Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
People are still posting in this now meaningless thread????

yep, even you

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
People are still posting in this now meaningless thread????

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I'm surprised this hasn't been locked already, oh well let the bashing continue....you're a prick for paying 19% first of all , if you are not happy with the 'tour fine but don't post here about Contiques being crap, go buy a honda and die you mofo

oh and by the way

Last edited by Contour-Mtl; 07/16/04 05:11 PM.

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
Originally posted by Stryker:

on a side note, i wouldnt know anything about an interest rate, my car is PAID FOR!!!

Oh how I dream for that day

2000 SVT Contour #2099 H&R Springs Koni Struts KKM Intake BAT Intake Tube Team Dynamics DTM's Mirko splitter carbon fiber parts
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

on a side note, i wouldnt know anything about an interest rate, my car is PAID FOR!!!

Yeah yeah, not everyone has the Job 1 car; Mr. July '94 build date.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

lmao

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

lmao

sorry...

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by bxd20:
<i>And who cares where the profits go? </i>

I care, and so should others in the US. Profits are what keeps a company alive and growing, making better product.

It's also the "spoils" of your hard work. In other words, paying off your assembly line workers is all well and good, but you needed to SPEND that money to have any chance of making any money. It gets you back to square #1.

The profits come back and are able to be reinvested in a cycle that feeds itself if properly cared for and grows your company.

Brian

Where do you think the profits come back to?

If Honda is making profit in the US, where is it going to invest that profit? In making more profit in the US. It doesn't hoard it in Japan. It's able to lower prices here to increase demand and generate jobs, or builds another factory here to make even more money. What do you think Ford does with their profits? They buy a foreign automaker or build another plant overseas.

Global companies traditonally spend very little of their profits in their domestic markets because their presence is already well-established there. Honda not only invests US profits back into the US but puts the majority of it's Japanese profits into the much larger and lucrative US market, adding further investments in our nation.

"Domestic" Automakers on the other hand have been putting their profits into Europe, China, and India to broaden their reach in an effort to beat the Japanese to the markets and neglecting new investments within the US at the cost of market-share leading to lost jobs.

Quote:

My point was, people act like buying an American "made" Accord helps fellow Americans just as much as buying, say, a Contour. And it doesn't, period. More $$ pours into the US economy for something like a Contour than for an Accord.

Utter BS.

Both are built in the US, both are going to be taxed the same, both likely have equal amounts of domestic parts content, and both are bought at US dealerships.

BUT, the difference is that the profit that Ford makes on that car (let's assume they do, even though they haven't made profits on their cars in years) will be spent overseas, whereas Honda will likely spend that profit in the US on capital projects.

Ford hasn't built a US assembly plant in 40 years, with the exception of the AutoAlliance Plant which was a joint Mazda/Ford venture. They have renovated some (Dearborn, Norfolk, and KC come to mind) -- at the cost of jobs as processes were automated. They have built a number of foreign plants though -- including 3 in Mexico to produce "domestic" automobiles, 8 in Asia, and 4 in Europe -- none in the US though.

Honda alone has built 7 plants in the US in the last 20 years at an investment of over $5Billion. Toyota, Nissan, the rest have more than 15 more between them, all built recently.

Seems pretty clear who's investing their profit within the US.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Bull-Mtl:
I'm surprised this hasn't been locked already, oh well let the bashing continue....you're a prick for paying 19% first of all , if you are not happy with the 'tour fine but don't post here about Contiques being crap, go buy a honda and die you mofo

oh and by the way

Right on Brotha!!!

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by the guy with his head up his a$$!!!:
F**k Ford!!! - I'm out! HONDA ALL THE WAY!!

And if this was his honda he dumped all his money into it would be the other way around:

Originally posted by stepmar2:
F**k HONDA!!! - I'm out! FORD ALL THE WAY!!

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard