Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Every SVT I've come across has a sunroof. Mine doesn't. I don't have a power trunk release either. What gives?

On the other hand, I'm lighter than the other CSVTs
It's because yours is fake. That zetec under the hood should have been your first clue......j/k
there are at least two other members that I know of

one is here in New England I beleive

and one was posted in the pic and vid section unter the title overhead shot, or looking for overhead shot
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
I don't have a power trunk release either. What gives?

You're saying that you don't have a solenoid to pop the trunk latch? You have the button on the remote, right....so the button does nothing?
I have no remote....I bought the car with one key, that's it.
Originally posted by amarv12:
I don't have a power trunk release either. What gives?

You're saying that you don't have a solenoid to pop the trunk latch? You have the button on the remote, right....so the button does nothing?

Nope, I don't have a solenoid. It's cable controlled for sure. My remotes are aftermarket. My friend installed the system and we checked, no love. I had the factory remotes, and nope, they do nada. My CSVT also has the 98' shift assembly as well. (although I think it's better) I got gyped!
Every SVT I've come across has a sunroof. Mine doesn't. I don't have a power trunk release either. What gives?

Yes John, i am affraid that you are lol, j/k but that is weird as hell man... what do you mean by the 98 shift mechanisms?
My CSVT also has the 98' shift assembly as well. (although I think it's better) I got gyped!

What do you mean by the 98 shift assembly?
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
My CSVT also has the 98' shift assembly as well. (although I think it's better) I got gyped!

What do you mean by the 98 shift assembly?

I'm not sure how to explain it. It's all metal for one thing. The assembly is kinda reversed as well. The pin is on the left side and overall it looks very different from other 00's I've seen.
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
It's because yours is fake. That zetec under the hood should have been your first clue......j/k

HAHAHAHA! Good one!
I don't have a sunroof either
I think you can find out if it is a true SVT or not if you check your VIN. Someone on here might now, and it might be under the "VIN Decoding" part. Someone could have just put a SVT badge of the back of a Sport, to make it worth more.
Originally posted by Matt R:
I think you can find out if it is a true SVT or not if you check your VIN. Someone on here might now, and it might be under the "VIN Decoding" part. Someone could have just put a SVT badge of the back of a Sport, to make it worth more.

there is a whole lot more then a badge involved

the sunroof was an option after all along with the cd player
Originally posted by brapple:

I thought the CD player was standard? I know sunroof and spoiler were options...
Originally posted by 98 SE:

I thought the CD player was standard? I know sunroof and spoiler were options...

IIRC for 00s, sunroofs, CD player and rear wing were "no charge" options. The 8 SVTs of various colors at the dealership where I bought mine all had sunroof, CD and wing.

Myself (00) and another local SVT (00) did not even get the dual core SVT radiator. I have a feeling that 2000s got gypped with "whatever we have parts" to complete production.
When I bought mine, there were only two additional options, a sunroof and the CD player. Mine came with the CD player which I swaped for a cassette player and no sunroof. Later, the sunroof became a no cost option.

Technically, there was a third available option that could be ordered from the factory. It was usually only ordered on cars from cold climates. Any guesses? It was the block heater.

The spoiler was not a factory option until the 2000 model year although some had it installed by the dealer.
Originally posted by Big Jim:
When I bought mine, there were only two additional options, a sunroof and the CD player. Mine came with the CD player which I swaped for a cassette player and no sunroof. Later, the sunroof became a no cost option.

Technically, there was a third available option that could be ordered from the factory. It was usually only ordered on cars from cold climates. Any guesses? It was the block heater.

The spoiler was not a factory option until the 2000 model year although some had it installed by the dealer.

wasn't traction control an option as well?
My svt owner's manual also said something about a special child safety seat in the rear seat, but nothin in mine.

mine came w/ a tape deck (per the original owner) and a sunroof. he said the dealer added the "smoker's package" even though he doesnt smoke. cutest little thing ive ever seen..

Nope, I don't have a solenoid. It's cable controlled for sure. My remotes are aftermarket. My friend installed the system and we checked, no love. I had the factory remotes, and nope, they do nada. My CSVT also has the 98' shift assembly as well. (although I think it's better) I got gyped!

Well, i have a solenoid and cable....cable for manual lever, and solenoid to pop via remote. But if you say there's no solenoid behind the black plastic cover, then that's really weird. Did you buy it used?

Originally posted by JonnySVT:
I have no remote....I bought the car with one key, that's it.

I bet you have RKE, if i were you, i'd hit up a JY and get some keyless entry action going.
A large number of 98's don't have one.

From E1 on (IIRC) it was a "no cost" option.

Since most dealerships ordered the SVT's long before they were built or sold most had the "no cost" Power Moonroof option.

I personally didn't want one. However I do like the quiet venting ability when moving and heat relief when stopped.
Well once I fixed the constant failures. (One of the first fixes I looked for on CEG - before I was a member even)

Spoilers were a dealer option until 99. Then it was a factory option but still dealer installed. (yeah big difference) (~$245)

Traction control was never an option.
One "freak" has it but it wasn't suppose to. It didn't even have to TCS switch meaning it was always on.

CD or Tape was a no-cost choice. As you can imagine most were CD because tapes suck.
Not that it matters much because the factory stereo sucks too!

Smokers package was an option ($15 for an ashtray to fit the cup holder and a lighter)
Block heater was an option
Originally posted by amarv12:

Well, i have a solenoid and cable....cable for manual lever, and solenoid to pop via remote. But if you say there's no solenoid behind the black plastic cover, then that's really weird. Did you buy it used?

Yeah, I bought it used. I am the second owner. It had 22k on it when I got it in 02'. Maybe the previous owner removed it for weight reduction purposes.
i want a keyless entry system that will pop my trunk also, but there is nothing electrical about the trunk mechanism, at all...

also, im crazy and i came up with a crazy idea.. sorta like the mercedes keys or something..

i wanna saw off my metal key off the ford plastic thing, and somehow build a TINY remote, with lock, unlock, trunk, and intergate it all in a new remote and somehow glue the metal key back on. sorta because i dont want to have to carry around a remote seperate from the key. it gets on my nerves!!!

mabey ill mass produce these or somethign retarted like that
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
A large number of 98's don't have one.

From E1 on (IIRC) it was a "no cost" option.

Since most dealerships ordered the SVT's long before they were built or sold most had the "no cost" Power Moonroof option.

I personally didn't want one. However I do like the quiet venting ability when moving and heat relief when stopped.
Well once I fixed the constant failures. (One of the first fixes I looked for on CEG - before I was a member even)

Spoilers were a dealer option until 99. Then it was a factory option but still dealer installed. (yeah big difference) (~$245)

Traction control was never an option.
One "freak" has it but it wasn't suppose to. It didn't even have to TCS switch meaning it was always on.

CD or Tape was a no-cost choice. As you can imagine most were CD because tapes suck.
Not that it matters much because the factory stereo sucks too!

Smokers package was an option ($15 for an ashtray to fit the cup holder and a lighter)
Block heater was an option

I have a 99 SE with leather, TCS, and no sunroof. Mine is option'd very wierd. I am looking at getting a moonroof this spring tho.
I too, have no sunroof.
My E0 didn't have one. I prefer it that way. They add weight and slightly raise the center gravity, rob an inch or more of headroom, and every one I've ever had in a car has leaked . No sunroofs for me, if I can help it.
garretto, if you chopped off the black thing from you key, and put on a small remote you couldn't start your car. The black plastic peice has a chip in it that signals your car that the key is specifically for your car. But anyways... nice try

David
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I have a 99 SE with leather, TCS, and no sunroof.

SE

I think you missed the point about this being a thread about SVT's.
My E0 has a sunroof but there are 2 others in the area without.

Nice try Garret, it would be awsoem to have a key made that is a switch-blade style like the one for my VW.
I have no sunroof on my SVT either. I wish I did...
No sunroof here
98.5 SVT
Originally posted by GreenHornet:
I have no sunroof on my SVT either. I wish I did...

Look at it this way though.

You probably have one of the rarer SVT's then.

It's a 2000
It's Green.
It has no moonroof.

Hmmm, I have an E0

It has a moonroof
It had the CD player
I got a spoiler as an option

Of course, how can one tell if I have the SVT radiator? I assume I do, dammit Pete, you're freaking me out here. . .
I have no sunroof but came with the cd player. My car was also built in april of 1997 so it even has the pre-98 side view mirrors. most people can't tell the difference but when your mirror gets smashed off and you order a 98 you will notice the difference.
No sun roof in my 98 svt

OUTLAWDSVT's 2000 svt DOES NOT have a sunroof!! We were just talking about this again the other day. I wasn't sure if anyone else didn't have one, but now it's true. I will try to dig up a pic of it.

Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Originally posted by 98 SE:

IIRC for 00s, sunroofs, CD player and rear wing were "no charge" options. The 8 SVTs of various colors at the dealership where I bought mine all had sunroof, CD and wing.

Myself (00) and another local SVT (00) did not even get the dual core SVT radiator. I have a feeling that 2000s got gypped with "whatever we have parts" to complete production.

Wow, never even knew that these were options..where I purchased mine they all had CD, Moonroof, and Spoiler...this was for 00....

Wonder if I have any off parts as I could so see them trying to drop stock on a few cars to cut back on excess.
Kokopellian: What color is your SVT? Wing? pics?

thanks.
Originally posted by dartsoccer8:

thanks.

Black on Tan, your basic looking CSVT with tinted windows. She does have a KKM intake, KVR Xdrilled Rotors w/carbon fiber pads, B&M short shifter, and an Alpine unit with some nice speakers and two 10s. I've got other goodies in store for her shortly though.

my car is probably one of the strangest when it comes to options

its a 1997 LX

came with a duratec and an atx

no sunroof

no abs, and no TC, but had 4 wheel discs

24v dohc fender badges

power everything

tape deck, no premium sound

14" steelies
Originally posted by dartsoccer8:

thanks.

Black on Tan, your basic looking CSVT with tinted windows. She does have a KKM intake, KVR Xdrilled Rotors w/carbon fiber pads, B&M short shifter, and an Alpine unit with some nice speakers and two 10s. I've got other goodies in store for her shortly though.

stock wing??
Yup, stock wing.
I have a sunroof and CD player, car had an aftermarket wing installed at the used lot i bought it from before I got it, so no option there but I really like it, complements the backend well. it is similar to the factory wing just with two mounting posts instead of 3. Mine is an early 99 (nov. 98 built) with late 99 breaks...so I just have a minor freak.
© CEG Archives