

We have determined that the seller is at fault in this matter but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Paypal doesn't protect you from squat! I had a similar problem and after embarrasing this guy on this board, etc. He finally paid me. You really have very little protection from PayPal.......... name should PayPunk and hope you don't get punked!

Bob
Posted By: Frosty Re: Classified rip-off - 02/17/05 01:45 AM
Originally posted by my csvt:

If he hasn't posted on here, I wouldn't trust him, IMO. I don't care when he reg'd. Not after all the $&#!%^* scammers on there that CEG'rs have been preyed upon by already. I don't trust the classifieds...too bad they're full of pirates. Sorry to hear about your loss of cash. The classifieds could be a really good resource
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Classified rip-off - 02/17/05 10:21 AM

that's one reason why Paypal has been the subject of many lawsuits, including a class action one. supposedly they had been "cleaned" up when bought out by Ebay.....but apparantly not after seeing your situation.

have you contacted your bank? they should be able to help since this is a case of fraud. any luck with contacting any authorities?
Posted By: irda Re: Classified rip-off - 02/17/05 09:04 PM
paypal won't do anything, but at least you have that statement from them (seller is at fault) you can show to credit card company. you have to go to your bank or credit card company and dispute the item. that's the only way to get your money back. paypal scks.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Classified rip-off - 02/17/05 09:59 PM
I am currently working with my hack(cough) friend to find who this a-hole is... he ripped a guy on the site off $3600 and tried me too. I have three of his e-mail addresses. Some one has to have a direct link conversation with him to find his ip address.That way we can track him down.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Classified rip-off - 02/17/05 11:41 PM
Good luck with hunting him down. He deserves to be bounty hunted! Check out Signature Lincoln Mercury's Website. They have UNUSED OEM SVT side skirts for a lil over a hundred per skirt. I just bought a set of SE side skirts and they were a lil less than that.
Posted By: carraudio Re: Classified rip-off - 02/18/05 05:26 PM
Originally posted by me:
If I don't get my sideskirts or my money back soon I will be calling the
cops in your area and I will let them take care of it.

Originally posted by him:
and what exactly are they going to do. I sent them to you already.

Originally posted by me:
So, where is my tracking # and where are they?

Originally posted by him:
I sent everything to you so i really don't have time to play games with
you.

I have yet to get anything from him. I guess when I go to Nebraska this summer I will have to make a trip over to his house.
Posted By: ContourGuy9817 Re: Classified rip-off - 02/18/05 06:33 PM
i think spring zing should be in st louis this year...
© CEG Archives