Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Maybe because I've done it myself (timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and idler pulleys). I didn't do the cam gears because I had already done the stuff once myself and yes it is a bit more work if cam gears have to be touched and more tools are needed.

More tools...as in: Ford's T74P-6256-B that's listed in Ford's Workshop Manual, in the section for "In-Vehicle Repairs" (Timing Belt Replacement) page number 303-01A-63 ...as one of the 3 tools that they say are required for proper timing belt replacement?

No *extra* tools are needed to get those cams off, I see.

Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
But guess what, if cam gears are not being changed (atleast on pre98s), then timing does not change. You lock the cams in at TDC with ANY piece of decent metal (a file WILL work fine) and you have the crank pulley aligned with the notch on the block. It's all pretty easy stuff to do. The only time I've heard of needing any kind of peg was during an engine rebuild. Ooo but what would I know, I've only done it on my own car.

You're just making excuses for not buying the tools and doing a job, skipping over some of the required and/or suggested steps, to save money. Doing it isn't the same as doing it exactly right, following all the procedures, using all the tools that are suggested and designed by Ford, for their Zetec, when replacing the timing belt.

Use a file? LOL