Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Here are the submissions for September. As usual, please only vote once for your favorite. Polls will be open until the 1st.

HITMANINMI

Elky

KyleH

MxRacerCam

SVT24

svt4b

XKontour98

Vote for me!
Posted By: Bailey Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/11/04 07:24 PM
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Vote for me!

Elky is da P.I.M.P.
Hey the back seat rides nice to the gas station too.
Posted By: Davo Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/11/04 07:50 PM
I voted for Elky also. Seen the car in person, and love it.

EDIT: Hitman has two votes. I didn't know you could vote multiple times!?!?!
I am so biased towards Silver frost i had to go with mxracerCam, i love those millie miglia's
elky's looks real nice with the profile pic and the blk rims just set of the tint
so prettttyyyyyyyyyy
Posted By: m!key Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/11/04 08:36 PM
elk, nice tint.
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/11/04 09:14 PM
Vote for me!

WHat about me????
Posted By: rouar Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/11/04 09:32 PM
MXRacerCam and XKontour98 have the nicest portraits, with MX's being the most clean.

So ...
Originally posted by Davo:
I voted for Elky also. Seen the car in person, and love it.

Dittto

EDIT: Hitman has two votes. I didn't know you could vote multiple times!?!?!

LMFAO you beat me to it
I like the wheels too, (see sig). I wondered how they would look with the SVT sides. That was my deciding factor.
Posted By: SAV Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/12/04 05:17 AM
MX hands down. You can't even see in the FRONT window!
Oh, voted for MX I did.
Originally posted by 98 SE:
MXRacerCam and XKontour98 have the nicest portraits, with MX's being the most clean.

So ...

The picture turned out alot better than it hosted I really like the background on MX's aswell. Good luck everyone!
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by 98 SE:

So ...

The picture turned out alot better than it hosted I really like the background on MX's aswell. Good luck everyone!

Yeah, sorry about that. I had to resize the pictures this morning (some were around 2200x1600) and the software I was using is crap. Next time I'll make sure to do resizing at home.
This month seems like more of a popularity contest than looks. They all seem about the same in looks this month. Nice cars everyone!
Vote for me!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..

No offense buddy, but have you looked at your car vs. your competition?
Originally posted by SVT24:
Vote for me!

WHat about me????

I voted for you! I lubs dem lip spoilers...
Posted By: SAV Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/12/04 04:03 PM
This contest IS turning out to be some sort of "People know me better than you." contest. And I've noticed people voting because of spoilers and wheels...isn't this a TINT contest?
Vote for me!

I voted for YOUR MOM!
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
This contest IS turning out to be some sort of "People know me better than you." contest. And I've noticed people voting because of spoilers and wheels...isn't this a TINT contest?

I thought we were picking the best overall car. The balance of the mods & tastefull enhancements. I like the subtle de-badged, curvy, sleeper kinda thing, whereas others may prefer something more showy.

If this was for TINT, why are there 2 cars with NO TINT in the line-up??
Posted By: SAV Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/13/04 01:18 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

I thought we were picking the best overall car. The balance of the mods & tastefull enhancements. I like the subtle de-badged, curvy, sleeper kinda thing, whereas others may prefer something more showy.

If this was for TINT, why are there 2 cars with NO TINT in the line-up??

Best overall car? The guidelines clearly said tint. In bold.

On a side note, the only car I don't think is tinted dark enough is SVT24's car. Other than that, all the other contestants have windows darker than any car off the assembly line.
All the cars appeared to be tinted to me, but I was thinking SVT24's was possibly only tinted on the rear window. Keep in mind that some people (not me) try to actually conform to their state's strict tinting laws. I'm at 30% up front and 18% in the rear, which is much lower than what's allowed in WI. In fact, I've seen cars tinted to meet the requirements (50% up front and 35% in the rear) and in certain light it can be hard to tell.

I'm starting to wonder if Adam had to put up with so much negativity?
Posted By: SAV Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/13/04 02:39 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:

I'm starting to wonder if Adam had to put up with so much negativity?

I'm wondering the same thing. In all honesty, I prefer your contests to his, because the only cars making the cut for him were CSVTs with thousands of dollars thrown into them. A prerequisite seemed to be the CSVT body kit, rims, and a Mirko and you were a shoe-in. Anything else was turned away. In this way, at least all cars get to participate.

All you other guys should remember though. COTM is a privlege for CEG members. There's no rules written anywhere that Hetfield has to take time out of his day to compile these contests. If you don't like the ideas, come up with your own or kiss the contests good bye all together. Simple. Learn to deal.

I voted for SVT24 because I thought it was the prettiest. Screw tint, I have the best tint job ever so none of these cars come close. That's one thing that hasn't fallen apart yet, bwahahaha...

By golly, you're right! I totally missed the guidelines for submissions post. I would have voted differently, I think.

Perhaps the guidelines for submissions/voting could be repeated at the top of the voting post as a reminder for ding-dongs like me.

Thanks for setting me straight SAV-ZX2, I'll pay closer attention in the future.
Perhaps the guidelines for submissions/voting could be repeated at the top of the voting post as a reminder for ding-dongs like me.

Suggestion noted.
Posted By: SAV Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/13/04 10:05 PM

By golly, you're right! I totally missed the guidelines for submissions post. I would have voted differently, I think.

Thanks for setting me straight SAV-ZX2, I'll pay closer attention in the future.

No prob. Glad I could help out. On a side note, I apologise if my rant after my message seemed directed to you. It was intended for everyone in general.
Bump.
Less than one week left and we have a very close race! If you haven't voted yet please get your say in now!
Posted By: SVTwa Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/26/04 09:32 PM
gotta throw it up for svt4b
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 08/26/04 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SpliceVW:
I voted for SVT24 because I thought it was the prettiest.

Thanks, but I don't think that is the best pic's of my car. I have some better side shots that show it off, but could not find them in time to submit.
Elkys car is hawt!
Wow, well, I can't declare a winner with a tie. Voting will remain open until Thursday, midnight.
Gotta go with the Elky-mobile on this one. It's all his fault I own an SVT in the first place!
Can I re-submit my car for "car of the month" next month
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 09/03/04 04:19 AM
congrats elky!!!
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Vote Here for September Car of the Month - 09/03/04 12:29 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
congrats elky!!!

Good job Elky, you do have a nice ride. Don't I get a few bonus votes for having Elky mesh though?
© CEG Archives