Originally posted by LittleMystique:
Hey everyone,

I'm excited to be part of this forum. Hopefully I can get some answers to some of my pressing questions

First of all I have a 1998 Mercury Mystique GS. It has the 2.0L Zetec with DOHC. I am interested in beggining to MOD but I want to know if its worth it. I would like to eventually turbo my engine but want to maximize performance while keeping everything "street legal"... ahem... SO how much power can I realistically expect to get out of my engine after its all tricked out? Lets say if I dropped like... 3-4 G's into the car? New headers, exhaust system, Sprockets, pulley, Air filter, Chip and Turbo?

Is it better for me to wait and drop in a 2.5L contour engine, and mod that? Or stick with my little 2.0L baby. Will a 2000 Contour Engine even Fit, and could I keep my existing parts like the alternator, starter, A/C comp and such?

Just for fun, what is the highest HP reading you've had on your 2.0L Zetec and how many mods have you put in?

THANKS GUYS

OK in order to swap a 2.5 into a Zetec car, you would need the Lower sub frame off a 2.5, the tranny (zetec are rod shifter IIRC) and a bunch of other things...( can't remember off the top of my head) but the gerneral agreement is that it would cost less to buy a Contour with a 2.5 liter than to drop one in.....unless you had some connections.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles