Originally posted by ssmumich00:
So how do you hardwire everything up? Do you have the radar wired up to behind the rear view? I'm going to have the ZR3 installed soon enough, and the instructions recommend a "professional installer" tackle it. . .

I have mine right below the rearview, a little bit to the right. It's as easy to look at as it is to look at the rearview mirror, plus there's plenty of space for the radar antenna and laser sensors to work properly. I tapped into the radio fuse and grounded to the steering column, and (like Kremit) ran the cable up through the A pillar.

If I understand the ZR3 right, you have three connections going into the main module (two front sensors and one rear), power and ground, and output to your 7500/8500. There's plenty of room around the interior fuse box to put that module, so just wire everything there.

It's probably just as easy, or easier, to install the ZR3 as it is to wire an amplifier. The only problem I can forsee is mounting the front laser sensors, which will probably go in your bumper grill. If you need any hints or help just let me know. I may be getting the ZR3 in the next month or so.