Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/01/04 04:15 AM
Here are the submissions for October. Voting will be open until the 10th of October. When voting, keep in mind that this contest is about the quality of the car's FI install as well as the overall look.

LoCoZs/c

Buckshot77

cawong11

Posted By: MxRacer Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/01/04 04:28 AM
i just wanted to say... all three vehicles are beautiful and different! very cool!!!

Posted By: rouar Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/01/04 05:22 AM
haha ... putting Buckshot's car in there, is there any contest?

No offense to Hector and cawong (who both have incredibly nice cars as well), but I think Rick has dedicated the most to the Contour. Any other contest and everybody would be a winner, but Buckshot blows away all.
Originally posted by 98 SE:
haha ... putting Buckshot's car in there, is there any contest?

No offense to Hector and cawong (who both have incredibly nice cars as well), but I think Rick has dedicated the most to the Contour. Any other contest and everybody would be a winner, but Buckshot blows away all.

True, I think chris's car looks the best, hector's is the most unique, but rick's car owns all with horsepower, money and time spent on it, and just overall sweetness.
Posted By: SAV Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/01/04 05:37 AM
Yep. Hector's car looks much better now that it's...finished. But the wheels are still too small.

Chris's car looks badass, with the exception of that hood. Bleh.

So I voted for Rick's car.
Thanks for the kind words guys. It's been a long time coming. I sent some great shots to Hetfield so hopefully we'll get to see them at the end of the voting.

Rick
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/01/04 10:01 PM
Rick,
Any calendar worthy pics? Would love to see you in there!
Yes and no. I've got some great pics but nothing that has what I think is a great background. How big of an email can you take? Drop me a PM and I can forward you what I sent to Hetfield. I'm thinking about getting the car out in a week or two and looking for some nice background pics.

Rick
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
How big of an email can you take? Drop me a PM and I can forward you what I sent to Hetfield.

Better have a Gmail account! j/k
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/02/04 04:16 AM
Hmm, that's an older picture of my engine bay. There are some newer ones showing Buckshot's aftercooler.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/03/04 12:40 AM
Woooohooooo I got 4 votes!
All three cars are bada$$ , however....

This month is about FI, and FI is all about power.....so i had to vote for the car with the most power, Buckshot get's my vote this month.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/03/04 12:53 AM
Originally posted by amarv12:
All three cars are bada$$ , however....

This month is about FI, and FI is all about power.....so i had to vote for the car with the most power, Buckshot get's my vote this month.

It has nothing to do with power.
Posted By: TronX Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/03/04 01:29 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:

I voted for you man. LONG LIVE THE ZETEC!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/03/04 01:32 AM
Originally posted by TronX:
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:

I voted for you man. LONG LIVE THE ZETEC!

Thanks. I wanted something different. If I wanted tons of power I would have gotten rid of the Zetec and got a new car. I love the Contour and wanted to show that you can do something different if you put your head into it.
Gotta love that hood on Wong's car....
Posted By: ElKy Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/03/04 07:35 AM
had to vote for rick, stained my pants twice riding in that car!
woohoo
If Rick wins, free rides for all CEG'ers that show up at his front door!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/03/04 10:14 PM
Locoz for doing something "new" to a own3d engine
But props to Rick and Chris for their Customs bits.
Originally posted by ElKy:
had to vote for rick, stained my pants twice riding in that car!

this is why people wear underwear - to protect the pants from stains.

Rick, wash your seats
Posted By: SpliceVW Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/04/04 01:39 PM
Woulda voted for buckshot, but that color blows.. sorry!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/04/04 02:17 PM
I think you guys did a great job with your cars! Very nice!
This was another tough one to decide!
Originally posted by SpliceVW:

Posted By: SAV Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/04/04 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

[Confusion.] Toreador red blows? Maybe the turbo blows...but not the color.

Heh, I made a funny.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/04/04 06:15 PM
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

[Confusion.] Toreador red blows? Maybe the turbo blows...but not the color.

Heh, I made a funny.

Not as funny as you'd like since it's not a turbo

Mark
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/04/04 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

since it's not a turbo

Mark

Sure looks like a turbo to me. Perhap's he just threw some pipes and an intercooler in there to look perty. That makes sense.

EDIT: Ah I see, it's SC not TC. I still would've thought it was turbo'ed if I didn't see the license plate.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/04/04 10:07 PM
1162 Posts and you haven't seen under the hood of a turbo'd V6 Contour? Looking at the two, there's a HUGE difference in appearance. I think the S/C has more of a "show" quality look to it as opposed to the turbo kit, but would I go S/C before T/C for a Contour? NOPE!

Mark
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/06/04 04:45 AM
Originally posted by gearhead:
Gotta love that hood on Wong's car....

I agree!!!!!
Sheesh, I've got that hood sitting in my garage right now if it makes that big of a difference
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/07/04 06:50 PM
Sheesh, I've got that hood sitting in my garage right now if it makes that big of a difference

Hey Rick, how come you haven't put it on yet?
No time. Been powdercoating for people.... hmmm

I've got 2 3L shortblocks I'm building, plus I just built a deck on the front of my house. Gotta keep the wife happy too!

Plus, I think I'm going to do mine a it different than everyone else.

Rick
Posted By: TronX Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/07/04 08:27 PM

Plus, I think I'm going to do mine a it different than everyone else.

LOL... for a sec there I thought you were going say, "Plus, I think I'm going to do time..."
They gotta catch me first!
What can I say LoCo, I'm a sucker for black. Nice setup as well!
Hector stop makeing new accounts and voteing for yourself..... LMAO

Its almost a Tie between Chris and rick.....
Posted By: Airforce Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/10/04 12:29 AM
seriously!! plus it's not even your car!!

doh!!
Bump
Voting closed last night. The final count was Chris - 69, Rick - 65, and Hector - 10. I won't have time to put up the post in Pics and Vids until later tonight.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Vote Here for October Car of the Month - 10/11/04 11:07 PM
No time. Been powdercoating for people.... hmmm
Rick

So it's my fault???
© CEG Archives