Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
You guys drive like morons if you've been "saved" that many times by a radar detector.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Davo:
You guys drive like morons if you've been "saved" that many times by a radar detector.

or maybe not all of us drive like grannies?
if you honeslty drive 65 on the turnpike... go ahead someone would probably take out a shotgun and shoot u..
out in nebraska i am sure the speed limits are a tad higher and the volume of cars is probably alot lower than the NJ/NYC area..

-the original non contour owner- an m3 or an sti? thats like asking "Miss USA or Hooter's waitress?" 05' Sti Silver/Silver
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
yeah seriously Davo-
Lay off man, being saved by a radar detector doesn't make us morons, means we were driving fast and our asses were saved. . .and given the TERROR alert in Washington and NYC over this past weekend, the place was teeming with cops. . .there aren't any terror alerts in Nebraska because. . .well, no one lives there, terrorists don't give a f%ck about the midwest. . .and don't ask me why law enforcement thinks terrorists speed. . .

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
there aren't any terror alerts in Nebraska because. . .well, no one lives there, terrorists don't give a f%ck about the midwest. .

this is true.
hmmm
own3d?

-the original non contour owner- an m3 or an sti? thats like asking "Miss USA or Hooter's waitress?" 05' Sti Silver/Silver
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I don't see how you could encounter 12 speed traps in 2 days unless you're actively seeking them out. Unless you're really lying about that.

EDIT: And I should inform you that when the radar detector beeps, it doesn't always mean there's a speed trap and that your ass was saved by the thing.

Last edited by Davo; 08/11/04 07:02 PM.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
yeah seriously Davo-
Lay off man, being saved by a radar detector doesn't make us morons, means we were driving fast and our asses were saved. . .and given the TERROR alert in Washington and NYC over this past weekend, the place was teeming with cops. . .there aren't any terror alerts in Nebraska because. . .well, no one lives there, terrorists don't give a f%ck about the midwest. . .and don't ask me why law enforcement thinks terrorists speed. . .

I don't really know the skill or smarts of the NYPD, but I sure wouldn't fight terrorism by sitting on the side of the road with my radar gun on. I figure terrorists are more dangerous than speeders. But what do I know.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I don't see how you could encounter 12 speed traps in 2 days unless you're actively seeking them out. Unless you're really lying about that.

EDIT: And I should inform you that when the radar detector beeps, it doesn't always mean there's a speed trap and that your ass was saved by the thing.

Davo-
I took 495 from DC to I-95 to NJ Turnpike to Garden State

At I-95, there were 5 speed traps, on the turn pike, there were 7 more. This is a round trip number, so it includes my trip back to DC from NYC.

You should drive it some time.

And yeah, I know, when it beeps, it doesn't mean there's a cop, but in this case, the numbers I included weren't false positives.

The X50 doesn't get many false beeps anyways, just at weight stations i noticed.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
[quote=ssmumich00]
The X50 doesn't get many false beeps anyways, just at weight stations i noticed. [/quote]

I disagree. I get alot of X Band in the city, including NYC (in City Mode). I'm actually contemplating disabling X Band since nearly no one uses it up here anyways.

That said, this new toy has saved me a few times. Definately already paid for itself in possible insurance premiums, let alone tickets.

- Zack

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I get X-band in the city also. I'm thinking about disabling that band, as it's pretty much extinct anymore anyways.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I

anyone who has driven on the GS pwky can vouch for the # of cops..
even on a normal weekend you will see the camo ones in the bushes...the unmarked ones and of course my favorite the big expeditions ...

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard