Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Originally posted by stepmar2:
This will be my last post so I want to make it clear.... There is a reason why Contours are so cheap to buy..... They suck! Ford really ruined my opinion of quality and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again as long as I live. Those of you who want to buy a Found on road dead....don't do it!! " YOu will always pay for mistakes that you did not bring upon yourself, and choosing Ford is a major mistake!"

Yeah I ya man. My car is a piece of [censored] to, every other day some [censored] breaks. First time someone pulls in front of me and I can hit them and be confident that my car will get totalled I'm doing it. I want a Toyota.

Well, first to the guy with the year 200 tour, good riddance and to HITMAN, wtf dude . No wonder peeps dont like you. Sorry I ever stood up for you. I now understand where everyone was coming from...

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by BARTECH:
Originally posted by todras:

Yeah I ya man. My car is a piece of [censored] to, every other day some [censored] breaks. First time someone pulls in front of me and I can hit them and be confident that my car will get totalled I'm doing it. I want a Toyota.

Umm you have an 8 year old car. No sh!t it's going to need parts.

DITTO

Yes, 8 years old with 64k. I know somethings will break and it doesnt matter how many miles are on it. Like a vacuum line those break by age mainly not miles, but a power window switch at 64k, only on a Contour.

OMG, I am sick of this. From what you have told me you use your power windows 7-10 times A DAY! My brother had a 92 lebarion in 1996 and we had to replace ALL of the switches and ALL of the motors because we used them so often. ITâ??S NOT UNCOMMOIN. My mom has a 98 Pontiac Grand prix GT with power windows, about 1 year after she got it brand new she had to replace a window switch. Power windows arenâ??t perfect; in fact, itâ??s the reason why I made sure my first car didnâ??t have them, because I knew if they broke, I wasnâ??t going to fix them. Itâ??s a good thing that you like Toyota, they are good cars. But our contours are unique; sure we have to work on them a little more often then some other cars, but so what? It just means we are more mechanically inclined and when you get another car, and something on it breaks, you will know how to replace it, and not have to dish out the cash for a shop. I bought my 96 GL tour KNOWNING I was going to have to do work on it, I had to replace the timing belt about 2 months after I started driving it, then my plugs wires and coil, which was planned. My right back brake wasnâ??t planned, but that was like 60$ and I did that with the help of my uncle and father, You should know by now that ALL cars are money pits, and ALL cars that are getting older are going to need to be worked on, some more then others. If you hate your contour so much, sell it and buy something else, donâ??t bother us with you constant whining about one little tiny thing being wrong.

I really didnâ??t want to sound rude on this, or i'm not trying to offend you at all. I just want to set the record straight, all of us are sick of hearing about one little thing going wrong with your car and you want it to explode or something. "My power window switch died, now I wish my car gets totaled." I think more then one of us see something wrong with that quote.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by stepmar2:
After dumping all my time and money into my 200 Ford Contour SE, I have uncovered a serious problem. Torque converter seal is leaking rapidly. $2000 plus dollars to fix......Ummmmm no. I have had so many problems with my Ford Craptour that now I have to say goodbye. Blah, blah blah, ad infinitum.....

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
Originally posted by BARTECH:
Originally posted by todras:

Umm you have an 8 year old car. No sh!t it's going to need parts.

DITTO

Yes, 8 years old with 64k. I know somethings will break and it doesnt matter how many miles are on it. Like a vacuum line those break by age mainly not miles, but a power window switch at 64k, only on a Contour.

OMG, I am sick of this. From what you have told me you use your power windows 7-10 times A DAY! My brother had a 92 lebarion in 1996 and we had to replace ALL of the switches and ALL of the motors because we used them so often. ITâ??S NOT UNCOMMOIN. My mom has a 98 Pontiac Grand prix GT with power windows, about 1 year after she got it brand new she had to replace a window switch. Power windows arenâ??t perfect; in fact, itâ??s the reason why I made sure my first car didnâ??t have them, because I knew if they broke, I wasnâ??t going to fix them. Itâ??s a good thing that you like Toyota, they are good cars. But our contours are unique; sure we have to work on them a little more often then some other cars, but so what? It just means we are more mechanically inclined and when you get another car, and something on it breaks, you will know how to replace it, and not have to dish out the cash for a shop. I bought my 96 GL tour KNOWNING I was going to have to do work on it, I had to replace the timing belt about 2 months after I started driving it, then my plugs wires and coil, which was planned. My right back brake wasnâ??t planned, but that was like 60$ and I did that with the help of my uncle and father, You should know by now that ALL cars are money pits, and ALL cars that are getting older are going to need to be worked on, some more then others. If you hate your contour so much, sell it and buy something else, donâ??t bother us with you constant whining about one little tiny thing being wrong.

I really didnâ??t want to sound rude on this, or i'm not trying to offend you at all. I just want to set the record straight, all of us are sick of hearing about one little thing going wrong with your car and you want it to explode or something. "My power window switch died, now I wish my car gets totaled." I think more then one of us see something wrong with that quote.

Yeah right get real. You post everyday about some littel problem, you go around looking for problems. Your misfires well about everyday there is something new going on, first it was clutch going bad, then misfires, then back to the clutch, turns out a mechanic said it was nothing, but your still looking for a problem.

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by dartsoccer8:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Just because your mom is only 35 and only has one kid doesn't mean she's still hot! Her boobs could be down to her thighs still!

great analogy!!

indeed. so sig-afied

really though, cars get old, people beat on them and then wonder why the car doesn't run like brand new (and they also claim they don't beat on them).
It happens.
I don't think these cars are much different from any other car in its class/price range/age.
Nothing lasts forever nor is anything ever indestructable.
If you want a vehicle that's like new all the time, start leasing.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Yeah, your right, the car should not age at all.

I mean, next your going to tell me that the paint is fading with only 64k on the clock, or the seats are worn. Man, God forbid something shows its age!

Paint fading is normal, as is seats wearing those have actually held up fairly good.

Showings its age, I could understand a few vacuum lines breaking or gaskets leaking but [censored] man a switch for the window, most friends I know still have the original switchs at over 100k, and other stuff that I've had to replace already.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
with your mentality the paint should not be fading and theseats should not be worn....but God forbid a window switch? Next a wiper motor, then the world!

Yeah, your right, the car should not age at all.

I mean, next your going to tell me that the paint is fading with only 64k on the clock, or the seats are worn. Man, God forbid something shows its age!

Paint fading is normal, as is seats wearing those have actually held up fairly good.

Showings its age, I could understand a few vacuum lines breaking or gaskets leaking but [censored] man a switch for the window, most friends I know still have the original switchs at over 100k, and other stuff that I've had to replace already.

Ryan Trollin!
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Yeah, I used to do that, the whole clutch thing was a while ago, and I was not whining or complain about it, I was looking for future information for when I had to replace it. But it turned out that there was nothing wrong with my clutch what so ever. The Misfires Where what I thought was clutch was slipping. It turns out my fuel pump is a little weak, and iâ??m not going to worry about it because I only get misfires when I really work the engine, iâ??m talking AC on, gas pedal almost the whole way down. Iâ??m not going to worry about it until my fuel pump starting to go on that last string mode. Otherwise I have nothing to worry about when it comes to my contour. Its old, I understand itâ??s going to have its share of faults. It didnâ??t go from clutch, to misfires, to clutch, it went from just Clutch to misfires because I was told otherwise, never back again. I used to be over pessimistic about it, but now i'm not. Older cars have their share of clings and clangs; it just took me a while to understand that.

I relise what I said before may make me seem kind of like an oxymoron, but in the past couple of days I have realised that worrying about stuff, or bitching about problems never solves them. If you hate your contour so much, dont [censored] about it, get rid it. I dont hate my contour, I dislike the fact that I have to do a little more work on it then planed, but thats chaos theory; if anything can possibly go wrong, it eventually will.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
Originally posted by caltour:
Thanks for sharing. We love you, too.

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 99SVT:
No wonder you had so many problems. That is a really early model contour. I didn't even know they made them in 200. Oh wait is that A.D. or B.C.??

*Falling off my chair"

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard