Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
makes me wish i owned a contour just so i'd have a place to mount that great hood....

- Rich LBC Performance Motorsports Group/AMSOIL '98 Cougar V6 ATX aka 'Candy Striper' Photos
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
car is beggin for some black headlights

you guys did a really good job on the hood, its a shame its not functional.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
car is beggin for some black headlights

you guys did a really good job on the hood, its a shame its not functional.

Sure it is. We get air flow in from the back of the hood, and the vent can be cut out for further air flow. Headlights are the next thing to be fixed for sure.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
livinsvt--you have a PM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

Thats beautiful

DITTO!!!

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Glad you like Scott. By the way everyone, thats not my car. I can't take all the credit, the owner goes by the real name and screenname STU. He doesn't get to post much. But he appreceates all the props !

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I have a question about the design. Non-funtionally it would seem like the hood design would catch A LOT of water when it rains. If we made it functional the water would go into the engine bay. This isn't really good. I like the design and I LOVE carbon fiber but this just seem like the hood has a design flaw.

That said...I'll be buying one in the next month or so.

~darp~

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Here's a fix...don't drive it in the rain! :-P

Ryan Trollin!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by mr_froge:
makes me wish i owned a contour just so i'd have a place to mount that great hood....

I do, and I will!! Guess I'm gonna be numero uno. I just couldn't pass this up. It's taken a long time but I believe it'll be worth the wait. Livinsvt, thanks. I'll be sure to take plenty of pix.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Whose the guy in the picture? And why isn't he smiling? He's got a new CF cowl hood on his car!!!

I haven't decided if I will put w/w squirters in it, probably not. I might look at how my daughter's Cavalier is done. Hers are on the wiper arm. BUT if I do decide to do it, what kind of special, if any, steps do I have to take to make sure I don't screw anything up? And as a bow of humbleness to WOLF24, thanks again for all you've done to make this happen.

You guys crack me up! Thanks for all the support. As far as cutting the hood hear is all you need to know, measure once cut twice . Got it. Seriously, there realy isn't anything special you need to know. But I will see if Jacob can provide some more info for you guys.

hi guys.
if you really want to open up the cowl portion, be sure to use a couple layers of masking tape and a ruler to draw a straight line where the cut is going to go. i recommend using a dremel w/ an extension as i'm certain that angle won't be the easiest to reach.

as for rain getting in, just drive REALLY fast and dodge those rain drops! but i have to let you guys know, if you cut it open and water gets in and it ultimately results in some sort of damage, we can't be held liable since the end user decided to modify it. to each his own, but i really like the look of it uncut and the vent in the back is functional enough.

lastly, i can't seem to find the link but i knew of a guy w/ a toyota matrix that stealth mounted his washer nozzles under his hood to spray up through the cabin grille just in front of the windshield. maybe you guys can come up with a similar idea!

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard