Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 10:47 AM
hi all, glad to see that you are keeping the contour fire burning as brightly as ever. i havent been to the site in awhile. but i wanted to share the pictures of my tour... i meant to post them long ago but i have been busy and then i just slipped my mind so i am posting them now this accident took place on feb 29 (leap year)

url]http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-22.jpg[/url]

from the front

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-21.jpg

me and my baby 2 days after accident

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-18.jpg

from the rear

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-13.jpg

whole car at angle

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-5.jpg

close up of where i hit pole at angle

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-4.jpg

otherside at angle

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-2.jpg

side view, passanger head rest is out of car frame

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/onager1214/?action=view&current=296210-R1-1.jpg

look how bad frame is bent... tire is off the ground[/QUOTE]

if you want more pictures or if you want to know anything else about the accident just ask, i will check back over the next few days to say hi.... one more tour gone but it gave its life to save mine
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 11:07 AM
your one lucky sob to get out of that un hurt
Posted By: Nate'sTour Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 01:22 PM
Sh_t! There isn't one good exterior panel on that!
What happened?
Posted By: contour_phoenix_when_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 02:21 PM
how wide and deep was that pot hole that you hit.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 03:32 PM
I'm glad you're OK. I can imagine how you must have felt. I feel pain just looking at the pictures.

Are you going to try to replace it?
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 03:33 PM
Glad to see that you were ok. How fast were you going do you reckon? Looks like more than 40!

Must have been awful to loose your car, but as you put it, at least your car sacrified itself for you.

I like the 'for sale' sign on the windscreen.
Posted By: ContourGuy9817 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 03:34 PM
DAMN!
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 03:45 PM
How in the hell did that happen?

High speed roll over???

Damn you are lucky to be alive much less walk away!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 04:02 PM
Simply a miracle.
Posted By: Figols Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 04:07 PM
You are one lucky MF! I've seen a lot of wrecks at the salvage auctions and most aren't nearly as bad as yours. I'm surprised that you were walking 2 days after the wreck! Some times you just get lucky.
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 04:23 PM
Man that sux. At least the bumpers look alright. What do you drive now?
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 05:51 PM
thank you all. i too belive i had some form of higher being looking out for me. in my mothers opinion (and a small part mine) my father saved me on that horrible night. he died 2 months before from a massive heart attack. either way someone was watching over me... the wrecking yard didnt call my house because they thought i was dead. (lots of blood, especially on roof) and they didnt want to be inconsiderate

i actuallt fell asleep behind the wheel while driving home from a friends house i had the cruise cotrol set and nodded off. i hit a power pole at 60 mph (damage to drivers side in front of the wheel, you can see how the car wraped around it). i didnt hit it square so i didnt absoreb all of the impact. the car hit it at anagleand the back end actually accelerated around the pole. the drivers rear tire dug in. the car actually stood up straight on the back bumper (look at the mud on bumper and how the exuast is packed with mud and bent down and away) it landed on the passenger roof/ side which is why it is so crushed down and almost shifted to the drivers side. and then it rolled down the hwy and for a time was drug back ward which is why the passenger rear door was peeled back. it somehow ended up on it wheels and i was able to get out of the car. which is crazy considering the door opened but when i tried to close it there was almost 4 inches of overlap....

i truly walked away from the crash it happened at 3 am on a 2 lane country road about 2 miles from my house. i stayed with the car for about 10 min but then decided i couldnt wait (as no cars passed even up to that point). so i began to walk home. i got about 1/2 home (15 min later) when a car passed and picked me up. they took me home and called the cops. the cops wanted to write me a ticket for leaving the scene of the accident. i explained my reason and he let me go with a warning. the total bill for the light pole (power pole) was $6798.53. and it totaled my car out.

i was dumb at the time and didnt go right to the hospital (even at the cops insistence) i actually stayed home, the adrenelane made me feel little to no pain. 1 of my friends came to see me the next day and took me to the emergency room... i could barely move. it was like i got into the ring with tyson and called him a pansy. i had a mild concussion, broke my nose from just above my eye socket to just above my jaw (non-displaced). all they could do was give me pain pills and time for that. i also had to have 8 staples in the back of my head where it contacted the b piller and put a 4 inch gash and i recieved a cut on the left side of my face directly under my side burn at the jaw line. this required 15 stiches and the skin was flapped back with the fat layer so you could see my jaw bone/muscle. it actually cut the parotid glad (saliva) and my face leaked saliva when ever i ate for almost a month, it finally healed. those were the major injuries, other the scrapes and bruises. your can actually see a cut on the right side of my nose, thats where the break was as well. my upper thighs/lower body from my knees to my belly botton was a big black, non stop bruise. also my left arm and chest later bruised up as well. it hurt to breath for a couple of days...

as of now im much better.... i no longer drive tired and if i have to (trip to nc) if i feel myself getting close to the edge i stop and pull over... id recommend the same to all of you. other then a few injuries (upper thigh damage) i am fully healed. i have wonderful scares to constantly remind me of what happened. ive been told they add character to my face.

if you all want more pictures i would be willing to share them, i have 16 more pics of the damage, i pulled out the best ones already. either way let me know. i have a couple of the inside too...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 06:03 PM
I think being asleep was the only thing that saved you since your body was limp.
Posted By: Frosty Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 06:07 PM
Wow, that's truly amazing you survived that! The 'for sale' sign is funny.
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 06:12 PM
Originally posted by TourminatorGL:
Man that sux. At least the bumpers look alright. What do you drive now?

the bumpers look ok but there not. much damage behind the front and all pointing point ripped off. all four wheels are bent, no suspension is in good shape the brand new tranny ford put in 2 weeks before cracked the case, along with the engine block. the drivers seat broke. it actually layed almost flat from the impact nothing on the car was salvagable, except maybe the heads/cams but they went to the junk (salvage) yard i couldnt stop it...

i now drive a 2004 acura tl. i moved up in the world a bit. i looked for another svt but almost all that i found at the time were pretty ragged out. one guy told me he actually broke 4 trannys (and had the paperwork to prove it)!!! who would want that? my tl is very nice, lots of power (270) and it has a 6mt and navigation. it has more then i could ask for in most departments. but i still miss the contour... it had a tossability that the tl just cant match and when you ran it to redline it had an awsome shriek... the tl is whisper quiet...
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 06:15 PM
i was up when i hit thats why it didnt hit square, i turned the wheel trying to avoid it. i woke up when my car went off the road but it was too late for anything. i went through everthing, and it sucked so bad... the crunch of the roof i will never forget
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/13/05 06:19 PM
the wrecker guys put it there as a joke, trust me it was not for sale they felt bad that it was still on the car when i got there. i didnt call i just asked my insurance company where it was and showed up with my mom. the owner took me out to the car and was very nice talking about it when we got to the car his jaw dropped. he was like im so sorry i guess the driver thought it would be funny. looking back it is rather funny but at the time i couldnt even comprehend even that
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 04:00 AM
You are very very lucky. As an EMT, I have seem accidents with much less damage/impact, and people didn't walk away from those... .
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 04:10 AM
its sad to see the death of a contour.. and an SVT at that... Im glad to see that you are OK. And I hope all goes well for you
Posted By: Blue Goose Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 04:25 AM

wow, you are really lucky. my parents too are E.M.T.'s and they've never seen anything that bad, much less where someone survived. But it is really a miracle that your alive. My friends uncle wrecked his mint 68 I think Stingray 70 grand car. he was drunk and jumped the hills at the end of the highwy here at 90mph and he landed ON TOP of the trees and the fron end was just gone. He groke his leg multiple times but thats it. they had it out in fron of the school a few days later with our principal as the grim reaper standing by it. Just a thought, but our shcool puts on drunk driving and agressive driving dispalys out front with cars that get just demolished like that and that would be a huge eye'opener to us teenagers to slow down and use common sence if the local high school does stuff like that. just a thought.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 04:50 AM
Word's cannot describe these pictures. They take my breath away. How you survived is beyond me. You must be right about your Dad, no one could have survived that without Divine intervention. I keep thinking, wow, is that guy lucky to be alive.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 05:53 AM
holy [censored] [censored].... you are really lucky, really makes you think to take driving seriously too... Glad your ok
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 12:34 PM
Crazy. I know the feeling of what you went through. I thought my car looked bad, but it was even close. Chalk up another terrible car accident involving a contour where serious injuries were avoided.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 01:33 PM
Wow, your amazingly lucky, espicially to WALK away, glad your ok.

~Alex
Posted By: contour_phoenix_when_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 02:50 PM
yea well falling asleep at the wheel is not really a city slickers issue and is a major reason why I have not yet moved out of the city. lack of public transportation. I can go out late and take the train or bus or cab back home sleeping all the while
Posted By: 04marauder Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 06:40 PM
From looking at those pictures its obvious that the good Lord God almighty Himself spared your life on this one. I'm glad your alive to tell about this and allow me to offer you my condolences on the loss of your father. I bet he did intervene on your behalf in some way.
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 08:35 PM
additional pictures to those who asked to see them

close up of where pole hit... you can see the bent suspension and the tranny

another view of bent pillars and passenger head rest out side of cars roof

look how bent the door frame is bent, they said the roof had to "flex over" that far in order for that to have happened

interior showing all the dirt and debris

shows how the roof "tee-peed" over my head

front windshield

side view, bent window frame

front passenger fender
Posted By: Basil_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 08:57 PM
What is very scary..your air bag did not deploy! You are one lucky guy.
Posted By: Kirill_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/14/05 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Y2K-SVT:
the drivers seat broke.

I knew that rocking in a back of the driver seat on tours wasn't a good thing.
Posted By: SVTcontourSVT Re: wreck of my contour - 01/15/05 12:15 AM
Wow, cant believe your still here posting! That tour is messed up....! Another reason to keep mine, good saftey! My grandma didnt believe me when I said you were still alive.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/15/05 01:57 AM
You should thank the stars noone was with you in the front, they would have died!

One of my friends during his first winter decided it'd be cool to drift a curve ona straightaway, and plummetted him and all four passengers down a forty foot hill. they all lived, the only girl had bruises EVERYWHERE on her body and tore muscles/ligaments, u name it.

I think after that, I'd take that SVT Plaque and mount in a frame for saving my life.. and glad you're alive to tell the story.
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/15/05 03:12 AM
OMFG!! You gotta be kidding me Thats crazy man. What saved you is that the roof tepeed over your head. You are one lucky man to survive that kind of crash. There no way in hell that the average person will survive that crash. You are very blssed to be alive. You should be on Ripleys belive it or not lol.
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/15/05 07:52 AM
Originally posted by SVTcontourSVT:
Wow, cant believe your still here posting! That tour is messed up....! Another reason to keep mine, good saftey! My grandma didnt believe me when I said you were still alive.

alive and well, the tour did every thing right to save me... hold on to yours as long as you can. truly a great car
Posted By: Y2K-SVT_dup1 Re: wreck of my contour - 01/15/05 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:

I think after that, I'd take that SVT Plaque and mount in a frame for saving my life.. and glad you're alive to tell the story.

i have the rear facia (the red lens that goes all the way across back of the car with the plate) it has my plate still attached that reads y2k-svt. its mounted in my garage broke all to hell... the lens is broke w/ chunks missing wires hanging out, silver strip cracked. but its there all the same
Posted By: IanX12SVT Re: wreck of my contour - 01/15/05 04:16 PM
glad your alive them pictures bring back some momeries of when my car flipped i have not ever street raced/speed again am to damn sceard.
© CEG Archives