Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TaurusKev Yay!!! Finally have Cruise Control!!! - 09/11/04 04:46 AM
Took me the whole damn summer, but thanks to CEG, a member sent me the most helpful diagnostic flow chart. Ended up my Cruise control didnt work because! [censored] Brake/Deactivator wires were backwards.... Felt sooooooooooo good to get it working though

Do alot of driving, pressing Resume when im upto speed isnt a problem, so Cruise Control has been used alot since I got it installed

I just thought I would share that it finally works now

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Yay!!! Finally have Cruise Control!!! - 09/11/04 04:49 AM
niiiice dude!! I never use mine, I like to have full control of my car all the time, but its mostly cause its a standard and where I live its hard to drive in cruise. I use it one the lexus all the time though
Sweet, I like having full control of my car as well, but I can admit, for the long car trips, sometimes I wish I had it.
Posted By: rouar Re: Yay!!! Finally have Cruise Control!!! - 09/12/04 04:24 AM
I used cruise control once, in my dad's minivan, on a trip to Newport, RI, when I had my learner's permit. Other than that, counting all the long trips I've made and all the daily highway driving I do, I have never used it. I don't even know if it works in my car.
Glad it worked for you
Quote:

Took me the whole damn summer, but thanks to CEG, a member sent me the most helpful diagnostic flow chart.

Can I bum a copy of the flow chart from you?

My cruise control has been inoperative since I bought the car. Not a big deal for day-to-day driving, but the absence of c-c gets on my nerve on longer highway trips.

Thanks!

Po
If the flow chart could be sent easily over the internet I wouldnt mind taking a look at it as well. Shoot an email over to brian.grimes@gmail.com if thats the case. Thanks so much.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Yay!!! Finally have Cruise Control!!! - 09/13/04 06:32 AM
Many people have been asking:

Http://home.comcast.net/~Contourkev/cruisecontrol.htm

3 links provided to help

Caution: LARGE PDF files

Also give me time with the "Install.pdf" file, i havnt uploaded it, but it will be there shortly
Great! Thanks, dude.

Po
© CEG Archives