Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by TJSwoboda:
Just curious: What would Ford have to do to lose your business?

A restraining order usually does the trick.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BaBySHO:
Originally posted by stepmar2:
F**k Ford!!! - I'm out! HONDA ALL THE WAY!!

Lick Balls!

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey man if youre going to talk bad about our tour's then get the hell outta here you pos. This is called the contour enthusiast group not a contour basher group. I got quirks with mine but I still love my car. My sister in law bought a 93 sundance duster with a 3.0 liter and that car was a total lemon. Well all I can say to you is see ya I wouldnt wanna be ya!! Wtf would pay 19% interest on a car. Your [censored] must be bad man. I pay 7& apr on mine every yr and I went from 14%.

Last edited by Zoe; 07/12/04 03:37 AM.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
"Contours don't last"... I'm glad nobody ever told this to Ross, or I'd be in trouble.

Ford's tend to be spotty. You either get a good one, or you get a BAD one. My experience in talking with owners seems like people either have a no or a couple of problems (nothing big deal) or they have nothing but problems.

On place of build. I don't give a rat's posterior where a car is built or the parts are sourced. I will buy what I consider to be the best car for the money I am budgeting. I bought the SVT for that reason, and I just chose the 6 for that reason.

If American companies don't build a good enough product, they have not earned my business. While I feel sorry for the workers, I won't buy a projust just to subsidize them.

Within bounds of reason, there is a lot more to a car than reliability. For what cars cost, we need to demand more than just an appliance. You will be driving this car day in and day out for at least the next couple of years. Never going to the repair shop is little consolation for a car you hate to drive. They will recommend any car with at least average reliability if it performs well enough. Their test ratings (which I don't agree with, except for this part) exclude reliability as a factor.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
you guys are funny, hes not reading these, dont waste your breath...

on a side note, i wouldnt know anything about an interest rate, my car is PAID FOR!!!

Last edited by Stryker; 07/12/04 12:25 PM.

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Hey I didn't read the subject line, but I saw this thread had stretched to 11 pages, so I figured we must be arguing about synthetic oil.

So I figured I'd jump in.

Synthetic oil rocks, dude!

Later.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
B
No life but CEG
No life but CEG
B
This should be our new "venting" post.

FORD ALL THE WAY!!!

R.I.P: 95 Tour LX working on getting SVT Power! SELLING 3L LIM AND UIM W/ TB!!! PM ME....
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Quote:

Pretty much all an "American built" Accord gives to our country's economy is the wage of the person that assembles it.

But those Americans have a JOB. Isnt that important?

Yes it is.

My point was, people act like buying an American "made" Accord helps fellow Americans just as much as buying, say, a Contour. And it doesn't, period. More $$ pours into the US economy for something like a Contour than for an Accord.

And in this example, I specifically chose the Accord for my point. Please don't compare the Mazda6 to the mexican Focus, I realize where those were engineered/marketed/built.

Brian

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
<i>And who cares where the profits go? </i>

I care, and so should others in the US. Profits are what keeps a company alive and growing, making better product.

It's also the "spoils" of your hard work. In other words, paying off your assembly line workers is all well and good, but you needed to SPEND that money to have any chance of making any money. It gets you back to square #1.

The profits come back and are able to be reinvested in a cycle that feeds itself if properly cared for and grows your company.

Brian

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
People are still posting in this now meaningless thread????

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard