Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:

My Dad (and probably Kremits too, probably about the same age) come from the old-school way of thinking. If you dont have the tool, you still gotta fix the problem. No need to go out and spend $$ if you dont have to.

Can we all just get along now?

Yeah, definitely same kinda dads.

I'm all for getting along. I think meangreen is real worked up about this and thinks I'm really worked up about it too. I'm not though, I just like to discuss/argue stuff.

Meangreen, it's OK to not know everything and to be wrong sometimes. Every one is wrong every know and then. It's also OK to do things differently in different situations. Not everybody does everything the same way. Everybody can't do everything the same way. It must be nice to be able to afford thousands of dollars of tools, and to throw away aftermarket exhausts,etc. but most of us can't do that,,, so we make do with what works. And when I say make do with what works, we do it because it WORKS. And if it works, even if it's not by the book, then it's OK by us.

Don't worry about my tools and my old exhaust systems, etc...dwelling on it only makes you appear worked up over it...making it appear that the real root to your problem with me is not about knowing how to work on cars, but more on the lines of what I can "afford" to buy and thow away.

And again, if you have the special secret trick that can't be trusted with just everybody way of holding the cams w/o the need of a real cam holding tool, why did you go to the professional, having him to do that job for you, using his tools and his methods, not your special tools and your secret methods?