Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#998046 07/09/04 06:02 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
here is what that piece looks like

in this picture I used a dremel and a drill bit to make the holes on the left larger to fit the bolts they needed to go through them. To bad, the plugs are different.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Okay, so I pulled a MAC sensor, or whatever you guys called it off a 98 Mercury Sable. Same Part Number and everything. I install it (along with my new fog light bulb I got for free) and everything is running well, Check Engine Light still on. So I pull the codes at Schucks. I got P0401, and P1405. So I reset the codes using their Code Puller. I leave to go drive for a bit. And within 4-5 minutes it turns back on. So I go back reset it, just incase it didn't do a good job. Start driving it comes back on. So I figure drive to my parents place and pull the fuse. So I do. I let my car idle for a minute or two, and put it into first. BAM it comes back on. I go to Schucks again. This time it pulls a P1401. Which is Exhaust gas re-circulation system (EGR) EVP Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected.
The print out tells me that the trouble code met qualifications to post, but is no longer present. It appears after off and on. And since the car with the old sensor never had this problem. I am think that maybe this sensor is bad too. So tomorrow. I hunt for another one. This time gonna grab one out of another taurus/sable. But little by little its getting fixed.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#998048 07/10/04 07:26 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by auiotour:
As I am driving, i miss the gear the the rpms sky rocket to about 6k. POW I see the Check Engine Light come on.

6k does not qualify as skyrocketing.

Maybe you should check the exhaust backpressure. If you have high backpressure it will blow off the DPFE hoses and possibly damage the DPFE, giving you a P1405 or P1401. If the engine does not pull like a scalded dog at 6k you have backpressure.

You also need to check the rest of the EGR system. Manually apply vacuum to the EGR valve. If the valve opens and the passages are clear, the engine will almost stall. First time I cleaned mine I missed some crud in the internal passage in the UIM that goes all the way over to the EGR valve.

P0402 EGR Flow Excessive at Idle is usually a sticking EGR valve or a leaky EVR. The EVR is between the coil pack and the IAC.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
#998049 07/10/04 03:24 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Well codes P0401. P0402, P1405. Are all fixed. I had just stuck the new sensor on and drove to schucks, whiped the codes, and drove off, within about two minutes it showed up again, so I went back, and it was P1401. But according to the Print out, the problem was seen once but is no longer there. I just installed it, drove maybe 5-6 minutes to schucks. not very far. I don't think it had time to damage it. I think it might have been damaged already.

#998050 07/10/04 10:46 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Problem is now fixed, I checked the wiring harness, and it felt not on all the way, i pushed it in a bit more, then went for a drive, after clearing the codes. Well, NO CEL Light!!! I am so excited. Tried to stop by emissions but they were closed at 1pm. SO I was 20 min late. Got my breaks, gonna install them tomorrow!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard