Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Ahh!!! It rained at Carisle, that didn't stop us!! Who cares if it rains....

Is there a meeting time & spot for us Lehigh Valley people to meet up and drive down? I think Steve maybe coming too...

Brian D. Passaro 1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top 1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I made the trip to French Creek today to scope it out . It was so nice today , my brother & I even played a round of frisbee golf while we were there . There was a guy there selling discs (don't call 'em frisbees ) , I believe he's with the local Disc Golf Association . He said he'll be there tomorrow as well . The discs are $8 - $14 from him , and are far & away better than MY discs .
I don't know which way everyone's coming to the Park , but I can say from rte. 422 , take rte. 82 south (into Birdsboro) to rte. 345 south to the Park . They just paved rte. 345 in the park , so it's a pretty nice ride now .
The directions I gave for INSIDE the park are still good to go ! You'll be on Park Road for a bit till you see the park office (you can't miss it) , that's my only addition to those directions .

Keep your eyes peeled here for any updates to the meet due to the weather ! I'll feel really bad if the N.Y. guys drive all the way down just to be sitting in the rain .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
I'll feel really bad if the N.Y. guys drive all the way down just to be sitting in the rain .

Rain hasent ever bothered me. Ill just bring a change of clothes, dry ones for the ride home. So even if it does rain im still game if everyone else is. Rain just means my car wont be as clean as i would like it but not a biggy.

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
If it's raining, I'm out. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens.. If not, I'm up for the rain date.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Guys lets decide tonight about whats going on.

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
The girlfriend and I should make it down anywhere from 12:30-1:30 depending on how lost we get. Can I get someones cell # in case that does happen and so someone can have mine in case we dont all get tickets to the big rain event.

Brian

EDIT

By the way, should I bring some kind of dessert? how many people are we expecting? need to be sugar free or anything special?

Last edited by Xoom; 07/17/04 11:57 PM.

'98 Ford Contour Mods: Audio: JVC kdlx-100 4 Pioneers 2-180 and 2- 200 watt speakers Meguiars Car wax http://www.secnut.com
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Hmmm ... tough decision here .

Everywhere I've looked/heard today is saying rain tomorrow . As much as I hate to even suggest it , I think maybe we ought to go with the rain date & bag it for tomorrow .

There are no covered picnic table areas (that I've ever seen) & that would mean standing in the rain , cooking in the rain , shooting the s**t in the rain , frisbee golf in the rain ... you get the idea . I really don't want our long distance peeps to have to endure that crap . I , for one , think we ought to wait & do the meet in a few weeks .

Let me know what you guys are thinking ... ASAP ! This IS a group thing , after all .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Brian(Xoom), check your PM's, I sent you my cell number.

Umm, I just checked weather.com and there is a flood watch posted for Elverson. One to three inches of rain are expected.

I'm up for waiting til the 8th!! I think everyone would be more comfortable chatting, playing frisbee golf, etc. if it was nice out.

Last edited by LUCA; 07/18/04 02:15 AM.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Does this mean that YOU've heard a different weather report , Christine ??

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
Does this mean that YOU've heard a different weather report , Christine ??

No! I just edited my post as I wanted to check weather.com one last time.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard