Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
It doesn't come in handy if you suggest by $10k worth of tools to work on a car worth $2k-$5k.

I never said that a pro or a DIY would have to spend $10k on tools to do a timing belt replacement...and I never tried to bring the value of their car into this.

Quote:

Didn't say that, I said I'd rather help someone do it themselves, rather than tell them the "by the book" way which they can easily find themselves (either in a book or on dvd/cd).

You'd have them cut corners, instead of doing it right while they had it apart?

Quote:

That would be a know-nothing attitude. But I've talked to mechanics that act like they are the ONLY person to ever work on a car and that the owner doesn't know anything about automobiles. You definitely seem to be one of those.

You think your backyard graduation can keep up with my experience, expert?

Quote:

Keyword number 2 and 3: another state

1st Keyword: Dealer...so if his source for the one part is the dealer, why would you have him find another source for the tensioner spring and bolt that they already have, right there?

Quote:

Hmm, I work on my car out of necessity, and I give advice based on my experience and what obviously works. Even if you don't like it, other people appreciate it, and you can shove your head into your thousand dollar dvd to figure stuff out if you don't like how me and others on here do it ourselves.

You can keep your files and cardboard, and you can just imagine what you would do with a professional shop that is packed full with real nice equipment and boxes that are stuffed with every tool you'd ever need...while trying to tell me that doing it right, following procedure, is somehow the wrong way to do it.