Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Originally posted by 99SVT:
No wonder you had so many problems. That is a really early model contour. I didn't even know they made them in 200. Oh wait is that A.D. or B.C.??

*Falling off my chair"

It was a very early model they were still working out the proverbial bugs... or scarab (dung) beetles as it were...

No wonder all the problems...isn't there info under "faqs" on which models should be avoided?? Maybe some updating is in order, mods?

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Originally posted by stepmar2:
This will be my last post so I want to make it clear.... There is a reason why Contours are so cheap to buy..... They suck! Ford really ruined my opinion of quality and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again as long as I live. Those of you who want to buy a Found on road dead....don't do it!! " YOu will always pay for mistakes that you did not bring upon yourself, and choosing Ford is a major mistake!"

Yeah I ya man. My car is a piece of [censored] to, every other day some [censored] breaks. First time someone pulls in front of me and I can hit them and be confident that my car will get totalled I'm doing it. I want a Toyota.

If that means you won't come on CEG anymore, please do it! And just for [censored] and giggles, don't wear a seatbelt!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You read my mind!! Good f--king riddance!!!!!!

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
After dumping all my time and money into my 200 Ford Contour SE, I have uncovered a serious problem. Torque converter seal is leaking rapidly. $2000 plus dollars to fix......Ummmmm no. I have had so many problems with my Ford Craptour that now I have to say goodbye. I am sick of the endless retardation that my car has given me. Considering I have been paying 19% interest and have no warranty on my car, I will now exit ownership of my 200 Ford Contour SE and never look back. This will be my last post so I want to make it clear.... There is a reason why Contours are so cheap to buy..... They suck! Ford really ruined my opinion of quality and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again as long as I live. Those of you who want to buy a Found on road dead....don't do it!! " YOu will always pay for mistakes that you did not bring upon yourself, and choosing Ford is a major mistake!"--- "So shall the lamb be led to the slaughter house...!" Whether you agree or disagree.... F**k Ford!!! - I'm out! HONDA ALL THE WAY!!

To base your experience with ford on only this car is ignorance....Hope you lean to grow up soon and realize that nothing is perfect...not even a Honda.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
After dumping all my time and money into my 200 Ford Contour SE, I have uncovered a serious problem. Torque converter seal is leaking rapidly. $2000 plus dollars to fix......Ummmmm no. I have had so many problems with my Ford Craptour that now I have to say goodbye. I am sick of the endless retardation that my car has given me. Considering I have been paying 19% interest and have no warranty on my car, I will now exit ownership of my 200 Ford Contour SE and never look back. This will be my last post so I want to make it clear.... There is a reason why Contours are so cheap to buy..... They suck! Ford really ruined my opinion of quality and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again as long as I live. Those of you who want to buy a Found on road dead....don't do it!! " YOu will always pay for mistakes that you did not bring upon yourself, and choosing Ford is a major mistake!"--- "So shall the lamb be led to the slaughter house...!" Whether you agree or disagree.... F**k Ford!!! - I'm out! HONDA ALL THE WAY!!

To base your experience with ford on only this car is ignorance....Hope you lean to grow up soon and realize that nothing is perfect...not even a Honda.

Lupe

*preachers voice on* "Can I get an Amen? " *preachers voice off*

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
yep window switches dont go out on hondas. But the window motors always go out or get really weak towards it takes lots of time to just roll one window up.

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
I guess I was lucky 'cause all of my issues happened within the first 2 years of owning my car so I got them all fixed under warranty. But then the SVT only has about 48K miles on it now and it's not getting driven much until I get back stateside.
My big issue is not so much with the problems I had with my car (which were a rather ridiculous amount for a brand new car) but moreso the utter lack of competence and care I have received from the 5 or 6 Ford dealerships I have taken my car into. The best one out of that bunch I could only say was "fair" with the worst being downright criminal and lying to me about needed a new rim that I didn't actually need. Not to mention the dealership I bought the car from had some assclown mechanic scratch up my less than a week old car while they had it back in to install lo jack. These sort of issues is what has turned me off from buying a new Ford vehicle. Hell, every car is gonna have some problems the important thing to me is how the company and their dealerships handle those problems and Ford and their dealerships let me down.
I love the SVT; fun ass car to drive but if the company doesn't back their product with good customer service I won't waste my money on their products. That's my opinion and you can flame me all day if you like.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Originally posted by 99SVT:
No wonder you had so many problems. That is a really early model contour. I didn't even know they made them in 200. Oh wait is that A.D. or B.C.??

*Falling off my chair"

It was a very early model they were still working out the proverbial bugs... or scarab (dung) beetles as it were...

No wonder all the problems...isn't there info under "faqs" on which models should be avoided?? Maybe some updating is in order, mods?

Overall - funniest thread of the year.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Yeah, your right, the car should not age at all.

I mean, next your going to tell me that the paint is fading with only 64k on the clock, or the seats are worn. Man, God forbid something shows its age!

Paint fading is normal, as is seats wearing those have actually held up fairly good.

Showings its age, I could understand a few vacuum lines breaking or gaskets leaking but [censored] man a switch for the window, most friends I know still have the original switchs at over 100k, and other stuff that I've had to replace already.

Window switches break. Its normal on ALL cars, not just yours. Hell, my best friend's Integra's drivers side power window AND power locks haven't worked for months. Go troll any Honda, VW, Toyota forum. You'll find it happens to all of them too.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Yeah, your right, the car should not age at all.

I mean, next your going to tell me that the paint is fading with only 64k on the clock, or the seats are worn. Man, God forbid something shows its age!

Paint fading is normal, as is seats wearing those have actually held up fairly good.

Showings its age, I could understand a few vacuum lines breaking or gaskets leaking but [censored] man a switch for the window, most friends I know still have the original switchs at over 100k, and other stuff that I've had to replace already.

Dude, its a switch. I could understand if your engine blew up, but its just a switch. IMO, dont gripe until you really have something to gripe about.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Maybe I'll stop b!tching about it. Only cost $15 shipped from a salvage yard in New York.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard