Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
After 4 years of owning the Tour' and looking forward to getting home from work everyday to skim the forums I've jumped the fence and joined hands with the rest of the trolls. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me in the past and extended my automotive knowledge to that of another platform...

I'll be in and out of the forums just seeing what's going on, but I just wanted to bid my farewell.

Keep working on the 1/4 mile times!!!!
so who ended up buying the car? someone from ebay? a ceger?
Best of luck with the new ride wavrdr, you troll.

Seriously, thanks for your input & contributions to the CEG community. Hope to see you 'round from time to time. I drive a T-red SE & we may yet meet up at one of the race tracks around south Florida.
Originally posted by wavrdr:
I've jumped the fence and joined hands with the rest of the trolls.

Kumbaya my brother

Nice choice on the upgrade... Z06 !!!
good luck with the new ride....i too am now a troll,but i still seem to spend about as much time on here as i did before...so is there a turbo in the zo6's future???that would be pretty sick...
A man after my own heart! I'd take a used Z06 over most of the sports cars on the road today! GL.

-Andy
gl!
and enjoy the z06!
Latah playa, have fun with that power!
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
so who ended up buying the car? someone from ebay? a ceger?

Good luck with the new ride!
i saw yer sh*T on ebay and knew this day would come
seriously though, nice move with the vette, dont forget your GEG family and keep your foot in whatever you drive

later dude!
that was one sweet svt man. the buyer is very lucky he doesn't have to go thru the head aches i'm sure you endured while buildin that car. i bet once you step on the gas in the Z, you dont look back to your contour for a second!!
Thanks for the kinds words gentlemen.....

The purchaser of my car goes by the name: xXColdazFireXx...

He lives down here in south Florida and currently owns an SVT...we're just waiting to get the title in hand to make the official trade.

As far as a turbo ZO6 I don't know about that....I do have a close friend that is a direct distributor for Magnacharger though.....Seriously though the car is hella fast, and that's coming from a super quick SVT(I trapped 108mph)....almost scary fast! Some guys have dipped into the high 11's nearly stock!

Take care you guys......
How much longer do I have to wait?!? It's driving me insane!
Originally posted by XxColdAzFireXx:
How much longer do I have to wait?!? It's driving me insane!

Lucky.......
I know I am very lucky. But since I got my SVT I've wanted more power, I was talking to my dad, and he was like "Why don't you just find one with everything that you want to do already done to it?" He didn't expect me to go home that night and find one with everything done, locally. So my parents talked it over and said ok, after my sister and i helped to persuade them a little. Now I have to sell mine. But I know I'm getting one of the nicest CSVT out there and for a good deal. So, as Alan said, we're just waiting on the title to come in to finalize the deal. I can't wait. The suspense is killing me. Thank you so much Alan, I truely do appreciate you being willing to part with your 'tour. But it does seem that you have moved on to bigger and better things. A Z06 seems like a large leap from a Contour SVT, but w/e works for you. I'll see you when the title comes in.

Robert
If you don't mind, how old are you?
17, I turn 18 in Sept.
Wow, you are really really lucky. You have awesome parents (with some decent size wallets). Drive safely.
Ya, they are pretty cool. My mom drives a Mercury Marauder, my dad is actually the one who drives the most modest car in the family, he drives a Ford Ranger. As far as wallet size goes, we're struggling with out business, the money for this car is coming out of my college fund that my grandmother set up for me, it had a lot of extra cash sitting in there. And for the driving safely, I always drive safely.
A 17yr old with a mid 13 sec SVT , DUDE!!!!!! learn to handle that thing well! before you start driving it like it should be driven... And your parents are fackin awesome!!! you should thank them for being great people every time you see them! although my first car was a 81 z28 camaro with a bored over 350... it ran low 13's me and my dad built it
Robert...still anxiously awaiting the title to come in myself so I can pull the Z in the garage....not to mention get the rest of the money!!! I'll keep you informed and let you know ASAP.

What I'll probably do is turn the boost down to around 5psi so you can get used to the car, and then you can turn up the boost at your own will. Remember I have not run anything over 8psi through the car as it's plenty fast there......I can't imagine what 10psi feels like, the gears are short enough as it is!
who wants to start a pool on when this kid wrecks the tour?
I managed to get in a accident 2 days after i got my first car. And that was a 82 mazda b2000 with like 50hp
For real thow im just kiddin, if you already have a svt im sure you will be fine. Just remember to keep the drag racing to the strip
I avoid racing on the streets anyway, to many morons down here. AS far as accidents go, my sister has made up for everyone in the family (knock on wood). I have been fortunate so far as to not hit or get hit by anyone or anything. I'm definately going to be spending a great deal of time familiarize myself with the car before i try anything that could be considered dangerous. And now I'm looking to take a course at a driving school in Arizona.

Robert
Alan....welcome to the wonderful world of Trolling!!!

I rode in Alan's new beast....and it is fast. It makes me want to trade my ride in on one.........but I'll stick with my droptop for now.

Alan and I will be heading to the track in the near future after I install my torque converter. I predict a very close race.

We should be pretty even at the strip.....but I should get spanked on the highway.
That was one sick ride you had and I cant even begin to think how far you will go with the new one but I hope you enjoy it! And to the kid who is recieving that SVT enjoy it and realize how lucky you are to have parents like that!!!
Congrats on the new ride, but when are we going to see the Vortech on it
Screw Vortech...I'd go with a MagnaCharger seeing as I can get it for cost...or even the Procharger before the "Craptech"... ..

I'm not sure if I'm going down that route or not. I'm "attemting" to start with an intake, long tube headers, and some type of exhuast setup...

I'll keep everyone updated!
© CEG Archives