Auio,

The DPFE (Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor) is like under the TB bolted to the side of the engine. It has 2 hoses on the bettom of it to sense pressure (obviously) and an electric connector on the front surface.

They commonly go bad on our cars, i bet that is the problem. So far i've replaced one on my sis' 99 3.0 Duratec taurus, and my old 99 2.5 duratec stique. The old ones had a case made of metal and they were manuf. by kavlico i believe; the new one (which you want) has a case made of black plastic and its made by Motorolla. I say just buy one new, you don't want the old poorly designed ones which prematurely fail from a JY. Its easy to change, just scrape the old hoses off of the metal one because they're most likely melted on, then just swap.

The accordian tube and some other crap needs to be moved to gain access to the area.

Fwiw, i believe that ford used only one (or a small # of) DPFE sensors for the last few years, so if you get lucky, look for a black plastic one from the JY.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=