Originally posted by BARTECH:

The reason it seeped through (like stated above in previous posts) is becasue the leak was already present there....Dyno oil leaves deposits that can fill leaks.

Synthetic oil cleans out thoes deposits and makes the leaks noticeable...By not taking car of the leaks you can have a bigger problme later than now. people thinking that synthetic oil causes leak, is a common misconception.

Lupe

Hmm I don't know who out there would think synthetic oil would cause a leak....but anyway...regular 5W30 oil is the way to go if You do have a leak of some sorts. I have a very small leak from the oil pan gasket. But it's so small that I don't see the oil level going down on the dipstick. Only when I was using 5W30 synthetic did I have to add 1/2 litre between oil changes.

Check out the archives if you get a chance...or do a search in the forums.
Iv have read many posts and corrected a few people that have stated that Synthetic caused there leasks...but like i said before its not true....people with that misconception are out there, as a few of my friends were one of them.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles