Glad your dealer fixed it, but it is not the heat! I lived in AZ with both of my contours that I owned and it is the oxygenated fuels. As soon as the proper valve was put in I never had another issue, summer or winter. Just remember that the oxygenation is changed every year at the end of spring and at the beginning of winter because of the issues it has with volatility during summer. How coincidental that you noticed it at that time.

Either way the recall program is great and I advise anyone who can get it done to do it.
BTW, the 1995 systems were pre-obd2, or an OBD1 with extras. I went through this problem with a Ford rep, not the dealer and that is how I know the problem and the eventual solution.
By the way, many times you can go to the dealer and ask them to petition Ford to fix your car under the recall even though you are 8k miles over. Many times when the mileage is close Ford will authorize the dealer to make the repair. It doesn't hurt to try.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black