Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 97se hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 03:00 PM
Does anybody know where to find hidden or secret warranties online?
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 03:05 PM
you should try looking at www.wtfareyoutalkingabout.com

Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 03:20 PM
that link doesn't work
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

Posted By: Pienstars Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 03:21 PM

LMAO
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 03:36 PM

You've got it all wrong their MX. This is the website for him.
www.wtfareyoutalkingabout.org
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 97se:

Yes, behind the hidden or secret car dealerships.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:10 PM
then you must find the hidden or secret service writer...
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by 97se:

Yes, behind the hidden or secret car dealerships.

Posted By: MFE_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:22 PM
You f-ing choads. You're about to look REALLY stupid.

He's referring to "goodwill" warranties and back-door warranties where a car has a problem the car maker acknolwedges but doesn't want to admit in public for fear of forcing a recall. It happens ALL THE TIME. As a matter of fact, there'a st least one on the Contour, dealing with the piece of [censored] ATX. I know, because learned the code and used it to get a new trans installed by a dealer for $500.

There's probably a dozen "secret warranties" from any manufacturer at any time. If they "honor" them at all, it's usually from the standpoint of "well, you know, this isn't covered under warranty but because we value you as a customer, we'll do this for you just this once". The customer thinks the dealership is doing them a favor when in fact they're helping the factory cover up a known defect. The happy customer doesn't go squawking to the NHTSA and that's one less complaint on the way to critical mass that drives a recall.

That said, I am not aware of any website that lists the secret warranties.

So tell me how that crow tastes, you boneheads.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:23 PM
Go to your Nintendo and go up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right. Free hidden unlimited warranties for everyone!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:25 PM
I surely have not the wit as my fellow CEG'ers so I have to tell you what I actually know. I suggest alldata.com to find all warranties and recalls. They also give TSB's. As for those elusive "secret warranties".....keep buying those books from this guy.....

Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:30 PM
Duh, because they are SECRET

And it taste like chicken.....

Originally posted by MFE:

That said, I am not aware of any website that lists the secret warranties.

So tell me how that crow tastes, you boneheads.

Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:39 PM
Yeah call Matther Lesko!

-Andy
Posted By: MFE_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:44 PM
Here, have another couple helpings.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/car-guide/outofwarrnty.asp

http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=721&scid=112

http://www.lemonaidcars.com/secret_warranties.htm

Quote:

Getting your money back from an automaker or dealer is easyââ?¬â?if you use the hundreds of confidential service bulletins and unreported court decisions found only in the annual Lemon-Aid New and Used Car and Truck guides. Here are the top ten auto problems covered by secret warranties:

GM, Ford, and Chrysler paint delaminationââ?¬â?Paint turns white and peels. Pictures, plus, the Saskatchewan judgment where a GM owner got $3,000 a decade after buying her car

GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Toyota rotten-egg exhaustââ?¬â?Reprints of ââ?¬Å?smoking gunââ?¬Â bulletins that blame the catalytic converter; replacement is usually covered by the emissions warranty.

GM inaccurate fuel gauges (registers Full when tank is Empty)ââ?¬â?More secret bulletins where GM admit its error. Problem can be caused by high-sulfur Shell or Texaco fuel, a faulty fuel pump and sensor, or a defective catalytic converter; this repair may also be covered by the emissions warranty.

GM, Saturn, Ford, and Chrysler engine head gasketsââ?¬â?Too many service bulletins in the book to count, plus some important court cases that nailed Fordââ?¬â?¢s hide to the wall. This failure can ruin your engine if not fixed in time. Symptoms: overheating, windows fog up, and poor gas mileage

GM and Ford engine intake manifoldsââ?¬â?Same as above, plus, pictures of the defect.

GM, Ford, and Chrysler automatic transmissionsââ?¬â?GMââ?¬â?¢s internal bulletins say the problem affects all GM cars and trucks because the companyââ?¬â?¢s own tranny design is faulty. GM, Ford, and Chrysler failures usually begin with slow or harsh shifting, slipping, or the tranny stuck in low gear.

Chrysler AC evaporatorsââ?¬â?Use Chryslerââ?¬â?¢s own document as a benchmark; it says repair or replacement should be free up to 7 years.

Ford Windstar front springsââ?¬â?We have the proof in Lemon-Aid that Ford will pay for new springs up to 10 years.

GM minivan roof rustââ?¬â?According to GMââ?¬â?¢s own service bulletin, 1997-2003 minivans will get a new roof and 10 hours of free labour to fix rust holes

GM diesel enginesââ?¬â?Owners of 1994-2000 6.5L diesel-equipped trucks will get free fuel pump replacements up to 11 years/193,000 km.

Honda and Toyota engines and transmissionsââ?¬â?Both companies will extend free ââ?¬Å?goodwillââ?¬Â repairs up to 8 years.

Posted By: MFE_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:47 PM
97se, study this site. Not only does it highlight a lot of goodwill programs, it also walks you through how to get taken care of. And don't forget...Google is your friend.

http://www.lemonaidcars.com/
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:48 PM
I found a hidden warranty. It was in the back of my closet, I don't know what it's for though, it says it's a secret.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:51 PM
how is that a 'hidden warranty'? Looks to me as if those are TSBs...

Quote:

Getting your money back from an automaker or dealer is easyââ?¬â?if you use the hundreds of confidential service bulletins and unreported court decisions found only in the annual Lemon-Aid New and Used Car and Truck guides. Here are the top ten auto problems covered by secret warranties:

GM, Ford, and Chrysler paint delaminationââ?¬â?Paint turns white and peels. Pictures, plus, the Saskatchewan judgment where a GM owner got $3,000 a decade after buying her car

GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Toyota rotten-egg exhaustââ?¬â?Reprints of ââ?¬Å?smoking gunââ?¬Â bulletins that blame the catalytic converter; replacement is usually covered by the emissions warranty.

GM inaccurate fuel gauges (registers Full when tank is Empty)ââ?¬â?More secret bulletins where GM admit its error. Problem can be caused by high-sulfur Shell or Texaco fuel, a faulty fuel pump and sensor, or a defective catalytic converter; this repair may also be covered by the emissions warranty.

GM, Saturn, Ford, and Chrysler engine head gasketsââ?¬â?Too many service bulletins in the book to count, plus some important court cases that nailed Fordââ?¬â?¢s hide to the wall. This failure can ruin your engine if not fixed in time. Symptoms: overheating, windows fog up, and poor gas mileage

GM and Ford engine intake manifoldsââ?¬â?Same as above, plus, pictures of the defect.

GM, Ford, and Chrysler automatic transmissionsââ?¬â?GMââ?¬â?¢s internal bulletins say the problem affects all GM cars and trucks because the companyââ?¬â?¢s own tranny design is faulty. GM, Ford, and Chrysler failures usually begin with slow or harsh shifting, slipping, or the tranny stuck in low gear.

Chrysler AC evaporatorsââ?¬â?Use Chryslerââ?¬â?¢s own document as a benchmark; it says repair or replacement should be free up to 7 years.

Ford Windstar front springsââ?¬â?We have the proof in Lemon-Aid that Ford will pay for new springs up to 10 years.

GM minivan roof rustââ?¬â?According to GMââ?¬â?¢s own service bulletin, 1997-2003 minivans will get a new roof and 10 hours of free labour to fix rust holes

GM diesel enginesââ?¬â?Owners of 1994-2000 6.5L diesel-equipped trucks will get free fuel pump replacements up to 11 years/193,000 km.

Honda and Toyota engines and transmissionsââ?¬â?Both companies will extend free ââ?¬Å?goodwillââ?¬Â repairs up to 8 years.

Posted By: MFE_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 04:54 PM
Yeah, TSBs that have goodwill, unpublished, non-public, undisclosed warranties behind them. If you chuckleheads would put down the standup routine for 30 seconds you might learn something. And whatever you do, don't quit your day jobs.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 05:00 PM
Yes sir. Sorry sir. Won't happen again sir.

Yeah, TSBs that have goodwill, unpublished, non-public, undisclosed warranties behind them. If you chuckleheads would put down the standup routine for 30 seconds you might learn something. And whatever you do, don't quit your day jobs.

Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 05:03 PM

I was actually thinking about quitting my job so that I could paruse forums all day and crack jokes. Hopefully the forums will just pay me per joke to keep their forum light hearted. I think with your new piece of advice, I'll just stick with my job I have now.

Ba Boom Boom CHSSSSSHHHH!!!!!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 05:36 PM
And whatever you do, don't quit your day jobs.

i'd say the same for you. condescending know-it-alls have a very limited job market.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 05:38 PM
And whatever you do, don't quit your day jobs.

i'd say the same for you. condescending know-it-alls have a very limited job market.

Ba boom boom CHSSSHH!!!!
Posted By: MFE_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 05:40 PM
Condescending? You're the [censored]-wads who launched into a n00b asking a valid question and threw out a hack comedy routine out of sheer ignorance. It doesn't get any more condescending than THAT.

You can call me whatever you want but when YOU need help on something *I* know about, you'll appreciate the tech I bring to the table and you'll also appreciate that I keep my trap shut if I don't know what I'm talking about. There's another helpful suggestion for you to take to the bank.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 05:44 PM
You can call me whatever you want but when YOU need help on something *I* know about, you'll appreciate the tech I bring to the table

get over yourself. the "n00b" isn't complaining, just you. and i asked a valid question, i wanted to know wtf he was talking about. unbunch your panties and go back to patting yourself on the back.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 05:57 PM
This place cracks me up.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 06:04 PM
Condescending? You're the [censored]-wads who launched into a n00b asking a valid question and threw out a hack comedy routine out of sheer ignorance. It doesn't get any more condescending than THAT.

You can call me whatever you want but when YOU need help on something *I* know about, you'll appreciate the tech I bring to the table and you'll also appreciate that I keep my trap shut if I don't know what I'm talking about. There's another helpful suggestion for you to take to the bank.

What crawled and died in your bum today? Chill out man, its only the internet.
Posted By: MFE_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 06:09 PM
You can call me whatever you want but when YOU need help on something *I* know about, you'll appreciate the tech I bring to the table

get over yourself. the "n00b" isn't complaining, just you. and i asked a valid question, i wanted to know wtf he was talking about. unbunch your panties and go back to patting yourself on the back.

the "nOOb" hasn't even checked back yet, far as I can tell, and no [censored]' wonder afer the way he got treated.

As for chilling out, it's only the internet? That's what retards say about a TECH RESOURCE that gets taken seriously by the people who need it and the people who take the time to provide it, when they're all out of face-saving options.

This place is pathetic sometimes.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 06:21 PM

the "nOOb" hasn't even checked back yet, far as I can tell, and no [censored]' wonder afer the way he got treated.

As for chilling out, it's only the internet? That's what retards say about a TECH RESOURCE that gets taken seriously by the people who need it and the people who take the time to provide it, when they're all out of face-saving options.

This place is pathetic sometimes.

Sometimes.. agreed.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 07:46 PM

Quote:

Frankly, thanks a million MFE! That's good info & exactly the reason I spend time on sites like this one - sharing information.

Most other sites I've been to have WAAAAY more than their share of comedians. CEG ain't too bad, really. Does have its moments, I'll admit...
Posted By: TJSwoboda Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 07:55 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

SIR?! DO I LOOK LIKE A F***IN' OFFICER TO YOU, NUMBNUTS? GIMME TWENTY-FIVE!

--T.J., trying the lame joke thing and not quitting my day job...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 08:01 PM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:

I was actually thinking about quitting my job so that I could paruse forums all day and crack jokes. Hopefully the forums will just pay me per joke to keep their forum light hearted. I think with your new piece of advice, I'll just stick with my job I have now.

I've been trying that for about 3 months now. I haven't received a check yet and I'm angry. I should have spent my time with my secret warranty map searching for hidden warranties in sunken pirate ships.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 08:11 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

"FROM NOW ON, YOU WILL BE REFERRED TO AS PRIVATE JOKER! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME SCUMBAG?!"
Posted By: svt4stv Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:

I've been trying that for about 3 months now. I haven't received a check yet and I'm angry. I should have spent my time with my secret warranty map searching for hidden warranties in sunken pirate ships.

what you NEED to do is watch more "Dora the Explorer". she can show you how to properly use a map. you just have to watch out for Swiper and if you see him yell out "SWIPER NO SWIPING!"
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 08:16 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:

what you NEED to do is watch more "Dora the Explorer". she can show you how to properly use a map. you just have to watch out for Swiper and if you see him yell out "SWIPER NO SWIPING!"

I've never seen that show though I've heard something about swiper... uhh yeah, though I don't get it.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 09:20 PM
MFE = Unstable!

Although he proposes a point about jumping on the noobs. I dish out my share of crap to people that don't Search, but it's usually after I see that they've

A: been registered for 2 months, or
B: have 300 posts and still don't frequent the Search function.

Mark
Posted By: MFE_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 09:52 PM
I'm plenty stable. It was all good (a little acerbic to make my point, but all good) until the perpetrator knuckleheads come at ME for being condescending and a know-it-all.

I already addressed the condescending issue. As for the know-it-all tag? I get that sometimes after they push me to take them to school. I guess that from the standpoint of the person who knows nothing but spouts BS as if he does, there's no point of reference to know how high is up, so it's all about accusing the guy of knowing something of claiming to know everything.
Posted By: contourGL1996 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 10:18 PM

FFFFFFFFOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR FFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

FRRRRRRRRROM THE GOVERNMENT!!!
Posted By: popecruz Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 10:48 PM
Originally posted by contourGL1996:

FFFFFFFFOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR FFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

FRRRRRRRRROM THE GOVERNMENT!!!

hhahahahahahah
Posted By: Pre98 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/03/04 11:38 PM
Ford still will not grant me the replacement of my catalytic converter. It's on alldata, I even shown them; still won't do it. My cat's inards are broken into 2 or 3 nice big junks, and it messes with my ecu all the time (cel). Doesnt bog the car down yet, it just smells when I beat on it. I'd imagine that's a hidden one.
Posted By: TJSwoboda Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/04/04 03:23 AM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
"FROM NOW ON, YOU WILL BE REFERRED TO AS PRIVATE JOKER! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME SCUMBAG?!"

YOU DON'T SCARE ME! WORK ON IT!

--T.J.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/04/04 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:
Ford still will not grant me the replacement of my catalytic converter. It's on alldata, I even shown them; still won't do it. My cat's inards are broken into 2 or 3 nice big junks, and it messes with my ecu all the time (cel). Doesnt bog the car down yet, it just smells when I beat on it. I'd imagine that's a hidden one.

Prolly dealer specific. ALtho shouldn't be. Try a different one
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: hidden or secret warranties - 11/04/04 12:52 PM
Emissions warranty is for 8yrs or 80k...if your over that, Ford doesn't have to do anything...

Originally posted by Pre98:

© CEG Archives