Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
No wonder you had so many problems. That is a really early model contour. I didn't even know they made them in 200. Oh wait is that A.D. or B.C.??

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
At least when we drive a Contour we are driving something made right here in America- not Japan! And of course there will always be some specific cars that have something wrong with them all the time- you just got bad luck, heh, just like your car loan @ 19%. Someone like you doesn't deserve to be behind the wheel of a Contour! Goodbye and make sure the door hits you on the way out.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by stepmar2:
This will be my last post so I want to make it clear.... There is a reason why Contours are so cheap to buy..... They suck! Ford really ruined my opinion of quality and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again as long as I live. Those of you who want to buy a Found on road dead....don't do it!! " YOu will always pay for mistakes that you did not bring upon yourself, and choosing Ford is a major mistake!"

Yeah I ya man. My car is a piece of [censored] to, every other day some [censored] breaks. First time someone pulls in front of me and I can hit them and be confident that my car will get totalled I'm doing it. I want a Toyota.

Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
Considering I have been paying 19% interest

And to think that's the best rate he could get. Did he put it on his credit card? I rather enjoyed my .9% finance from Found On Road Dead Credit, thank you.

Quote:

There is a reason why Contours are so cheap to buy..... They suck!

At least this should have helped with that 19% interest rate. Sounds like your lender effed you more than your Craptour did.

Quote:

HONDA ALL THE WAY!!

...to the tune of $2K in repair bills if he got a TL with the grenading tranny problems that seem to be plaguing the marque these days.

Quote:

I will now exit ownership of my 200 Ford Contour SE

No wonder resale was so bad. I'd hate to see what my 'Tour is worth after 1804 years!!!! Good to know they run that long.

Jim H 95 Midnight Blue SE (Sold) 98.5 Silver Frost E1 (Sold) '04 G35 6MT Sedan (Sold) '01 Aurora 4.0
D
CEG'er
CEG'er
D
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

First time someone pulls in front of me and I can hit them and be confident that my car will get totalled I'm doing it. I want a Toyota.

probably one of the stupidest things i've ever heard!!

*I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumbass www.fast4doors.com
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Umm...what excatly are U trying to say here?

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
This will be my last post so I want to make it clear.... There is a reason why Contours are so cheap to buy..... They suck! Ford really ruined my opinion of quality and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again as long as I live. Those of you who want to buy a Found on road dead....don't do it!! " YOu will always pay for mistakes that you did not bring upon yourself, and choosing Ford is a major mistake!"

Yeah I ya man. My car is a piece of [censored] to, every other day some [censored] breaks. First time someone pulls in front of me and I can hit them and be confident that my car will get totalled I'm doing it. I want a Toyota.

Hitman, Hitman, Hitman. Didn't we raise you right? Didn't we teach you right from wrong?

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by caltour:

Hitman, Hitman, Hitman. Didn't we raise you right? Didn't we teach you right from wrong?

Well I guess I would stop, but if this car got totalled in an accident it would be no big loss to me at all.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
i think contours may be hit or miss. back in 95 my mom bought a LX Zetec 5speed. That car was a disaster.. but what can you expect fro mthe dealer demo? within the first year second gear barely worked and there were rattles everywhere. ford service said "they one fix things that are broken". according to them none of those things were broken. However, one of my good friends had a 96 Xetec auto and hers runs great. her uncle gave it too her and bought a zetec focus. i recently bought a 98 SE Sport Duratec 5speed and i love it. it was cheap, but it runs great. its really good condition and hasnt cost me much at all. its expensive to insure, but i love this car. runs great. im sure there are some bad contours out there... as there are with all cars. we have had 3 chevrolet blazers in the last 5 years. 2 were great(first one went over 250k) but 1 that we bought for my brother was a disaster... electrical problems. only thing left you car replace is radiator(basically). they r cars. they break down. some more than others, but thats there nature.

1998.5 Ford Countour SE Sport V6 5-spd. Black/Gray with SVT 16inch wheels. approximately 89,000 miles 2004 Toyota RAV4 L Auto Silver/Grey Leather 4,000 miles
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by caltour:

Well I guess I would stop, but if this car got totalled in an accident it would be no big loss to me at all.

I'm not gonna lie. There have been many times I have wished that somebody would just total my car, steal my car, set my car on fire. God when I walked outside and either saw that or didn't see my car there anymore. I sure would have a big smile on my face. I could just walk away from the whole ordeal and start over. But those dreams never come true.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard