Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SonofSHO Why are all the tours in the east? - 12/01/04 06:47 AM
I have been shopping for a 98+ SVT or SE sport and have come to the conclusions that most contours were sold in the eastern US. Even the vehicles I look at here in Arizona or in California were originally sold east of the Mississippi.

Is this just random selection, or was the car not marketed in the West? I know the SVT was only sold through Qualified Dealers, were there more in the east?
Originally posted by SonofSHO:
I have been shopping for a 98+ SVT or SE sport and have come to the conclusions that most contours were sold in the eastern US. Even the vehicles I look at here in Arizona or in California were originally sold east of the Mississippi.

Is this just random selection, or was the car not marketed in the West? I know the SVT was only sold through Qualified Dealers, were there more in the east?

Well ya see, we here in the east are FAR more sophisticated than the rabble that is found out west. We have a better appreciation for & grasp of fine motorcars.

Posted By: Jason43 Re: Why are all the tours in the east? - 12/01/04 01:44 PM
Because we rule.
Actually I think they are all in MI.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Why are all the tours in the east? - 12/01/04 01:52 PM

Motor City Detroit...
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Motor City Detroit...

Well, that is one part of MI. Guess you got an A in geography.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Well ya see, we here in the east are FAR more sophisticated than the rabble that is found out west. We have a better appreciation for & grasp of fine motorcars.

wth is rabble? but i do see contours every day like a lot, so yeah i guess a lot are in the east, or in the south, or in the south east, im not sure.
I think i have counted less than 8 diffrent countour/mystiques out by me. mine, my grandma's my neighbors, a black a svt i used to see on the way to school, but now go a diffrent way, a red mystique on 280 one day, and a couple with bad body damage. so it would be safe to say, there are very few contours out here. that makes all of the west coast tour owners, special!
Posted By: Booger Re: Why are all the tours in the east? - 12/01/04 05:32 PM
I think everyone out west is special
what's a contour?
Wages are a lot higher on the west coast and our ethnic mix results in many preferring Asian or European cars. That goes for Kia & Hyundai too for the lower class citizens from the border.

10th best selling car in Cali in 2003 was the 3-series BMW.

Many on this site are FORD loyalists due to there access to the family discount plans while us in the West most likely have no relatives working for Ford or one of its major suppliers to get any sort of discount.

mine has spent it's years in Co. orignaly sold at o'mera ford center.
Posted By: woodysvt Re: Why are all the tours in the east? - 12/01/04 06:40 PM
how much you looking to spend?
Cause:

East Coast > West Coast

Holla!
Plenty of 'Tours in flyover country, but we're smart enough to hang onto them.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Why are all the tours in the east? - 12/02/04 12:13 AM
Ford was popular in CA in the 80's when the T-Bird was redesigned. But they fell off the West Coast buyers lists in the 90's.

Posted By: SonofSHO Re: Why are all the tours in the east? - 12/02/04 09:38 AM
Originally posted by woodysvt:
how much you looking to spend?

Well, I am an admitted automotive bottom feeder. I typically buy cars with about 100k miles and drive them the next 100 K or so. Would still be driving the SHO (234k) if not for the wreck.

So, looking to spend $3-6K depending on what it is and miles. There seem to be many SEs and SVT in this range.
© CEG Archives