Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Thought about all the cars I've had, some good, some bad. Like my dad used to say, "I ain't married to any of 'em." I would like to thank Stepmar for starting this entertaining thread, and Y'all can thank me for keeping it alive with this post.

Doug '96 Contour ZETEC T-Red/ATX
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
An effective trade policy can be realized and very effective in implementation if we limit exports to other countries as an index tied to George Bush's IQ level! That will solve the problem!

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Someone once told me that that there are only 3 things that are truely american.

hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolet....

Now where did I hear this....

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by btrautman:
Someone once told me that that there are only 3 things that are truely american.

hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolet....

Now where did I hear this....

Yah, what did Chevrolet do for this country? They didnt make the mass production line, FORD did, therefore FORD is truely american, with Henry Ford's idea, cars should be made affordable by everyone! The american dream!

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Yeah, your right, the car should not age at all.

I mean, next your going to tell me that the paint is fading with only 64k on the clock, or the seats are worn. Man, God forbid something shows its age!

Just because your mom is only 35 and only has one kid doesn't mean she's still hot! Her boobs could be down to her thighs still!

(If that made any sense)
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Originally posted by BARTECH:
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

Yeah I ya man. My car is a piece of [censored] to, every other day some [censored] breaks. First time someone pulls in front of me and I can hit them and be confident that my car will get totalled I'm doing it. I want a Toyota.

Umm you have an 8 year old car. No sh!t it's going to need parts.

DITTO

Yes, 8 years old with 64k. I know somethings will break and it doesnt matter how many miles are on it. Like a vacuum line those break by age mainly not miles, but a power window switch at 64k, only on a Contour.

LMFAO!!!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Sneaku:
Originally posted by Antonio:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
That racism accusation is quite unfounded. The 'Buy American' campaign was not born at a backyard B-B-Q of sheet wearing hicks (probably not anyway...). It was a call to arms by the unions to support union labor, and embraced by the politicians at the time to shore up the domestic economy. Keep American dollars in American pockets, and support American workers kinda thing. It was Nationalistic in nature, not a racial divide. After all, not every American worker is a white guy from Mississippi.

Let's keep things in their proper historical perspective and not practice revisionist history.

I am not talking about Pro-American being racist. IIRC, there is no conclusive evidence stating that a car made here in America is better then a car made in Mexico, Germany or even Japan for that matter. That is where the ignorance and yes even underlying racism comes into play.

Look at it like this. If you KNOW for a fact that Mexican workers build below quality cars then VW and Ford should know that too, right? Why would they even to waste money on recalls?

So, they must have faith in the quality of the Mexican workers. Maybe some of you all should too.

I don't recall anyone here saying that a car made in mexico was of lower quality. Quit trying to make people who like to "buy american" out to be racists...it's ignorant paranoia and it doesn't fit. And I don't really care what happened on some stupid messageboard to make you think that....since when is some dumbass internet messageboard a proper representation of the average U.S. citizen?

Kinda ironic how you get mad about "racists" blanketing a whole group of people yet you do the same by saying that these "buy american" types are racists. And before you try it...I am in no way racist but I am sick of people WHINING and MAKING UP racism where it doesn't exists...save that crap for the REAL RACISM issues that unfortunately still exist.

I never said buying American products was a racist thing to do, you said I did. I am tired of a certain few of you clowns, misreading, misunderstanding, and doing whatever the hell you do with my posts. Don't make me out to be something I am not and DON'T make get warmed up.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Yah, what did Chevrolet do for this country? They didnt make the mass production line, FORD did, therefore FORD is truely american, with Henry Ford's idea, cars should be made affordable by everyone! The american dream!

Henry Ford didn't create the mass production line. The railroad began using mass production some 50 years earlier in the building of the Transcontinental Railroad. Standardized Parts had also been in use for decades by many industries, so Ford can't claim that one either.

Henry Ford didn't even create the first Automobile Assembly line -- that was Ransom Olds (yes, Oldsmobile) more than a decade before Ford did. And while I realize you said "Mass Production Line", and there is a technical difference, many people do believe that Ford did create the assembly line.

All Henry Ford did was add conveyor belts to the Olds' system. While that did speed things up considerably, making it truly "mass production", his "invention" was only months ahead of implementation by the competition.

Ford did great things, but we'd all be driving cars just as cheap if not for him. It all would have happened, just a few months later than it historically did.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F

I never said buying American products was a racist thing to do, you said I did. I am tired of a certain few of you clowns, misreading, misunderstanding, and doing whatever the hell you do with my posts. Don't make me out to be something I am not and DON'T make get warmed up.

Agreed! These "people" are no different then the "Must be made in Germany" [censored] I encounter in the VW/Audi community. Like I really give a sh!t where my car is built from. Let me guess Mexican workers are not as smart as a German worker.

It all boils down to racism and it makes me sick.

Ahuh.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Sneaku:

Agreed! These "people" are no different then the "Must be made in Germany" [censored] I encounter in the VW/Audi community. Like I really give a sh!t where my car is built from. Let me guess Mexican workers are not as smart as a German worker.

It all boils down to racism and it makes me sick.

Ahuh.

my German car was built im Mexico

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by stepmar2:
Considering I have been paying 19% interest and have no warranty on my car

You are too stupid to own a car.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard