Originally posted by 4banganda5spd:
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Originally posted by 00SVT:

The others are just Lightning and Cobra - no "SVT" in front of or behind them.

Actually, that's not correct. If we wanna get technical, the full names of the vehicles are:

SVT F150 Lightning
SVT Mustang Cobra

SVT should come first (Focus and Contour) before the model name.

Yes, but when someone refers to the vehicles, no one says "I drive a 2000 SVT F150 Lightning" or "I drive a 99 SVT Mustang Cobra".

Whereas when referring to the Focus or Contour, "SVT" must be stated before or after "SVT Contour/Focus" "Contour/Focus SVT".

wrong

Right.

I've talked to many Lightning and Cobra owners and NEVER once heard any of them say "I drive a 2000 SVT F150 Lightning" or "I drive a 99 SVT Mustang Cobra".

Did I say "techincal" name? No I didn't. I said in the real world.

Originally posted by 00SVT:
Yes, but when someone refers to the vehicles, no one says "I drive a 2000 SVT F150 Lightning" or "I drive a 99 SVT Mustang Cobra".

Whereas when referring to the Focus or Contour, "SVT" must be stated before or after "SVT Contour/Focus" "Contour/Focus SVT".

They may not refer to it like that, but like I said, "technically" it's the name. And there is no stating SVT after when referring to the Contour or Focus. Focus/Contour SVT is wrong, plain and simple. It's a bit more than a trim level distinction.

Really? Not quite.

Not according to this
Or this
Or this
Or this
Or this
Or this

I could go on...

Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
SVT is a trim level, much to the purist's chagrin.
The P## in VIN in the code is trim level, of which P68 is SVT.

BTW:
P65= 95-98 GL, 98.5-99 LX
P66= 95-98 LX, 98.5-00 SE
P67= 95-98 SE

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq